Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quadzilla XZT+ Beta Testers - Look Inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
Actually, he did send you one. It is out for delivery right now or at least that is what UPS says when you track it.
OUTSTANDING. Thanks Quad. I really don't like being a pain. It's just that its been 3 weeks and that just seems like an awful long time. Especially considering that these are beta testing boxes, not production units.

Thanks again.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If something like that every happens again, just call and bug the dog out of Roark or whoever you are dealing with.

It does get really confusing matching forum names and customer names together and sometimes we confuse ourselves. I think we all thought we kept taking care of you and it was someone else???

By all means call the toll free number especially if we are acting dumb!
Old 07-14-2007, 06:34 PM

Thumbs up

Did a load test today. 14' 2 horse bumper pull (3500#) plus mare and weanling (approx 1200-1300#). 20 odd miles each way to the vet (blood draw for Coggins for Mo Futurity next month).

Heading down ran timing only. Noticeably better power for acceleration. Smooth, no surging, and no smoke. Not even when shifting. [when driving without a load I tend to shift between 2k and 2200, towing I let it rev to 2500 so that the next gear tends to start around 1500]

Heading home ran timing and fuel. The added fuel down low is very noticable in my stock configuration. (this is a mild program?) Pulls much harder. Again, smooth and no surging (didn't expecting any). A little smoke below 1700-1800rpm and clears past that. I acually for the first time had to back off from mid throttle accel (weanlings first highway trip and didn't want too toss her around). There are a couple of places on this route that I've bogged down a little when towing in the past, with this setting I wasn't even aware of the grade change.

Needless to say I'm favorably impressed with this box.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Quad,

How will this box compare with my Diablosport Powerpuck on my 01 auto, 3.55's, 4" MBRP, AFE Stage 2, especially when towing my 15000 lb toyhauler?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:25 AM

Well, it should make more power overall. I think they only claim about 50hp??

Most are saying that the XZT+ on L1 is similar to an EZ and that the L2 is a bit stronger with a broader curve.

Now, we have several different tuning files to choose from. We have really aggressive and then we have some that are smoother and refined. It just depends on what you want.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 AM

For all the guys on here with the XZT+ I am suprised that only 3 of you have wanted to try the aggressive update!!!!

If anyone wants it let me know. It is pretty simple and fast to load it up. If you don't like it then you can go right back the original programming or another file.

So far everyone loves the bottom end although we have a little work on making feel super smooth. It is maybe a little too aggressive.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For all the guys on here with the XZT+ I am suprised that only 3 of you have wanted to try the aggressive update!!!!

If anyone wants it let me know. It is pretty simple and fast to load it up. If you don't like it then you can go right back the original programming or another file.

So far everyone loves the bottom end although we have a little work on making feel super smooth. It is maybe a little too aggressive.
It's funny you mentioned this. I was driving to work this morning, thinking it needs more roll-on power. I would love to try the more aggressive update.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM

I want to try it, but I'm in no hurry. I won't get my truck back from the dealer until the end of the week.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Is there any dyno #'s to compare this box with others, I would imagine you would have compared them by now?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:52 PM

I have compared them but, my dyno numbers are not worth a hill of beans.

Also this is on the 65hp box, not the big box you are waiting on.

WE make a little more peak power than an EZ but, it is not much. The biggest difference is in how soon we make the power and the troque curve.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 PM

Is this box ready to ship out for production? I saw it listed at extreme diesel performance. Has the surging been taken care of?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:10 PM

Not shipping in production yet.

Some places will take pre-orders but, it is not even on the charts until 8-1.

The surging has been solved. What we are working on is maximum bottom end performance without any surging. We are not there yet but, we will be there.

The "production" flash has no surging at all. Once you get a module you can download a bunch of different tuning files. Some may surge in your application and some will not. Some have tons of bottom end and smoke and others have none. Most have timing, some do not.

USB is sort of handy for this sort of thing.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:17 AM

Quad,

I should be finishing my first mileage test running timing/fueling today. The only driveability issue I'm running into is extremely mild surge when cruising at 2000rpm on straight and level ground. It's almost un-noticable but there. Doesn't happen during accel at all.

This is with the unit flashed as delivered (mild program).

I'm going to send Jeremy a more complete summary tonight.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:03 AM

Send it to me. Jeremy is on his honeymoon!

quad@quadzillapower.com
Old 07-17-2007, 10:53 AM

Send it to me. Jeremy is on his honeymoon!

quad@quadzillapower.com

WILCO

And pass my congratulations to Jeremy.

Quick Reply: Quadzilla XZT+ Beta Testers - Look Inside