Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need Help Finding the Best Programmer

Old 11-04-2013, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Need Help Finding the Best Programmer

Hey everyone! I purchased my 01 Cummins here about 3 months ago and I've gotten used to the truck so now I'm wanting to do some performance mods. I already have a 4" MBRP exhaust and a homemade CAI so the next thing I'm really wanting to do is the programmer.

My problem is that I don't really know what programmer will be best for me. I'm really looking into the Edge Juice w/ Attitude CS/CTS because of all the gauges and added features but it's also $1,000. I wouldn't be opposed to the Edge Comp (w/o the Drag Comp) either because it's just over half the price of the Juice w/Attitude and it yields around the same numbers.

So far, fuel and transmission wise, I'm completely stock. Factory lift pump, factory transmission and TC. I plan on adding at least a Raptor 150gph pump before added a programmer but I don't really know about the transmission stuff yet. I have plans to add a Goerend low-stall TC sometime in the future but I don't know when exactly.

I drive the truck sparingly and don't beat on the truck at all. Very seldom do I actually get on the throttle and let her go. If I got the Juice, I would obviously have the gauges and if I got the Comp, I would buy Glowshift gauges (pyro, trans temp, fuel press) so I can monitor my truck.

Which of these programmers (or any other programmers) do you think would be good for me? Again, I'm pretty light on the truck and would only turn the box up very, very seldom just for a little extra fun. I prefer to leave my transmission stock as long as possible so how do you all think it would hold up to the extra 100hp for those times that I do turn the box up?

Thank you all for the help. I've learned so much from the people on here and yearn to get even more knowledge for the future!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:54 PM

ive got about the same set-up that your talking about and i'm pretty happy with it .Tranny is still stock with 210,000 miles on it.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:24 PM

Personally, id get the gauges and good lift pump on the truck before anything else. I have had bad luck with Glo Shift gauges. I would stick with Autometer or Isspro. Edge along with Smarty make a good product, just depends on which style you prefer. Its hard to say how long your trans will last with 100hp over stock. Could last years or days. A Gorerend TQ converter, with a valve body and good maintenance will do wonders.