Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/)
-   -   New Infraction System (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/new-infraction-system-116104/)

AlpineRAM 09-13-2006 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by elandon1201 (Post 1126659)
Dude are you kidding???? They need us here to sell to advertisement to vendors, go ahead and ban everyone, see how many vendors want to advertise on this site that has no one on it. Good Lord I am here to help you make money just as much as you are here to keep me in touch with other owners for info, therefore I am a customer and I refuse to kiss anyones rearend here. I am not that involved with this site, but for someone to talk to me as a prisoner or child when they sell advertising space by using my membership as a selling point is insane. DUN BAN ME MASSA I BE GOOD I BE GOOD

I don't think I'm kissing ***- (You'd be the first person to insinuate this if this was the meaining intended)
It's true there's some economy involved in running a site like this- and a lot of work.
I became a member 11.09.2001 after having lurked in the shadows for a while.
What keeps me here is the quality of information and the fact that I don't have to sift through tons of posts by monkeys slinging poo at each other and megatons of advertisements from vendors.
Now the methods of keeping the site in a way I do like have been declared more precisely than before- but the rules haven't been changed substantially.
On your argument that "they" should ban everyone and see what happens to advertising income- I think that vendors do like to advertise on platforms where they have a great chance to be contacted- and not on sites where everyone is so fed up with all the advertising that any ads are futile.
If you don't agree with the policies of this site you don't need to use it. Nobody is stopping you from starting your own forum or community.

AlpineRAM

Lary Ellis (Top) 09-13-2006 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by AlpineRAM (Post 1126768)
I don't think I'm kissing ***- (You'd be the first person to insinuate this if this was the meaining intended)

Nobody with an IQ higher than a fence post would ever accuse AlpineRam of kissing hind end around here. :rolleyes: We have had disagreements with AlpineRam in the past, but he ALWAYS makes his point in a respectful manner toward the other members and that makes his opinion welcome around here, even if it differs from our own.

What keeps me here is the quality of information and the fact that I don't have to sift through tons of posts by monkeys slinging poo at each other and megatons of advertisements from vendors.

This is precisely why we do things the way we do around here. I have removed paying vendors from here because they choose to either fight with other vendors on the site over who has the best product, or they tried to turn every post into a sales pitch so they could make a buck.

I will NEVER sell out our members for an advertising dollar, I would rather lose money than to allow this site to become a free for all for unscrupulous vendors who try to fill they're wallets while standing on the shoulders of our fine members.

They of course post elsewhere that they didnt nothing wrong and that they were treated unjustly, but you can bet your last dollar that I don't give money away with out good cause. They were banned simply because they could not control they're actions and conform to the site rules.

Now the methods of keeping the site in a way I do like have been declared more precisely than before- but the rules haven't been changed substantially.

Again Marcus is dead on correct on this subject, the rules have not changed, just the way we keep track of those who wantingly violate the rules. As stated before, if you act like an adult and post in a respectful manner toward other members, none of this even effects you.

On your argument that "they" should ban everyone and see what happens to advertising income- I think that vendors do like to advertise on platforms where they have a great chance to be contacted- and not on sites where everyone is so fed up with all the advertising that any ads are futile.

Marcus is spot on again, we want vendors to feel comfortable here and get the maximum value out of they're advertising dollars without all the "cat fights" between vendors you see on other sites.

I do NOT solicit advertising dollars from vendors, I could make a lot more money if I did but at what cost? I want vendors that advertise here because they care about what they do and can leave the childish games away from this site. My philosophy is that vendors don't need to bicker with one another, they need to let the quality of they're product speak for them.

If you don't agree with the policies of this site you don't need to use it. Nobody is stopping you from starting your own forum or community. AlpineRAM

Again words of wisdom from a much valued member of Dieseltruckresource.com. :)

Mcmopar 09-13-2006 11:50 AM

Jack, Lary, & the other admins.

--Don't change a thing-this site is the best!! I have read on some other forums, and the bickering all day long is tiresome at best. If this is interpreted by some others as "kissing___" oh well, you guys have a great handle on a great place!!

signature600 09-13-2006 11:57 AM

What he said! I get really irritated at another forum I'm starting to frequent, just for all the vendor crap, as well as people whining about being banned from DTR. Chances are, they deserved it;)

Chris

Lary Ellis (Top) 09-13-2006 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by signature600 (Post 1126863)
What he said! I get really irritated at another forum I'm starting to frequent, just for all the vendor crap, as well as people whining about being banned from DTR. Chances are, they deserved it;)

Chris

We don't want to have to ban anyone, you can rest assured they got banned because they went out of their way to earn it ;)

Oh sure they all have big stories as to how unjustly they were treated, but that is just a cover for them not being adult enough to take responsibility for they're own actions.

Which is of course exactly what lead to them getting banned in the first place. :rolleyes:

yamroamer 09-13-2006 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by AlpineRAM (Post 1126537)
Well, personally I am glad that I am given the privilege of using this site. I do not think of being a member here as a right but as a privilege. This privilege can be revoked on the sole discretion of the giving part (DTR) - so I do have to accept the rules the DTR uses as a base necessity to dispense the privilege.

AlpineRAM

Hello Alpine
Yes I agree 100%.
If I had used a bit of forethought and eloquence in my first posting,it would have read as a question on the possibilties of receiving penalty points on the misunderstanding or otherwise of the written word.I have to admit it was a clumsy posting.[duhhh] It was the word infraction that attracted me to the post,its a word not often used over here.
Yes this site is a wealth of information.infact the other day I spent two hours and three cups of coffee looking at threads on rear spring spacer blocks.
Finally if anybody in admin took umbrage to my original post please accept my apologies.
You`ll not see me again in this post honest[coffee]

jrs_dodge_diesel 09-14-2006 02:55 PM

I put this on the first page, but I thought I would put this here to so everyone sees it:

You have the ability as a Registered User here at DTR to have an avatar. An avatar is a small image that appears next to your name in a post. You can choose to use or not use an avatar in the User CP (Control Panel). If you choose to use an avatar you may choose any from the avatar library we have here at DTR or you may upload your own.

If you choose to upload your own avatar there are some rules you will have to follow. First is image size, the avatar is limited to 65 X 65 pixels. The second is file size, the maximum file size for an avatar is 19.5 KB (kilobytes). GIF and JPEG (or JPG) files are acceptable. The third and most important rule is that there are NO INAPROPRIATE AVATARS ARE ALLOWED! This includes, sexual, insulting, deregatory, or anything otherwise in poor taste. If you think an avatar image may be questionable DO NOT POST IT!. Contact an Administrator or Moderator first for avatar approval.

BigBlue 09-14-2006 03:23 PM

hotdram insulted me. Somebody dock him points. My feeling is hurt. [laugh]

Mcmopar 09-14-2006 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue (Post 1128515)
hotdram insulted me. Somebody dock him points. My feeling is hurt. [laugh]

Your one feeling??[laugh] [laugh]

CTD NUT 09-14-2006 03:46 PM

So, after all that, is there a way to view our own infraction points?

CSAGrey1 09-14-2006 04:00 PM

Did I miss the part where we were told how or if we could check our own status?
I haven't been around long; but long enough to realize it isn't a democracy and that sometimes the perception by a mod or admin may be differnt than your own. I got dinged for a pic post in the Dodge Dogs thread that I didn't personally find any more outlandish than many of the other pics posted on here and soon came to find that arguing until I was blue in the face was going to get me no where fast. Heck I probably could have been dinged multiple times under the new system. Once for the pic, once for flamming Ford, and once for arguing. Oh well you live you learn.

satburn 09-14-2006 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel (Post 1128477)
IThe third and most important rule is that there are NO INAPROPRIATE AVATARS ARE ALLOWED! This includes, sexual, insulting, deregatory, or anything otherwise in poor taste. If you think an avatar image may be questionable DO NOT POST IT!. Contact an Administrator or Moderator first for avatar approval.

I've got this animated gif of a busty cartoon girl wearing a ram logo on her tank top and bouncing. Is that so wrong? She's expressing her loyalty to the brand and I'd like to share it...

wannadiesel 09-14-2006 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by satburn (Post 1128561)
I've got this animated gif of a busty cartoon girl wearing a ram logo on her tank top and bouncing. Is that so wrong? She's expressing her loyalty to the brand and I'd like to share it...

We've deleted more of those than we can count. [nonono]

wannadiesel 09-14-2006 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by CSAGrey1 (Post 1128557)
Did I miss the part where we were told how or if we could check our own status?

If you receive an infraction, you will know about it. The infraction system automatically notifies the user via the PM system.

DeweyND 09-14-2006 05:24 PM

Checking infractions

For those of you wondering how to "check" your own infractions.....[redface] find one of your own post's, and look at your profile. It will show up there, with some of the following info...

Date it happened, point count (or, just a warning) date warning expires, why it is an infraction.

Oh, by the way, "$" isn't a very good replacement for "s", [nonono] [duhhh] is it Wannadiesel? [redface] [redface]

Have a nice day [coffee]

Dewey