Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

oil by pass filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oil by pass filter

What type of oil by-pass filter do you like. Anyone kinow of the Premo by-pass filter?http://www.premolube.com/index.shtml
Old 12-20-2002, 10:43 PM
HC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:oil by pass filter

I think the Premo is a good filter, but there are pros and cons to the "heated element" type filters. It draws 6.25 amps continuous load. Having electrical parts makes it more complex that other bypass filters.

If a high percentage of your driving is short trip, then something like the Premo would be good to get moisture out of the oil. If you have a reasonable amount of road mileage at full operating temperatures, then I don't think you need this extra feature.

I like the Oilguard and Amsoil single bypass filters. I'd also consider a Fleetguard, with their head, if I had ready access to someone who could make me a smaller orifice. (The standard orifice with the Fleetguard filter head is too big for our engines.)