Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Rancho RS9000 Knobs Stuck - Called Rancho Tech

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho RS9000 ***** Stuck - Called Rancho Tech

I called Rancho Tech on this issue, mine are 4 years old and are hard to turn plus you can't move them past setting 3. (5 setting shock)

The tech said to remove the two allen head screws and assembly, spray silicone in there and reassemble. If the **** doesn't turn its a shock problem they will replace the entire shock under warranty.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:41 AM

Had the same problem due to corrosion from salt, de-icer, etc. I called my Rancho dealer, they order new ones, they called me the next day, I exchanged them at no cost. Very EZ.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The ***** are not the problem......it is the valve behind the **** that the **** pushes on the seizes. The assembly does not seal very well and lets moisture in. The first thing I do with 9000's before I install them is turn the ***** to setting 1, remove the ****, fill it up with silicone, apply a small amount of grease to the **** and re-install the ****. I have never had moisture issues after doing this. In the case of a seized valve, remove the **** and use a hammer and a punch to break the valve free....using some penetrating oil helps to work the valve free again.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jlipskoc
CTD, Thanks for the tip on the silicone to keep moisture out, i wish i knew that when i installed them years ago.

- Your also saying to loosen a siezed valve, the allen head assembly does not need to be removed correct?

Don't waste your time, just get new ones. Lifetime warrenty!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jlipskoc
CTD, Thanks for the tip on the silicone to keep moisture out, i wish i knew that when i installed them years ago.

I'm guessing the rears are gonna be easy to fix.

- On the fronts, I don't see an easy way to get to the *****, guess the whole shock has to come out?

- On removing the ****, just pull outward with some pliers?

- Your also saying to loosen a siezed valve, the allen head assembly does not need to be removed correct?
1) Yes, you will have to remove the front shocks to do this.

2) You must remove the allen head screws and then the **** assembly comes out.

3) The **** assembly that is held on by the screws DOES have to be removed to access the valve.

Failing all that, do what Behrman said, the Rancho warranty coverage is excellent.