Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Leveling Spacers ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling Spacers ??

Plastic,Steel,Or Aluminum, is there a preferred spacer? Pro > Con on any of them? Who makes the best ones?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:38 PM

I'd stay away from aluminum.....poly or steel is a toss up. You could conceivably isolate some road vibration with the poly spacers.....
Old 11-17-2005, 07:57 PM

Go with the Poly. If you fill in your truck info , we could help more.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I went with the poly ones from Daystar. I see the stell ones out there, but at the time, I think cost was a factor.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Banned

I went with the poly ones a year ago...no problems yet. I have friends with the steel ones and they tend to crack at the flange welds where the three bolts attach it to the tower and spring pad. If, however, someone now offers a set made from a solid stock and milled down to spec to alleviate the stress problems, I would think they would be okay.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:12 PM

the idea of a hunk of plastic supporting all that weight didnt make me feel good. I went with alluminum ones from BDS. they worked great for the 2 or 3 years I had them in. I just took them out last weekend to put a bigger lift on. The only problem I see is the bolts were a little tough to get out since allum grabs things but for that and other reasons if I had to do again id get studs.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Gearhead...it looks like Captain may have some aluminum ones for sale.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:28 AM

Sorry, I guess I should have told you what truck I have. 2002 2500 quad-cab. I don`t tow anything too extreme. Just looking for the best way to level out my truck without braking the bank. I read alittle about guys having trouble with Death Wobble when they use the spacers any thoughts?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:55 AM

spacers didnt seem to make my death wobble any worse. I ended up putting on the 03 trac bar conversion, new lower drag link end (shot ball joint) and sky jacker duel steering stablizers. I had the death wobble 3 times in 2 months. After all that getup I havnt had it for 3 years. I orignally went with the 2" lift because its pretty cheap compaired to other lifts. however I eventually got bitten and wanted to run tires that are much to large and offer no practical purpose in my life.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:22 AM

I've had a pair of Steel Spacers in from JCW for over 50k and have never had a problem.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:30 PM

Just food for thought... I got a new set of springs, tailor made to my specs including spring rate and height for a bit over $200 plus shipping from CSS. Poly spacers were about $120 or so at the time. I think the extra $100 I spent was WELL worth the money.

CSS website: http://www.coilsprings.com/index.html

Steve
Old 11-19-2005, 01:02 AM

I would luv to go with new spings but Springworks quoted me $450 that would break the bank.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:57 AM

front coil springs

can some one please help me I just acquired a 1992 dodge ram 250 5.9 diesel.
and the front bottom edge fender is only a 1/4" above the tire and sagging way to low I have looked all over the net for springs or spacers and cant find anything for the year of the truck I would like to know if I can put 1 ton springs to lift it I am building a custom air ride set up for the rear end so I can set it for the right height. we have extended the frame due to it being broke in half when the customer brought it in for repairs and could he not afford it added a sleeper and built a new flat bed for it tow package hitches setting it up for pulling our shop trailers. any help would be grateful.
please send web links if you have any. thank you.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by owenaero
can some one please help me I just acquired a 1992 dodge ram 250 5.9 diesel.
and the front bottom edge fender is only a 1/4" above the tire and sagging way to low I have looked all over the net for springs or spacers and cant find anything for the year of the truck I would like to know if I can put 1 ton springs to lift it I am building a custom air ride set up for the rear end so I can set it for the right height. we have extended the frame due to it being broke in half when the customer brought it in for repairs and could he not afford it added a sleeper and built a new flat bed for it tow package hitches setting it up for pulling our shop trailers. any help would be grateful.
please send web links if you have any. thank you.
You probably would have gotton some more help had you posted this as its own thredin the proper forum. But having said that since I read it heres the help I can offer. try calling Atlas Spring at 626/333-7373. there located in CA I think. But I hear great things about there leaf springs. I understand there prices are resonable too. I have orderd parts from them but I havnt yet orderd full packs. Dosent hurt to see what they have to say anyway. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Chris
Old 11-20-2005, 01:36 AM

coil springs

thanks for the reply I will give them a call on Monday and let all know how it turns out I am still learning how to post on the site thanks for bearing with me.

Quick Reply: Leveling Spacers ??