Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   First Box (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/first-box-64306/)

tool 03-22-2005 05:10 PM

First Box

O.K, I'm curious what all everyone reccomends for the first fueling box on a 24V.

EZ?

Comp?

Hot Comp?

Van Aikken?

BD?

I would give the MAD a try instead but I like the idea of the adjustable box and being able to disable it for emmmsion testing.

Welcome all sugestions.

mishkaya 03-22-2005 05:12 PM

Depending on your budget I would recommend the Edge Comp, skipt the EZ and go straight for the good stuff.
mishkaya

caleb c. 03-22-2005 05:16 PM

On a H.O.engine would you run injectors or a box first?

hotdram 03-22-2005 05:16 PM

I agree with mishkaya. Skip the EZ and go for the Comp. I am saving my pennies for it. I have gone from "I'm not ever gonna put a box on" to "ok, I'll just put the EZ on" to "Well, once I get used to the EZ, I will want more, so I'll get a Comp". Might as well get it the first time and not buy 2 boxes. (Also gonna start saving for a clutch, you might want to think about it also if you tap the wire)

This site is a bad influence
~Rob

tool 03-22-2005 05:22 PM

Yeah, I will likely be putting in the SBC before the box, my stocker is pretty well done so I know it won't hold a box.

New clutch is going to be happeing real soon.

hotdram 03-22-2005 05:24 PM

tool

Just curious,
Are you going for the 13.125 conversion?

~Rob

tool 03-22-2005 05:33 PM

I don't think so, the regular Con-O will hold 400 h.p, I don't plan on going over that limit anyway.

Just a box for a little extra zing when towing really, maybe add some injectors for some street fun. Intake and exhaust as well.

Nothing too wild.

shoe 03-22-2005 05:38 PM

I am in the same boat, should I get a edge comp or the mad ECM, so many choices, what to do. I have read all the posts on low,mid high range torque all that good stuff but still can not decide.

Beast2B 03-22-2005 07:01 PM

General rule of thumb: HO trucks respond to injectors better, ETC's respond to boxes better.
Personal experience: I got the Comp first since you'll need a boost fooler to get much gain from any mods (get the HX35 up to 32-35# boost with elbow and wastegate), added injectors and turbo at the same time later. I'll have to wait for a couple weeks about the MadECM , it's on order!!:D
And it never stops, I'll be looking for bigger injectors soon, fabbing up an external wastegate now, twins before next year...[eyecrazy]

Jetpilot 03-23-2005 06:51 AM

The Comp box and a MAD ecm are two very different beasts. The Comp will generate more HP than the MAD if you hook up the pump wire. So comparing the two is not really accurate...... I would compare the MAD to something like an Edge EZ, both of these make almost identical peak HP.

The guys running the MAD are extremely happy and it appears that the truck has better bottom end with the MAD than an EZ (but i have not had the opportunity to try one personally).

Doug

67HotRod 03-23-2005 07:53 AM

Does the Edge EZ have a boost fooler?

Jetpilot 03-23-2005 08:15 AM

Yes an EZ has a boost fooler and comes with a boost elbow.

Doug

67HotRod 03-23-2005 09:56 AM

Thanks Jetpilot!