Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Your home team

Old 03-05-2003, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Your home team

The problem with all the depoyments out of NC is that it kills the local economies. The state is already in a budget deficit of almost biblical proportions and now all the GI spending money is drying up. When the troops pull out the spending money goes with them. The businesses that cater to the military in the base areas are feeling it. Hope they get it done and get back quick.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:07 AM

Very informative. Perhaps, too informative. Oh, sure, it's great to be kept up-to-date on such things but, I'm sure our &quot;enemies&quot; love it too. I remember when US Navy ship movements were classified back in the '60s. Perhaps not classified so much as we didn't announce it to the world. Oh, I get it, we don't care and could care less in today's American society about such things. More of that right to know anything and everything, devil be damned. Sorry, it's happening right now as matter of fact. The local CBS tv affiliate is announcing that a local unit from Ft Lewis is deploying &quot;over there&quot; and now added to the nearly 20,000 Washington military personnel over there and oh by the way, the USS ***** out of Everett deploys today. Mark me down in the column that doesn't feel the need to tell the world all of our military comings and goings.<br><br>~Dave
Old 03-05-2003, 07:30 AM

NW I agree. I am not nor have I ever served in the military but I have utmost respect for those who do. In my opinion, their need for survival FAR outweighs my need for information.
Our local news does 'hometown heros' which at face value is nice for the troops and their families. However, should that be monitered by the 'wrong' people, they know who the families are of those willing to serve our country. To me this raises the possibility of very targeted reprisals here in the states. I dont believe the families of those serving should be asked to make anymore sacrifices than they are already. Putting them at risk is NO GOOD!
My thoughts and prayers for those serving our country and their families. My God go with you and grant you a safe return.

DuaneW.