Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

edge comp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge comp?

how good is it? i'm thinking about getting one, but i don't want to be dissapointed like my superturner has. also, do you need to tap the pump on this,or is just the attitude the one with the tap?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:54 AM

I have the edge comp in my truck, however i have yet to tap the wire. So im guessing im only getting about the same power as you are now with the tuner.. But once i tap the wire it will double the power. I got to drive a buds truck with the comp (tapped VP wire) and it was pretty impressive.. My vote is to get the comp, u'll like it!!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buy the Comp. You will not be dissapointed. Tap the wire. You will not be able to wipe the smile from your face.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:55 AM

I have comp with the wire tapped. I get a giggle every time I drive it. Had it on for three years now. You won't be dissappointed
Old 04-22-2007, 09:23 AM

Watch out! once you tap that wire your bank account is going to drop because as some one here says [your going to want more cow bell]next thing you know you will be putting in sticks and bigger turbo and so on unless your not like me and can control your self Ha!Ha!, good luck you will love it!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:33 AM
DRD

Originally Posted by biododge1
how good is it? i'm thinking about getting one, but i don't want to be dissapointed like my superturner has. also, do you need to tap the pump on this,or is just the attitude the one with the tap?
I see you have a 98.5, if you still have the original injection pump, be aware that you have a good chance of frying the VP44 when you tap the wire. If you have a new/reman pump you are probably okay.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by DRD
I see you have a 98.5, if you still have the original injection pump, be aware that you have a good chance of frying the VP44 when you tap the wire. If you have a new/reman pump you are probably okay.
yes, it is a reman. but by who i don't know, or when it was installed( got the truck used). i do plan on sticks in the future.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:15 PM

i understand its adjustable??? how much hp and torque do you get with it on a towing safe setting??? im trying to decide which chip i want to put on my new truck. sumthing that i could stack with in the future when i get injectors and stuff. i was pretty happy with the Ez i had on my other truck, but if i should go with something better now would be the time.. to me the juice seems like it would be a waste of money, since i just want it setup for towing, i dont care about having the settings for high hp and speed and such, i just wanna have it setup for towing, with that being said, what would be the best thing to get??? i got rid of the superchips programmer that was on it...
Old 04-22-2007, 07:50 PM

GET THE DRAG COMP AND TAP THE WIRE it is amazing..the comp was the first performance mod i made even before the intake or gauges (bad idea) but in 5x5 i could spin the tires and on wet rode i could break them loose at 40mph on a completly stock truck!!!(besides the comp)...but 15k miles later and alot of other mods my transmission is barely grabbing so unless you are like country..boy said and able to control yourself you better get ready cuz the diesel hp bug is about to bite you and its gonna cost!!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had an edge comp wire tapped for 3 years now, transmission lasted, 2 months with it, the vp-44 lasted 2.5 years with it, so who knows how long your stock stuff will hold up, as for the power factor, it is a huge difference with the comp on 1 and 5, 1 would equal an edge ez or about, I'd highly recommend getting one, I'm going to do a drag upgrade on mine soon, see how that is.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:17 PM

but what level on the comp is towing safe??? and whats the hp and torque numbers on that???
Old 04-22-2007, 08:23 PM

well since u have gauges u can moitor your EGTs and as long as they stay resonable it is ok but i do it on 1 or 2 to keep the temp down 3 is pushing it way to far the hp in 1 is 40hp and 2 is 60hp
Old 04-22-2007, 08:43 PM

thanks, thats what i was needing to know..
Old 04-23-2007, 03:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I tow light on three, heavy on two. No matter what level you are on, if you pull a long grade with a heavy load, you will have to let off. That said, tonight i pulled my room mate's Ford Ranger about ten miles after he lost head gasket on the freeway. I put my Juice on 6, and it was wet, and on the last 100 feet to our apt, I lit them up at 30 MPH no problem like 1/3 throttle. These Edge box's are amazing! These cummins motors are amazing too!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:27 PM

hey, im new to this fourm, i just installed the drag comp box on my 01, i am getting wayyyyyyy tooo much fuel, it will not let me boost it up.... it smokes like crazy, i tried adjusting the sublevels and stuff. anyone know *** is goin on here? im goin to call up edge tomorrow and see what they say.

Quick Reply: edge comp?