TNDTR #34 Forum for the Tennessee chapter #34

Anyone want to come help?....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone want to come help?....

Well guys, it finally happened. I was able to find a 1985 4 door first gen! I am going to be transplanting everything from the rhino truck. This means that I will be converting from a 2wd to a 4x4. There are some provisions in that frame ( hole for the front spring mounts) but there is nothing for the rear spring mount. There are also a few other things that will need to be swapped. The good news is that with my old frame available, I have everything I need. So, does anyone want to come help me with this? I already have the front end off of the 85, and now have a reason to tell my wife I need an engine hoist and stand that will hold the cummins motor! If you think you would be willing to help just start throwing out some dates, if not I will try to keep you updated on the project.

by the way, I also have a lead on some pipes to finally get my twins together and I think I am going to put a dump kit under the bed
Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 PM

Wow man, sounds like fun! (for you)laugh...Good Luck with it!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I will come help....not sure when I can make it...so go ahead and start without me

Sounds like a nice project Mark, if you were closer I would give you a hand
Old 10-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Chapter President

I'd volunteer Mark, but I have been doing some construction during the days as filler between the welding.....which is about to launch and put me behind on the welding!! Got 1 job approved and two others in the shawn design phase, 1 is bigger than the first and the third is huge.....probably won't have freetime until March the way its going. Just what I need to keep from going back to work for "the Man". If I can get away at all I'd be glad to help, just call if you need to....but don't be disappointed if I can't get away. Actually working sunday through fridays.

Good luck with it though! Sounds like a cool project!