Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

My grin is fom ear to ear!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My grin is fom ear to ear!!!

I FINALLY installed my Goerend Bros. tranny today and holy cow!!! My truck has never felt so good! I grabbed rubber into 3rd gear, and might have got it in 4th on a turn! This thing shifts like a dream now. Thanks Tom for turning me towards G.B. it was worth it!!! My buddy's 1/2 ton stocker transmission just took a dump on him yesterday, he asked me what warranty I got. HAH! told him 100K, and lifetime on the converter. He said he gets 10K I went down to Dave's shop in Iowa on Sunday, he truly is a first class guy. He showed my brother and I exactly how a torque converter works. It is really cool. He is even going to send me up a junker to tear apart and show everyone else. Can't wait til dyno day on the 17th, he's going to show me how the rest of the tranny works. I can't wait to pull with this truck! Might get to hook onto a sled this Thursday if I have time, we'll see. Otherwise the 21st for sure.

In all honesty if you are in the market for a tranny, call Dave. He is a GREAT and HONEST person to deal with. He took good care of me, and IMO the least I can do in return is send him some more business! I'm not saying he's the best, but from my experience so far, he's one top notch fella.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:53 PM

..........10k on mine,,,never missed a beat
Old 08-10-2004, 09:17 AM

He stands behind his work as well, no questions asked. When I blew my input shaft, he sent me an input shaft, hub, front pump, and an intermediate shaft and TC "just in case".

New TC has an even lower stall than the last one

On a scale of 1 to 10, Dave's customer service is a definite 12.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:37 PM

Matt, I'm glad you finally got your tranny in. It is one HECK of an experience to go from stock to a good tranny. Mine will allow me to stop on Thompson Hill (due to an accident) with my fiver on, and within about 1/2 mile be running 60 mph again. Nobody even passed me getting going again. The tranny has to be about the most impressive mod to make. Does your "new" plate work well with the tranny? I was thinking of grinding mine some, but I kind of like the idea of not having to worry too much about the egts.
BTW, did you put gauges in yet????
Tom
Old 08-10-2004, 06:35 PM

I noticed I'm getting a lot more smoke down low now, since she can't rev so high. gotta take the star wheel back a bit. But then again, maybe I like the smoke The plate and 3K work awesome with the tranny. I have a little "test track" (so what if its just a quiet stretch of blacktop ) And there is a land mark that before the plate and GSK I hit 60 MPH, with the plate and GSK installed I hit about 68-69 with the way it is now, I hit 82! I've never seen my speedo go up so fast and my tach go down so fast when she locks up

Hey Tom, you coming down for dyno day at Dave's shop?
Old 08-10-2004, 08:25 PM

I didn't know about a dyno day at Dave's shop. Chances are I won't. That is only because his shop is too far from me for a day trip. Give me some info though....................
Old 08-11-2004, 03:00 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ain't it NICE?
I'm still all smiles with my tranny too and I agree that Dave is one heck of a great guy! I pulled the 5er just a short distance from my place down to Claremont and I could feel that the GB trans makes a bunch of difference in the way it towes now.