Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   truck wont start after comp install (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/truck-wont-start-after-comp-install-122356/)

natlchamp2k4 11-01-2006 07:00 PM

truck wont start after comp install

just put my comp in, its got power and the truck wont start. I used the remote wire from my cd player to get power to the box.

Any thoughts, what do people usually do wrong? Even if the wire isnt tapped good it should still start right.

thanks,
Jamie

BigBlue 11-01-2006 07:03 PM

I'd try and retap the wire (although it shouldn't matter but you never know), move the remote wire to a different source (I like the radio fuse in the fuse block), move the ground, and check and recheck all of your connections. Also check to see if you accidentally bumped something while you were running wires and what not.

natlchamp2k4 11-01-2006 07:09 PM

Aight, I forgot to mention that right before i put the comp in, i was running a smarty from caleb c. and just went back to stock sw. I didnt start the truck after I removed sw 9. everything went fine I thought, the smarty didnt do anything wierd.

BigBlue 11-01-2006 07:10 PM

Might wanna get the smarty back and see what it says. It might not have finished programming or something.

natlchamp2k4 11-01-2006 07:19 PM

Yeah im gonna reload sw 8 and see what happens, if it runs, i may re laod the stock sw again.

My stock clutch really doesnt need the smarty drag comp stack.[guitar]

BigBlue 11-01-2006 07:28 PM

You should try the combo in my sig on a stock auto. [whistle]

natlchamp2k4 11-01-2006 07:35 PM

BB I give you my deepest regrets............................The idiot in me came out, its actually relieving cause its nothing major. No matter what I try or what smarty sw is programmed, if that harness that goes into the back of the IP isnt plugged in, that truck will not start....................but when you plug it back in it will start[dummy] [dummy] [dummy]

Sorry to waste your time Blue.

Thanks,
Jamie

The official website idiot

BigBlue 11-01-2006 07:37 PM

It's cool. We've all made mistakes. Like forgetting to tighten the fuel lines on the injection pump after swapping injectors and sitting there cranking for 20 mins before someone pointed out what you had done. [whistle] [duhhh]

caleb c. 11-01-2006 09:08 PM

Jamie, I totally forgot we had an athletic banquet deal tonight, sorry I didnt make it. Plug that smarty back in and see what she does!:cool:

natlchamp2k4 11-01-2006 11:51 PM

dude, caleb I finally got er all put back together and let me tell you, I was impressed. I can slip it in 4th and 5th with the box on kill. If I turn it down to level 4 I can stay in it, EGT's arent too bad as long as im not in it for 30-45 sec.

Overall very impressed, and yes, that box makes real smooth power. And no smarty right now.

Jamie

Ph4tty 11-02-2006 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by natlchamp2k4 (Post 1191673)
The official website idiot

Don't throw that around so loosely now.
[duhhh]It took me six months to connect three wires- beat that [roll] [duhhh]

DodgeCowboy 11-02-2006 12:18 AM

i lost one of the sealing washers on the inlet side of the lift pump while putting the new lift pump in and did not notice tell i started getting hard starts and then it would not run as i limped in to the shop i noticed the washer on the ground [duhhh] put it on and tada new truck [coffee]