Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This Is Why I Carry a Gun....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 02:06 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re:This Is Why I Carry a Gun....

Nothing like this has ever happened in Ferris either.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our sleepy little area in Alabama is where a week was spent looking for Centobi after he shot a Moody, Alabama officer. He left a young wife also. Unfortunately this area is getting more suburban as Birmingham moves out here. I always carried but federal law prevents a commercial vehicle from carrying. Pretty stiff penalty. Something that can be carried is a marine flare gun. Vietnam vets know what that will do. Slow and painful also.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:50 PM
Administrator

I feel better that I am prepared in case anything happens while I am around.<br><br>I hope to all that is holy that I never have to pull my gun on someone, but I carry it just the same.<br><br><br>phox
Old 10-07-2002, 07:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=Haulin in Dixie Something that can be carried is a marine flare gun. Vietnam vets know what that will do. Slow and painful also.<br>
<br><br>Man you definately don't want to look down and see one of those things burning brightly from a hole in your chest!<br><br>I am not crazy about the idea of everyone running around packing firearms. But having people licensed and trained properly in their use is extremely helpful to the public and law enforcement as well.<br><br>Now if they would just stop slapping the hands of the criminals using them illegally and returning these thugs to the street, life could be a whole lot better for all of us.<br><br>I might even advocate public hangings for extremely violent criminals as a deterrent and Stocks or other forms of public humiliation for nonviolent offenders. I think if you have to sit chained to a post in the town square with a sign stating you are a thief, you might not want to stay in that profession.<br><br>Somewhere we have to take a stand and show these criminal types that we won't allow them to live nextdoor to our children. Just the opinion of an honest tax paying American citizen.<br>Pushes soapbox back in the corner.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:23 PM
DPG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What SFtopSGT said.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:27 PM

[quote author=Haulin in Dixie link=board=10;threadid=5636;start=15#49576 date=1034034042]<br>Something that can be carried is a marine flare gun. Vietnam vets know what that will do. Slow and painful also.<br>[/quote]<br>Yes, I can vouch for that. While I own various rifles, shotguns and assorted pistols, I'm hardly current and proficient enough to carry. It's a personal thing. However, the flare gun (the 21 ft boat is long gone :'()does fit nicely underneath the front seat alongside the 18&quot; piece of 500 KCM strand cable. Being an electrician, I may need to show an apprentice what size of cables we sometimes have to work with, Officer. Better than a tire iron. Military installations have a funny reaction if they do a random search of your vehicle and discover firearms. Nothing has ever been said about the flare gun. What really saddens me is that we even consider this action as routine and necessary. I know we live in enlightened times but do we really benefit? Time for me to put away my soap box too!<br><br>~Dave
Old 10-07-2002, 08:37 PM

I think everyone should be trained and carry. Charelston Heston is my presedent
Old 10-07-2002, 08:39 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote author=Captain link=board=10;threadid=5636;start=15#49620 date=1034041031]<br>I think everyone should be trained and carry. Charelston Heston is my presedent <br>[/quote]<br><br>With Ted Nugent as his Running-Mate. ;D 8)
Old 10-07-2002, 10:03 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a thought from the balcony and maybe I’m wrong but how about we adopt some on the Islamic countries laws. If you steel they cut your hand off, you steel and run they cut off your hand and foot.<br>They do not have any trouble with rape. <br>Now on the serious side I feel that if there were more people with CHL we would not have near the crime rate that we have in this country. Also if the judges would put the criminals in jail for the full time that the jury decides on instead of 20years = 5 years we would not have as many on the streets. I will not get on my soap box but I think that in the long run more guns = less crime .I’ll shut up now and let some of the less rabid ( yes I know that I am)folks have a chance to tell me where I’m wrong. Thank you for letting me vent. <br>
Old 10-07-2002, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Hey Gonz, did you ask him &quot;what you doin bringin that knife to this gun fight boy&quot;?<br><br>As Rattlin can verify, I got the perfect cure for those that are shooting innocent people. Top knows what I am referring to. You wouldn't think you could fit a 400 grain slug into a revolver but you can this one. In fact, it will hold five of them.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:41 PM
Administrator

That is an interesting way to put it...
Old 10-08-2002, 12:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=dieseldude4x4 link=board=10;threadid=5636;start=15#49657 date=1034046719]<br><br><br>As Rattlin can verify, I got the perfect cure for those that are shooting innocent people. Top knows what I am referring to. You wouldn't think you could fit a 400 grain slug into a revolver but you can this one. In fact, it will hold five of them.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Some people call 50 lbs of full recoil in their hand fun! ;D Measures Joels wrists and confirms his hypothesus, 12&amp;1/2 inches ;D
Old 10-08-2002, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Gonzo: &quot;knock the fur clean off a sasquatch&quot;.<br>

Quick Reply: This Is Why I Carry a Gun....