Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

AirDog vs. FASS

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirDog vs. FASS

I own an AirDog and have been very happy with it. Install was a breeze and I have literally never had a single problem with it.

I'm just wondering why the FASS system seems to be more popular? Especially when I constantly see problems with it (loud motor, brush problems etc?).

I'm just wondering what draws people to them versus an Airdog. I'm not trying to start a fight. Just trying to understand it. I've got another 24v that I am planning on putting some type of a pump on and was just wondering.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:19 PM

Well this doesn't help you out, but I'm getting an Airdog in the next month or so. I'm going to take advantage of the sale that they are having.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:16 PM

It called marketing, I believe that the air dog is just as good as the fass but they have not marketed their product as aggressively as fass.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sale what Sale? Tell us more, are they the ones on Ebay right now?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:18 PM

Marketing is def the diffrence to my knowledge the airdog was first then fass was a spin off. The sale banner has been poping up the top of the site.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:23 PM

Smile air dog

I was going to get the fass, but after a little lookin around went with the air dog, Dieselproformance.com has them for 559.00, I call tonite to order one and was told they were on sale for 499.00 so guess what i get from the UPS man on wendsday
Old 11-24-2007, 07:57 AM

Air dog uses 1/2in. fuel lines and the fittings are superior. Never herd of a noisy one. I have the Air Dog and is working great have to put my head out the door to hear it run. Not as long of a warranty on the Air Dog but the warranty is only as good as the company issuing it. Hope not to have any need for the warranty. ED
Old 11-24-2007, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by sshelly
I'm just wondering why the FASS system seems to be more popular? Especially when I constantly see problems with it (loud motor, brush problems etc?).
The Air Dog was out of production/sold/off the market for quit a while. Those sale prices should be good for the market place and help us all. I think the two units are similar. 1/2" lines may sell product under the "bigger is better" assumption, but I believe it is useless overkill.... unless your talking about big line kits to support stock fuel pumps.
Problems with the FASS are, I believe, related to the large number of units out there ... and have all been addressed. Still a very small percentage of the total # (that were installed properly to start with )
Personally glad Air Dog is back to give FASS some competition! Both are great top end fuel systems.

RJ
Old 11-24-2007, 08:56 AM

I took advantage of the sale last week as well purchased direct
Old 11-24-2007, 05:40 PM

FYI

To update the warranty comment for Ed Ke6bnl, the AirDog now has a 6 year Limmited Express Warranty, and a 90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee!

For RowJ's comment about the AirDog being 'out of production/sold/ off the market', the AirDog was never off the market. It was just not promoted. RowJ was right when he said sold. Ekstam Worldwide , Inc., the Licensee of the Fuel Preporator technology, was sold Feb., 2005. The new owner and Licensee decided to promote only the 450 & 650 series to the tug boat industry and let the class 8 and pickup truck business idle. He also renamed the company PureFlow Technologies, Inc.

March, 2007, PureFlow Technologies was bought back and is now under my control again. It has taken a few months to regroup the company and product line.

Half inch lines on the AirDog 100 may be an overkill. However, making the 1/2inch lines standard for the AirDog install kit was a simple decision. We saw that the cost of the 1/2' line over the 3/8" was so slight, it was an opportunity to give you more than was needed for the same price. Quality starts with a great product, it includes personal service both before and after the sale, and fair prices. As the old saying goes, "you ain't seen nothin' yet"!

I hope this may answer some of your questions.

Charlie Ekstam
Inventor of the Fuel Preporator
Old 11-24-2007, 05:53 PM

Dumb question but is the Air Dog the same product as the RASP? Or a copy of the same thing?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:01 PM

been running the airdog and very happy with it. 150 GPH pump has taken care of 850 HP on fuel and 1280 HP on nitrous
Old 11-24-2007, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by ratsun
Dumb question but is the Air Dog the same product as the RASP? Or a copy of the same thing?
no, the rasp pump is a mechanical pump and the airdog is electric
Old 11-24-2007, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Sale what Sale? Tell us more, are they the ones on Ebay right now?

Scotte, the sales banner has been everywhere on the sites. They are sale priced for a limited time.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:34 PM

ratsun

The AirDog is an original product. It is a fuel filtration delivery system that removes water, particulates (3, 5, & 10 micron StrataPore filters available) and entrained air, and maintains a positive pressure to the engine with a regulated fuel flow. It can be equipped with a pressure gauge or indicator light to monitor pressure. It is available at 100 or 150 gph and comes complete with installation kit. The electric motor has the same brushes and commutator plates as its big brother used on class 8/semi's. Those systems have been documented to go 600,000 to 800,000 miles on the big trucks, a very reliable system.

This system is not just a pump. I hope that answers your question.

Charlie

Quick Reply: AirDog vs. FASS