Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

LED Replacement Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LED Replacement Bulbs

Has anyone used these? If so, what are your experiences?

http://www.jamstrait.com/products.html
Old 10-14-2005, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkubacak
Has anyone used these? If so, what are your experiences?

http://www.jamstrait.com/products.html
Which ones?? I've got them in my front turns, and cab lights. You'll need a resistor for each front bulb, but the cabs work fine!!

Any more questions?

Chris
Old 10-14-2005, 03:50 PM

I used them for my tail lights. I also used another regular bulb on the front. See gallery on the bumper. With two more blinkers on the system I didn't need the resistors.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by signature600
Which ones?? I've got them in my front turns, and cab lights. You'll need a resistor for each front bulb, but the cabs work fine!!

Any more questions?

Chris
Chris, would you say the LED dome lights are brighter than stock? Did you replace the center and both front map lights?
I am thinking of replacing the map lights with red ones. Would they be bright enough?
Thanks.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:15 PM

I don't have them inside...the LED's are a lot more concentrated light, so I'm not sure if they would work very good at all for seeing things, but they'd probably look sweet!!

Chris
Old 10-14-2005, 05:47 PM

Holy crap, those guys are expensive. www.superbrightleds.com has much more reasonable prices. I ordered the little bulbs for my clearance lights from them.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by jfpointer
Holy crap, those guys are expensive. www.superbrightleds.com has much more reasonable prices. I ordered the little bulbs for my clearance lights from them.
THAT is where I get all my stuff...I bet I've spent close to $1500 on lights for my truck, my brothers truck, and our two trailers. Never had a problem with a light yet, either!

Chris
Old 10-15-2005, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by signature600
THAT is where I get all my stuff...I bet I've spent close to $1500 on lights for my truck, my brothers truck, and our two trailers. Never had a problem with a light yet, either!

Chris
I think I spent ~$7. That's five 194 type single LED bulbs plus shipping. I'm thinking about buying a bunch more to start replacing the other bulbs on the truck, though.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
why would you need a resistor? i thought led's used less power.
i am not knowing!
Old 10-15-2005, 10:57 AM

Depends on your flasher relay. The leds might not register enough draw on the system and the flasher thinks a bulb is burnt. Then you get that irritating super fast blinker. The resistor adds what the led lacks and makes the blinker work right. I just added another bulb on the front and that worked just the same.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Marine
Chris, would you say the LED dome lights are brighter than stock? Did you replace the center and both front map lights?
I am thinking of replacing the map lights with red ones. Would they be bright enough?
Thanks.

I wanted to turn my map light green so it matched my green gauge lights...

I didn't think about using a LED... I just slipped a green condom over the stock light bulb and attached it with a rubber band...

I guess that you can use a red condom, if you can find one...
Old 10-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marine
Thanks.

the guy i got my truck off of put the red map lights in it. and at night i cant see a friggen thing. as soon as i get aggervated enough im gunna switch em.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:46 PM

Anyone have a picture taken at night or other low light condition with LED's?

I am wanting to replace clearance, marker, and brake/turn/park lights. From what I am reading, constant on lights like clearance and marker will not need a resistor, but the flashers will. Where do you place the resistor? I am guessing on the hot wire for the light?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by blackdiesel02
the guy i got my truck off of put the red map lights in it. and at night i cant see a friggen thing. as soon as i get aggervated enough im gunna switch em.
But are they the LED's, or are they painted-over stock bulbs? I wish someone could tell me if they are bright enough.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:01 AM

led's are a hell of a lot brighter than a regular bulb but they have one condition

all an led is is a small light filament and basically the glass over it acts like a magnifying glass kind of like when you were a kid and took the magnifying glass concentrated the beam to burn ants or set leaves on fire so if you remember jest like that you have a very concentrated beam of light so looking straight on the bulb you could blind your self ( if you had a bright enough led) but looking on from the side or sometimes depending on the led even jest a little off to the side it could look like its not even on depending on the angle of the led there are wide angle like a 35degree where 35 degrees in any direction its still bright any more than that and it stops projecting light so these are all variables you have to look in to and even ask

Quick Reply: LED Replacement Bulbs