Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Jammer 3's

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jammer 3's

I was thinking of running a set of jammer 3's,100 hp.I was going to use them with a stand alone boost fooler.My question is,will I be able to tow with this setup?And it sounds like the jammers got over the rough idle stuff,right?I will have a upgraded exhaust before they go in.But I dont want to replace a turbo yet.Thanks for the help.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Banned

If it were me, I'd get a comp first and tap the wire and see how you like that. The jammers might be to much for your stock clutch. The comp will be to, but at least you can turn the power down if the temps get to toasty or the clutch starts slipping. With that being said, I don't see why you couldn't tow with them. Just watch your EGT gauge. You do have an EGT gauge don't you?
Old 04-05-2005, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by BigBlue
If it were me, I'd get a comp first and tap the wire and see how you like that. The jammers might be to much for your stock clutch. The comp will be to, but at least you can turn the power down if the temps get to toasty or the clutch starts slipping. With that being said, I don't see why you couldn't tow with them. Just watch your EGT gauge. You do have an EGT gauge don't you?
I second the comp. You can just run it in "EZ" mode until you feel like you need more.

The comp also has an incorporated boost fooler for when you want to run some big sticks!!

Do you have gauges?? Fuel pressure/EGT first and foremost!

Justin
Old 04-05-2005, 07:31 PM

The gauges are going in here in about a week.FP,pyro and boost.Do I need to run a upgraded fuel system right away?Or can I get by with the stock LP and comp until I got some more money?
Old 04-05-2005, 07:36 PM

GAUGES first! dont forget fuel pressure.

i would recommend the comp. the comp is far better suited for towing than injectors, way more low end grunt.

Pat
Old 04-05-2005, 07:40 PM

we must have been typing at the same time. you will have gauges...good.

your fuel pressure gauge will tell you if you need to upgrade or not. but remember to plan for it financially so if you install the comp and need more fuel pressure you will be able to afford it.

just the upgraded fuel lines ran with the stock LP have made big differences for others on this forum.

Pat
Old 04-05-2005, 07:42 PM

[i]Originally posted by caleb c.

Do I need to run a upgraded fuel system right away?Or can I get by with the stock LP and comp until I got some more money? [/B]
the only answer to that question is dependant on your fp gauge. you can run whatever you want but you need to monitor the fp, and take the necassary steps to keep it up
Old 04-05-2005, 08:07 PM

So it sounds like the comp should go before injectors.And I might try running it without a pusher pump and see how it does.If its not enough FP couldn't I run it in EZ mode and it would have enough?I will also look into the fuel line upgrades as pgilles mentioned.And will I burn up the stock clutch running a comp?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:50 PM

If you pierce the wire and turn the box up on the high level you will kill your clutch. The lower levels if you drive nicely you ll be fine. It doesnt take much more power to start ruinning the clutches and auto on these truck with the amount of torque they put out.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by caleb c.
So it sounds like the comp should go before injectors.And I might try running it without a pusher pump and see how it does.If its not enough FP couldn't I run it in EZ mode and it would have enough?I will also look into the fuel line upgrades as pgilles mentioned.And will I burn up the stock clutch running a comp?
You are putting it on an 02 correct??

You should be fine with you stock fuel system and a comp. Just remember, nothing below 5 psi on your fuel gauge.

I installed a FP gauge on my buddies 02. He has 17.5-18 psi at idle and 10 psi WOT with a comp/100 HP injector combo. (Must be a better style ift pump, or more voltage?)

When I refered to EZ mode, that means hooking up the comp minus tapping the wire on the injection pump. That will allow the comp to add timing and fool boost, and a little bit of fuel.

If you just have the comp working as an EZ your stock clutch should be fine. As long as you are not slipping it at the sled pulls

If you tap the wire and run the comp full on its a crap shoot from there. your clutch might last 2,000 miles or it might last 50,000 miles.

Justin
Old 04-05-2005, 09:51 PM

my '02 would get as low as 5psi on a WOT run. daily driving would be around 10psi. idle at 15psi.

i wanted to upgrade so as to not allow fuel pressure to drop below 10psi (just to keep MY mind at ease, others have their own opinions to lowest fuel pressure allowed). but i never did get to it.

be careful when towing with the stock clutch with the comp. i have read of others who, when using the stock clutch and towing with a BOMBed truck, would delay their shift to keep the RPM's high to give the clutch a greater hold. just a thought if you notice it slipping.

fueling enhancements are great and worth the money because you feel the difference. the tough part is paying the money on aesthetically challenged items, i.e. clutch, tranny, fuel supply, to get that performance to hook up and be used at its full potential. what i am trying to say is...we, as members of this site, should be stressing for you to be ready to put that power to the ground. get a stronger clutch, get your gauges and get baseline readings, make sure the dreaded lift pump/fuel supply is taken care of so as to keep your VP44 from going south, then move on to bigger and better power with fueling boxes, injectors, turbos.

if you have X amount of dollars right now to spend. spend it on a clutch. then save some more to accomodate for fuel supply issues. then move on to the power side of things. yeah, you will have to spend some and not feel any difference in power but that might be better than spending Y amount of dollars on a COMP so as to toast your VP44 and be out $1500 in parts without warranty and not be able to drive your truck cuz no $$$.

bottom line, you are your own warranty station. be prepared.

i dont want to sound like i am biting your head off just that most of the answers (including myself) to your question say to add more power and drive around a slipping clutch.

Pat
Old 04-07-2005, 06:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO, if your putting it on the 02 go with a TST PM3 insted of the comp. Comp has to much timing for an HO IMO. TST is fuel only.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of the few (there have not been many) CTD's that I've read about that blew their motors....They were all HO's....towing medium heavy with EDGE boxes! Worth thinking about what 95ram said....just in case there is something to it.
I don't know for sure it was timing that caused it...but that seems to be the concensus.
RJ
Old 04-07-2005, 02:24 PM

Man that would be bad.I will look into that some more.Is the TST box adjustable?