Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/)
-   -   New posts not receiving Admin approval? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/new-posts-not-receiving-admin-approval-329603/)

Werner1111 01-08-2018 07:15 PM

Over the past month, I've tried to create new posts about what I've been learning/doing as I work on my 1st Gen. I'm new here and understand that there is an admin approval process. I've only had a 25% success rate at my posts being getting approved (1 in 4) - two were repeats of the initial attempt. One was about the Getrag reverse light switch and the other about putting a dodge van step bumper on a 1st gen truck.

I don't participate in too many other forum sites, so I'm not that familiar with Admin approval. Is there something I could be doing differently to get my posts approved?

Thanks!

Werner1111 01-08-2018 07:16 PM

Of course, this one posted immediately. Go figure!

Mexstan 01-09-2018 06:17 AM

I have made many posts over the years and not one of them have required any sort of admin approval. Are you sure that you are clicking on the 'submit' button each time? Did your screen change after you did that?

Lary Ellis (Top) 01-09-2018 08:12 AM

Every now and then I see them come up as needing approval, no clue why but I have been away for 3 weeks so perhaps none of the other Admins noticed them in my absence.

NJTman 01-09-2018 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Werner1111 (Post 3341781)
Of course, this one posted immediately. Go figure!

Well,

You could post a hundred posts with pictures of your 1st Gen from here to the end of the day, and we'd get to see 25 of them.

Sounds pretty good to me !

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Werner1111 01-09-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3341799)
I have made many posts over the years and not one of them have required any sort of admin approval. Are you sure that you are clicking on the 'submit' button each time? Did your screen change after you did that?

Yes, it does say that it will be posted pending Admin approval. I'm hosting images via a Google account, like others would do with Photobucket and others, if that makes any difference.

John_P 01-12-2018 05:23 PM

I was here during Lary Ellis' (Top) absence as well as some other Admins and personally I have not seen anything under your USER NAME for approval??
I would check to make sure your computer software and browser settings are all working correctly.

-----------
John_P (ADMIN)

Werner1111 01-12-2018 05:41 PM

Thanks John. I'll give it a whirl right now and see how it goes. I have been known to make errors before!

Werner1111 01-12-2018 05:46 PM

Actually, before I do, is it OK with the Admins here if I post similar things at this site and CumminsForum? I really enjoy both and go back and forth between the two.