Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Adrenaline Internal Meltdown (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/adrenaline-internal-meltdown-214077/)

02D0dge2500 08-13-2008 11:03 PM

Adrenaline Internal Meltdown

5 Attachment(s)
I have had my adrenaline/pulse set up installed since June 26th with absolutley no problems until today. I went to start the truck and it would sputter for a few seconds and then die. I continued to try to start it for three more times and then began to investigate. It took about 2 seconds to realize the Adrenaline was toasted the case was hot and stank of electrical fire[verymad]. All the wires leading to the adrenaline were fine all grounds were good and no fuses were blown. I disconnected the main connection from the adrenaline and tried to start the truck again. The truck started fine, but things were not good, acceleration was almost non existent, and there was a check engine light. I am going to send the module to Quadzilla and see if they can help me out with this problem. I am worried that the vp44 may have suffered some damage, but I am still not sure. Any info would help out.

02D0dge2500 08-13-2008 11:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics just showing that none of the wiring is damaged.

J Lent 08-13-2008 11:10 PM

Unhook the map sensor & reconnect your stock wiring to the map sensor. If the module is unplugged, your ecm will throw a code with no signal.

mrclean 08-13-2008 11:13 PM

Remove the unit and put it all back to stock. Reset the computer and it should be OK to drive until Quad helps you get it sorted out.

02D0dge2500 08-13-2008 11:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
just a few more pics

02D0dge2500 08-13-2008 11:17 PM

how is the exact way to reset the computer? (dumb question)

J Lent 08-13-2008 11:30 PM

You need a code scanner. You can try unhooking the battery for 15min.

02D0dge2500 08-13-2008 11:32 PM

that is what I thought. I am going to try the battery right now, but I am going out of town in about 2 hours for three weeks so if that doesn't work I will just take care of it when I get back. I really appreciate the help all!!

braxton357 08-14-2008 09:34 AM

The code will clear itself after a few cycles once you plug the map back in...

13FOX 08-14-2008 11:33 AM

Another memeber here with same product had that happen as well.

dodgediesel 08-14-2008 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 02D0dge2500 (Post 2176697)
I have had my adrenaline/pulse set up installed since June 26th with absolutley no problems until today. I went to start the truck and it would sputter for a few seconds and then die. I continued to try to start it for three more times and then began to investigate. It took about 2 seconds to realize the Adrenaline was toasted the case was hot and stank of electrical fire[verymad]. All the wires leading to the adrenaline were fine all grounds were good and no fuses were blown. I disconnected the main connection from the adrenaline and tried to start the truck again. The truck started fine, but things were not good, acceleration was almost non existent, and there was a check engine light. I am going to send the module to Quadzilla and see if they can help me out with this problem. I am worried that the vp44 may have suffered some damage, but I am still not sure. Any info would help out.

Sure sucks to have 10lbs of boost!!![laugh][laugh]
Like all the rest said, unplug the Adrenaline's harness from the Map sensor and plug the factory harness back in...
Send the module back and they will hook ya up with a new one.:cool:

RowJ 08-14-2008 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 02D0dge2500 (Post 2176697)
... All the wires leading to the adrenaline were fine all grounds were good and no fuses were blown. ....... I am worried that the vp44 may have suffered some damage, but I am still not sure. Any info would help out.

VP-44 and ECM are fine if wiring is OK! CEL will go out after 5-10 starts if problem does not reoccur.

You need to Unhook Adrenaline at MAP Sensor and at the Data Port. This gets you back to stock...as suggested above. Send the ADR in, but call and get a Return Authorization first!

There is a resistor inside that cracks.... from too much heat, I'm assuming. Quad has not commented on it, other than saying they can't duplicate it, so I'm not sure about the fix.
It has only happened to half a dozen or so CTD's so far?? I'm one of them.

RJ

2141pete 08-14-2008 04:56 PM

it happens to some guys. The heat sink and resistor inside will go bad and crack. Call Justin, he took care of me. I had a new box back in a couple of days. But be sure to call and talk to him about it first.

dodgediesel 08-14-2008 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ (Post 2177218)
VP-44 and ECM are fine if wiring is OK! CEL will go out after 5-10 starts if problem does not reoccur.

You need to Unhook Adrenaline at MAP Sensor and at the Data Port. This gets you back to stock...as suggested above. Send the ADR in, but call and get a Return Authorization first!

There is a resistor inside that cracks.... from too much heat, I'm assuming. Quad has not commented on it, other than saying they can't duplicate it, so I'm not sure about the fix.
It has only happened to half a dozen or so CTD's so far?? I'm one of them.

RJ

Perfect explanation RowJ.:cool:

Big Blue24 08-14-2008 05:36 PM

If you cycle the key on, off, on, off, on, it will clear the CEL and also display a code or two on the odometer if you have a newer than 99' truck.

At least on my truck I started without the Adrenaline and therefore no MAP signal got a check engine light. After reinstalling the Adrenaline, I still had a CEL. After cycling my key three or four times on, off, on, off etc, I no longer had a check engine light.