Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Rules Question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rules Question.

I posted a topic this morning where I told of a conversation concerning a guy with a truck for sale. The thread was closed with a note to use the classified adds. Can we really not even talk about someones truck for sale, I am at a loss to understand this. I'ts not my truck, I just wanted some input on the value etc... Am I missing something?

Tengu
Old 04-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The forums are not a "flea market" for advertising peoples vehicles for sale. We supply the classified section so that you have a place to put notices about vehicles and parts for sale.

Forums like DTR survive on the revenue gained from advertising dollars. Allowing someone to advertise any product here for free, would not be fair to those fine people who spend their hard earned dollars to help support this site.

Not to mention the mess we would have from people not removing posts after something is sold. We try to keep the forums clean and easy to navigate, so that people can find the information they are looking for.

I hope this answers your question.