Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dragon fire vp44 and silver bullet

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brokenarrow
Well really havent tested the new setup out! I was running DDP comps and they flow 65LPM and with just injectors running around on the streets it wasnt to bad 1300-1500egts now pulling with electronics i peg out the 1600egt gauge and it will hold up there for a second after a pull, so with the new 76LPM i will proably see beween 1800-2000 degrees down the track. But i mite have a little something up my sleeve to fix that and get it down a little bit! And i also will hopefully going with a custom s465 during mid season!
Sweet.

I played with mine on the street for about a week, and one run down the track so far. I have not tapped it yet but will in the near future, when it gets running again in my area there will be a couple more test n' tunes and the first drag event in early April, first pull I think is late April. I can't wait
Old 03-12-2009, 08:24 AM
TDX

Originally Posted by busa
Hey TDX, is it running yet? I'd love to meet up with you and check it out some time.
Almost finished the install. It will probably be another week. Gotta drive to the exhaust shop to remove the muffler and attach the 5 " pipe to the new down pipe. You can take a look if you want, PM me your number and i will give you a shout on the weekend.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:40 AM
TDX

She is in. Here is some video of her runnin last night. It sounds crazy with just the down pipe for exhaust. Definatly has a strong idle sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9HbNumlitU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpGH32VFgE
Old 03-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Sounds good, nice to see it up and running. Get some video once it's all back together and you are able to take it for a test drive! Truck looks nice and clean also!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 PM

Hey TDX, havn't heard from you in a while, did you blow the truck up? How does it run?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:31 PM
TDX

Have not taken it out yet. Working to save some money for a clutch. Will probably take it out and flog it once i finish the exhaust but for now just driving the work truck.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:54 AM

Really interested to see how the dragon flow spools this new turbo!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:21 AM

Is this like a drivable pump?? I use my truck for work but I want one of these soooo bad, does it drive like an SO but have the extra kick in the pants in the upper end?
Just interested in how these work!! Keep us updated.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by 19Fury69
Is this like a drivable pump?? I use my truck for work but I want one of these soooo bad, does it drive like an SO but have the extra kick in the pants in the upper end?
Just interested in how these work!! Keep us updated.
I drive mine everyday, no problems.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by smokin24valve
I drive mine everyday, no problems.
Is your wire tap on the pump? if so does it run better on #3 than #5 like the monster?
Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel- Dummy
Is your wire tap on the pump? if so does it run better on #3 than #5 like the monster?
yes it is tapped, I have only tried it on 5x5(wasn't to impressed) but I am going to try out some of the lower settings and see how it is does.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:46 PM
The Guru

I ran a HRVP and set of mach 6's easier in the year. It worked pretty good. Mine doesn't have that loopy HRVP sound. The SO doesn't really have enough fuel for the bigger sticks, the HRVP seems to work better than the SO when you use a box. Mine would run rough/miss after a hard WOT pulls using a SO pump, it doesn't do that with the HRVP.

Tate, you ever get those DDP (73lpm) sticks into that P pump 24V yet? That should one bad heavy fuel truck, once you get it all together. They ran strong in my truck. I want to see it do a few pulls on a shot of NOS.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 AM
TDX

Well the answer to many questions is that this pump and turbo with my 130 horse injectors is awesome. It idles smooth, I would say totally drivable. I can drive without smokin every thing out. The turbo takes a little bit of time to spool but once it lights it is wicked. From everything i have read in the past i thought this turbo was going to be brutal to drive on the street but I could not be happier. I think my combo seems to work really well. I was driving with my comp on level 1 sub level 5 and no pump wire connected and i am not kidding, it is way more fuel than my ho pump with the comp drag on kill. No kidding. Way more!! I am just driving around right now with the down pipe on and no exhaust. It is the most bad *** sounding thind i have ever heard in my life. The funny thing is i am not even able to put all the power down yet because it spools to about 20 to 25 psi in a flash and just blows right through the clutch.
So anyway The next step is the clutch. Any guess what i might be makin for power so i can select the right clutch. I want to try get this thing to be fast for drag racing so i need something that can be shifted fast. I know a 6 speed is not the best for racing but i love the bullet proof combo of the 5600 and dana 80.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:11 AM
The Guru

TDX, you coming out to the AFI dyno outting at the end of May? I like to see how it works. I like the sound of the HRVP, its different and you can pick it out the line-up. Mines even sounds different then the typical HRVP.

Who's injectors you running? You have any egt's data?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:23 PM
TDX

Hey mike, i dont have many miles on it yet but it seems to run about 8to 9 hundred at highway speeds with not much boost. Most of the driving around town there is no boost but with a light foot i can control the smoke pretty good. Under full throttle it is hard to tell because i hit my fuel cutout in a blink of an eye after the clutch slips.

Quick Reply: Dragon fire vp44 and silver bullet