Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

quick help please...3K gsk kit installing right now...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick help please...3K gsk kit installing right now...

First 3K GSK install here...working on my buds 98 12 valve...

...everything i've read everywhere says there are 3 springs. The kit has come with two springs which are the 2nd and 3rd sized springs from the outside...whats the deal with the 4th little spring...it's just big enough to fit around the 'stud in the center. This one stay in or does it come out...the instructions I have from South Bend don't mention anything about this spring and the pics the have don't show it. He's gotta drive this thing home (out of my shop!) tonight. What's the word? Thanks fellas,
Will
Old 04-26-2006, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wcialrlter
First 3K GSK install here...working on my buds 98 12 valve...

...everything i've read everywhere says there are 3 springs. The kit has come with two springs which are the 2nd and 3rd sized springs from the outside...whats the deal with the 4th little spring...it's just big enough to fit around the 'stud in the center. This one stay in or does it come out...the instructions I have from South Bend don't mention anything about this spring and the pics the have don't show it. He's gotta drive this thing home (out of my shop!) tonight. What's the word? Thanks fellas,
Will

The large one in center is the large idle control spring

Make sure that you put that one back in... you have to remove every other spring that is in the pump as well as the shims, The governer spring kit you got, well mine came with three springs i think, but mine was a 4K rpm kit you leave the huge idle spring in, take out the stock springs and the shims, each side has about two or three little shims in it, depends on truck you have, and just replace them with the ones in the kit... U see the pattern, just stick to is as best you can...

Good luck

Rick
Old 04-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, the biggest spring stays in, everything else(springs and shims) comes out, and in go the new springs...