Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Is this really necissary?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this really necissary?

I read about the ATS triple charger system, couldn't see the pics but got the info. Well I just came across this Woodruff Diesel "Three charger two stage street triple chargers". OK, now I could maybe see for a very high hp/rpm drag racer or sledpuller but these are advertised as "street". Now I'm not going to go buy these or anything, but it just made me think "what were thinking?". Street triple chargers.....????
Old 11-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Banned

It was an idea that never materialized. I'm not sure they ever even worked right, much less well...
Old 11-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Banned

"A couple of years ago we put a s-300 turbocharger on Jeff's truck but he had an eye on our twin turbo setups for quite some time. Around Christmas 2005 Jeff came over and asked us if we thought we could fit three under hood. We took on the job and hung three under the hood. The set up is a three charger two stage set up. Much like what's used on Jeff and Jerry's superstock pulling tractor. From the beginning Jeff wanted to keep it streetable, he uses this as a work truck every day. The turbos consist of two HX-35's and one S-300. The S-300 is on the bottom and the two HX-35's make up the top stage. Jeff got what he wanted cooler exhaust temps, more boost and a lot more power. Although we can't talk Jeff into letting us turn the pump loose, it still is quite a ride. Fueling the turbos is a #5 fuel plate and 370 injectors. No spring kit no delivery valves. It begins to spools up at 1400 RPM and Jeff shifts below 2000 RPM works great for his application. The power is put to the ground with a Mitchell double disc clutch and input shaft. Jeff still has his two batteries and air conditioning. Jeff works the truck everyday pulling his livestock trailer that weighs 13,000 pounds loaded. So if you see a gray Dodge pulling a livestock trailer with a unique whistle its not a jet it's just Jeff." That is the quote from Woodruff's website. From the look the exhaust is run through the two 35's equally then down thru the 300. It also apprears the intake runs to the two 35's then down thru the 300 then to the intercooler. 1400-2000 rpm......wierd but interesting.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Banned

Well some how I missed Woodruff Diesel in your post. I was talking about the ATS tripples that I have seen the pics of and told that they were abandoned... So I will have to chance my reply to-
Originally Posted by displacedtexan
I don't really know