Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Whos running a Mad ECM (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/whos-running-mad-ecm-62095/)

ratsun 02-24-2005 10:43 PM

Whos running a Mad ECM

I would like to hear feedback from anyone who is actually running one.
I would like to hear honest opinions from people with first hand experience.
PM me if you like. I want to hear both good and bad (if any)

Thanx

smittybuilt 02-25-2005 06:59 AM

all i can say is i would hate to have to give it back!;)

getblown5.9 02-25-2005 08:31 AM

after the clutch that is going to be my next step...I want to try to make as much power as possible without a "fueling box"

that is why I made a thread last week about "boxless power"

with my current mods I am gonna do a Mad ECM, and dodgezilla (or similar hybrid) and see if I can break the 400hp mark with no fueling box...its gonna be real close

24valvepuller 02-25-2005 01:02 PM

Anybody with a big single or twins notice much difference in spool-up or being able to stay on top of them better

Marco 02-25-2005 02:32 PM

Whos running a Mad ECM?

Me.:p

Marco

Wilson 02-25-2005 02:55 PM

I am curious to see what the results of the injectors Don is developing, specifically for ETH and Marco's Ecm, will be. I think I will be the first one in line to get that set up as it sounds just right for me living in a higher elevation and using my truck the way I do.

Dl5treez 02-26-2005 03:22 AM

I have one of the first CaTCHER ecm's

To say it works great would be an understatement. Would have to bill it the #1 upgrade I've made to the truck so far.

:cool:

Dl5treez 02-26-2005 03:30 AM

Originally posted by getblown5.9
with my current mods I am gonna do a Mad ECM, and dodgezilla (or similar hybrid) and see if I can break the 400hp mark with no fueling box...its gonna be real close
It can be done. :cool:

joefarmer 02-26-2005 09:10 PM

Originally posted by getblown5.9
Without any boxes or ECMs my baseline is 415 to the rear wheels with Mach 6's. You shouldn't have much trouble hitting that.

brandon.

RowJ 03-18-2005 09:35 AM

Re: Whos running a Mad ECM

Originally posted by ratsun
I would like to hear feedback from anyone who is actually running one.
I would like to hear honest opinions from people with first hand experience.
PM me if you like. I want to hear both good and bad (if any)

Thanx

Just installed a MAD ECM last week. Pulled out driveway...end of street onto hwy...said to myself, "what's up? No new learning curve on peddle control...no different than before with EZ/PM3 stacked"!

Than I realized I had turned my PM3 off, as a precaution for the restart, and had not turned it back on! And I was use to driving with PM3 on #9.

What I'm saying is MAD ECM and no box feels IDENTICAL to EZ stacked on PM3, on #9. Of course this is with 1/3 throttle or less...around town or at cruise on the highway, with the PM3 fueling only partially. Since the MAD ECM adds no fuel, it is different at heavier throttle settings but responsiveness for normal driving is extremely impressive!

With the TST PM3 turned on...it's downright scary, so far. I now drive around town with my box on 0.
RJ

PS - ratsun - With your FASS, and no fuel filter canister in the way, it's a 30 min install, max.

OlBlue 03-18-2005 10:42 AM

The CaTCHer spools turbo's much much better than stock ECM and boxes.

The CaTCHer with stock injectors and no box will spool a PDRHX40-16 very well. The PDR40 it lit to 10psi by 1500rpm, and is ready build boost at anything above 1100rpm. EGTs on the highway typically ran about 800 deg. Too much turbo (large exh housing).

The CaTCHer with stock injectors and no box will spool a 35/40 hybrid with ported 12cm housing when the engine starts! [laugh] OK, that's a little bit of an exaggeration; however, there really is no lag. Putting around town at 25mph (3.54 gears and 315 tires), the engine is typicall just above 1000rpm....the boost gauge is typically at 4 or 5 psi and the needle follows the throttle, no waiting. Highway temps were around 650 deg.

I would recommend not going to a larger turbo with no other BOMBS except the CaTCHer. Just enjoy the throttle response of a gasser from your torque monster diesel! An improved intake and exhaust system are a must.

seabee 03-18-2005 02:05 PM

how well does the mad ecm spool up a small set of twins IE 35/3b combo cause this is what im looking at running along with a set of 155 hp injectors as soon as the tranny is done .