Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Started gauge install today

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Started gauge install today

I received my Isspro EV Pyro, Fuel, and Boost gauge package yesterday, so I started the install this afternoon. I think I've got the hardest part over. I started from the engine compartment and pulled everything through to the pillar and made the harnesses and terminated everything. I just got it all buttoned up. I really had to do a lot of trimming on the stock pillar to get everything threaded through and attached. The speaker tweeter seemed to cause fitment problems. One thing I'm a little dissapointed over, is the way the gauges just slip into the pod. Seems like there should be something to hold them in. I can tell they will probably always want to work themselves out a little, especially the fuel, since it's got the hose behind it. Anybody have this problem? They do look good, and the green bulb covers make the lighting match perfectly. I'll terminate everything under the hood tomorrow, which I think will go easier.

Now I'll be ready next week for the MAD CaTCHER ECM and Scotty II to arrive!

Steve
Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Steve, my ISSPro EV pyro and boost gauges both came with a small bracket that holds the gauge in position in the pod. It's rounded to fit around the gauge body then has a couple of legs that extend away from the back with holes that allow the bracket to fit over the 2 brass screws coming out of the back of the gauge and that gets held in place with a couple of brass thumb screws. If your gauges didn't have these items I'd suggest you contact the vendor you bought them from and tell them your problem. Hope that helps.

Steve
Old 06-21-2005, 03:58 PM

Hi
Just got my Isspro gauges too. Nice gauges but I was disappointed in how much I paid and that the gauges didn't even come with the wires for lighting hook up.

Brian
Old 06-21-2005, 04:04 PM

Steve10
Where did you run your hoses, etc. through the firewall? I was thinking about making a small slice in the steering column rubber boot. Any other recommendations before I break out the 44mag and start blastin holes

Thanks,
Brian
Old 06-25-2005, 11:15 AM

One thing to consider is if you ever have to change bulbs or work on the guages it's nice to be able to just pull the guage out of the pod without removing the whole thing. My guages just slide in and I have had no problem with them working out. I had the brackets to hold them in but could never get them to fit correctly so on the advice of a friend left them off. No problems for six months.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:14 PM

I just ordered my gauges and they should be here tomorrow or monday. What is the best way to route all the wires/hose through the fire wall??
Old 06-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guessing your tranny is auto (since you have a shift kit), there is a nice grommet where the clutch would go, plenty of wire and hose can fit in there.

phox