Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Stack installed! SWEET!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stack installed! SWEET!!!!

Now, I can't find anyone local to mess with the 4 and 5 inch plumbing underneath! Guess I may have to tackle it myself. The stack looks great, it is just kind of silly that my smoke still comes out the factory pipe! Not for long!!!!

More pics at:

http://possumspeckerband.i8.com/slid...jpg&show=Stack
Old 08-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Banned

About time that thing came in the mail!!! If I were down in your area I'd help you get that sucker all hooked up and blowin smoke!!

~Nick
Old 08-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Banned

And just so you know, 5 inch stainless flex DON'T BEND FOR !!! I thought I could put 24 inches of it on and line everything up, ya right. I'm going to Oklahoma Truck Supply at Tonkawa after work to drag all their parts out in the parking lot and see how many of them it takes to get the smoke from the front of the truck to the back and up the chimney!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks awesome Making a 90 out of flex takes like, 6 feet, haha!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:04 PM

Hey Dually if you need some cheap exhaust parts, theres a small shop in my hometown that I can pick up some really cheap stuff...I got a 4" 90 degree for my tire dump exhaust for about 20 bucks..thats about 30 dollars cheaper than anything else I could find...
That stack is gonna look good once you get it done! There's a new dually in town with two of them about like yours..he gave me a smoke show yesterday
Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 PM

Racing the handicrapped?? Nice sticker

Old 08-23-2006, 04:35 PM

i love it. i am getting rid of my camper shell. then i am going to put a single stack in. then i can fit my spare tire back into place because the 5" exhaust won't be in the way anymore. i am still going to run a muffler with my stack that. had dual stacks before and no muffler and it was too loud. i planned on putting mine in the corner like yours and running the flepipe down and to the existing muffler/exhaust, but you said it doesn't bend? by the way, the bullhauler looks killer on that dually!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:28 PM

Looks good! I like a single stack.

Eric
Old 08-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Banned

New Pics!!!

Here are two new pics of the stack.

I finally got it plumbed up last night and man-o-MAN does it sound good! It doesn't really sound much louder than my stock straight pipe when cruising at highway speeds or slow around town...but....when you hit the GO PEDAL....HOLY BATMAN! It sounds like a 379 Pete coming at you! I'll be smiling all freakin' day!!!!! I went up to Oklahoma Truck Supply at Tonkawa last night and bought the missing pieces and did all the install myself. It took me about two hours, please include 30 minutes to get the down pipe bolts back on the turbo turnout mantifold. I could do it faster now, but if those bolts were 1/2 longer it sure would be easier!!!

System consist of a 4 inch down-pipe (thanks Blackdiesel), 4" to 5" adapter, 40 inches of 5" stainless flex, 5" short 90, 5" short 90, 5" x 48" bull horn. It is 5" all the way from the down-pipe. I figured if I was going at all, I was going BIG! And no, this is not the classical "short man syndrome, Gotlift"! I'll post pics of the under neath when I get a chance to show you how it was done, just in case somebody else would like to know how I did it.

O, it finally rained last night....PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks good! -but even better where did you get that sticker ?? i'd need one with alot more cyclist crossed off
Old 08-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DieselDude
looks good! -but even better where did you get that sticker ?? i'd need one with alot more cyclist crossed off
I got it from http://www.fastdecals.com/ I have had almost as many comments on that sticker than anything else. I love it! And 10-4 on the cyclists....GET OF THE ROAD! We didn't pave them for you to ride 7 miles per hour in the middle of the lane. (I'm sure I'll get comments about that, but just so you know, you bicycle boys, I'M NOT LISTENING!!!)
Old 08-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
System consist of a 4 inch down-pipe (thanks Blackdiesel), 4" to 5" adapter, 40 inches of 5" stainless flex, 5" short 90, 5" short 90, 5" x 48" bull horn. It is 5" all the way from the down-pipe. I figured if I was going at all, I was going BIG! And no, this is not the classical "short man syndrome, Gotlift"!

I was gonna say that's a whole lotta "big" and "inches" in the same sentence!!! I love it when people say I must have short man syndrome because of my truck.......they obviously have never seen me!!! 6'4 and 230 pounds..not exactly small...........I just like BIG TRUCKS!!! LOL

~Nick
Old 08-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
I was gonna say that's a whole lotta "big" and "inches" in the same sentence!!! I love it when people say I must have short man syndrome because of my truck.......they obviously have never seen me!!! 6'4 and 230 pounds..not exactly small...........I just like BIG TRUCKS!!! LOL
~Nick
It sounds even BIGGER if you say you have 127MM exhaust!!!! But, I don't need a big exhaust to blow a lot of hot air, that's for sure.

And yes, Ph4tty, I do race the handicapped. I race Ferds and Chevys all the time. And you might want to spell check "hadnicapped"!
Old 08-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Chapter President

Single Stacks Rule!!!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
And yes, Ph4tty, I do race the handicapped. I race Ferds and Chevys all the time. And you might want to spell check "hadnicapped"!
I could go back and edit my post, but I'm going to let it ride. Waht's wrnog wtih my spellnig?

Quick Reply: Stack installed! SWEET!!!!