Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

South Bend and Texas Diesel Works

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 09:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
South Bend and Texas Diesel Works

One word for them both: GREAT! <br><br>After reading all the good feedback about South Bend, there was no doubt which clutch was going in my truck whenever my stock starting giving up. Well, the stocker was on it's way out, so I got my South Bend Con OFE clutch installed this past week. And after towing my 5th wheel back from the Hill Country this weekend, I'm all ;D . Thanks to Peter for answering my questions and helping me pick the right clutch. The pedal pressure on this clutch is better than stock, very smooth. It's a little grabbier and takes some getting used to, but once it grabs it holds on tight. <br><br>Many thanks to Mark and Jim over at Texas Diesel Works for their work on the install. I dropped the truck off Wednesday night and picked it up Thursday night. I made it over to the shop Thursday night in time to catch the last steps of the install and spent a little time talking with the guys. I realized that it may be dangerous to hang out over there too long....way too many ideas for more go fast goodies that should be added to the truck. <br><br>Also, Mark is now a distributor for South Bend, so if any of you guys in North Texas are looking for a clutch...don't hesitate to give Mark a call. <br><br>So now that I have a clutch that will hold the power, I guess it's time to start deciding what goes on next.