Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Does DC read this web site

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does DC read this web site

Does anyone know if Daimler Chrysler - Dodge Truck Division, reads this web site.

I am sure once they have filtered through the forums they could gain some significant insight into the problems their customers are having with "their" products.

It sure would be nice if someone from DC could put some light on some of the issues. Sure could help customer relations.

I know the Computer Manufactures monitor "their" related web forums and have the "intestinal fortatude" to post replies and suggestions.

Just a thought.
Cheers frank
Old 06-13-2004, 10:55 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I have been told by folks that I know at DC and Cummins that they in fact do read this website. You'll never see them post here, but I imagine they check it once in a while looking for technical issues and stuff that may be a potential problem down the road.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:05 AM

I have seen post from Cummins technical folks on other web sites.

Possibly, by way of these questions that DC would identify themslves - we could keep the barbs etc out of the discussions. After all, we all have significant investment into their products and "we" really want to see improvements and quick access to understand some of our issues.

The customer support line, in Canada at least, is a joke. And, the techs in the dealerships really cannot talk to us because they are busy trying to get through their work and keep their "bosses" happy.

I have learned a tremendous amount since I joines this forum. Now I am looking for ways to prolong the life of my investment while enjoying my travels and conversing with knowledgible deisel folks.

Keep up the GREAT work Jack. Thank you.

Cheers frank
Old 07-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Banned

Heres proof they are out their !!!!--------"You can't just believe or accept as true everything you read in DTR and think it is going to happen to you. Yes, there have been failures of the lift pumps and VP44 injection pumps. The numbers are not nearly as great as what you are lead to believe." for more from the powermaster@cummins go to https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=44525
Old 07-09-2004, 09:18 PM

The Fleet sales manager where I bought my truck is the one who put me on to the DTR web site. He explained the basics of how it worked and how good it was. He was right , Iwould be lost with out it!! I don't know what his alias is but I know from talking to him in the past that he spends a fair amout of time on the site.

Mike
Old 07-17-2004, 08:41 PM

Well... He actually said you can't just believe or accept as true everything you read in TDR (not DTR). I agree. Folks here seem to have their feet planted more firmly on the ground.
Perhaps when we write to Cummins, we should enlighten them.