Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Warm and Fuzzy Breakroom Jan 11 - 17

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 06:27 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Good morning. I's a new day. It's a Monday, so where is everybody?
Coffee and ph00 is on. Somebody else can bring the grub.
L8tr
Old 01-12-2015, 07:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Here's a box of doughnuts and sausage biscuits coffees not bad Stan I've been putting drivers side ball joints in my truck. They are XRF joints but I can only get two years out if them this job sucks
Old 01-12-2015, 07:56 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Here's a box of doughnuts and sausage biscuits coffees not bad Stan I've been putting drivers side ball joints in my truck. They are XRF joints but I can only get two years out if them this job sucks

Sausage biscuits, hmmmmm!

Only 2 years from the XRF?????? I thought that they were top rated? I am on my 3rd set of ball joints. The first 2 were non-greasable OE Dodge, but then switched to Moog greasable and grease them a lot more than required and consequently keep relatively clean grease in them. The tie rod ends are original and I attribute their long life to over greasing and clean grease. Probably in the future I will need new ball joints again, so keep an eye on all ball joint comments and try to keep abreast of what are the best brands. So far it looks like the very pricey Carli's are the best. Maybe.

What tools (brand) are you using to change the ball joints? DO they work well?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mmmmm, yoga! I especially like the cherry flavor!
Old 01-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Ok that's it we're moving. Guess who's getting company.
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Bobs Family Motel?
Oh mercy - - -help me - - - time out - - - injuries - - - man down - - - out of town - - - very contagious diseases here - - - house has rats and mold - - - bad - - - and shrews - - - - bad - - - - and wasp nests - - - - and the AC and water heater are broken - - - and we are leaving on vacation. ..........................

Hey, morning gang. Cloudy here also Stan - - warm but touch of rain last night and more due this afternoon. We can use that.

What is this about new ball joints after going around the block a couple times? I have 106,000 now and have replaced only the upper control arm and shocks. All rest looks solid. Why is that?

Lazing around this morn - - hurt my leg somehow yesterday and it is horrible pain when I try to walk. Have no idea how - - went out to the ranch yesterday for a few hours but did nothing to aggravate it. One position for sleep all night otherwise groaning and moaning. Think I will grab my ph00 and go commiserate somewhere - - like the lanai - - read - - moan - - nap - -ph00 - - moan - - well, you get the idea. .............

HurtingBob
Old 01-12-2015, 10:57 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I feeling like Louisville is practicing on My rt side. Seems to hit me in waves.
Your goring to go through that for a while as things realign into its new position. Takes a little while for the nerves to reprogram. The trick is keep expanding your range of movement so the scar tissue grows with it. Other wise it will tear when you try to move more later.

13° and clear. Going to start warming up for the next freezing rain storm.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
It's amazing how these bodies can heal. I fell on the ice about 15 years ago and tore my right shoulder up pretty good, tore the rotor cuff, all three biceps attachments, and crushed the capsule all in one smack.

Spent $1600 getting an osteopath to MRI the thing. He showed me all the bad spots and said "after all, it's a 50 year old shoulder, we can't help much." I had about 1" of movement from my side with extreme pain. I think his problem was the need to make yaught payments.

Went to my chiropractor who happened to be aspiring to sports medicine, and in about a year we got full motion and strength back.

Over the weekend I fought a 6" hole saw through a double plate, half doug fir, and half s yellow pine, overhead, crowded conditions (no room for a lever handle) with a 1/2" conventional drill. My son the contractor said it couldn't be done. Took me a couple of hours with rests, but I got the hole made. My shoulder is complaining only slightly after that. I feel blessed.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So far it looks like the very pricey Carli's are the best. Maybe. What tools (brand) are you using to change the ball joints? DO they work well?
I use snap on tools for about everything if snap on don't make it then Mac And they work great.

I wanted Carli the first time I did this but money was to tight they offered to refund my money both times I've done this again once per side but money is still the issue.

I think the way I use the truck might have something to do with it twenty mph down a dirt and rock road with a fully loaded truck and trailer puts abuse on everything.

I've gotten it down to about two and a half hours changing everything
Old 01-12-2015, 01:13 PM

Came back in for another coffee. Sorry for y'all that are still experiencing winter, but today is a true spring day here. I honestly cannot think of any way to make this kind of weather any nicer. The sky is a nice blue with about a 10% thin, high cloud cover. Just a hint of an occasional breeze that barely moves the palm fronds. The air outside feels wonderful. The sun is pretty warm, but the shade feels fabulous. Have doors and windows open in my house. A peach tree that is in my back yard is getting more and more flowers daily. Now need to be extra alert for ant attacks, because they love new flowers and leaves. The mornings are still quite cool, but once the sun comes up that quickly changes and by 9 a.m. it is definitely shorts time outside. Ahhhhhhhh!

No Scotty, you cannot come and live with me. Go to Bob's hotel. He will welcome you with .......... um, never mind.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Scotty...you don't have to take this abuse.....come on down here O' Twinner O Mine and we will head to Bobs for a month and then Stan's place for awhile after that

I already have the GPS ready to go

Just think all the joy BOTH of us can bring to their lives
Old 01-12-2015, 04:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I want to go tooooooo!
Old 01-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by sherod
I want to go tooooooo!
More the Merrier!....ROAD TRIP!

Looks like Bob has plenty to feed us, he has food all over the farm and we can get him to take us fishing as well

Stan has both cheap Labor and Food down there so we may have stay there an extra month or two
Old 01-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
No Scotty, you cannot come and live with me. Go to Bob's hotel. He will welcome you with .......... um, never mind.
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Scotty...you don't have to take this abuse.....come on down here O' Twinner O Mine and we will head to Bobs for a month and then Stan's place for awhile after that

I already have the GPS ready to go

Just think all the joy BOTH of us can bring to their lives
Originally Posted by sherod
I want to go tooooooo!
More the Merrier!....ROAD TRIP!

Looks like Bob has plenty to feed us, he has food all over the farm and we can get him to take us fishing as well

Stan has both cheap Labor and Food down there so we may have stay there an extra month or two
UHHHHH - - - I am speechless with the thoughts of all the love and companionship I am being promised. Warms the cockles of my heart (whatever they are????). To think poor humble Bob is being blessed by the thoughts of such an event. I must start immediately making plans for such as this - - like camo the house - - - move to the ranch and camo the gate and add additional security - - add several MORE pitbulls to supplement the security alarm - - practice with my new drones - - - up the voltage on the electric fence system. Yeh, good start for the first day's work. Then, the second day I will move the bulls from the outer pasture into the area around the house - - yeh. One of them almost killed the previous owner (and that is no joke - - he never walked back onto the property after he got out of the hospital - - put it up for sale as is, animals and all). That bull is a mean critter. He really tore up the neighbors big bull about a month ago after somehow getting over the electric barb wire fence into the adjoining pasture. He is a good watchdog.

You guys are craze - - - fun crazee. Mama is calling for supper - - better go.

HarrassedBob
Old 01-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Mean Bulls make Good sandwiches
Old 01-12-2015, 06:51 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mean Bulls make Good sandwiches
and bad samoyeds make good leggings; one French canuck winked at me when we were sledding in Ontario, I think he was wearing a malamute on his head. oh the people you meet......

cherry yoga' for my bro, the woodman chaikwa. which means living forest tree. YO GA for TG, so glad you get a new level of good health. I liked it from Kinect but apparently need a teenager to hook it up to the tv. lol

glad you warm weather fellas are getting the good stuff! I must share though, that hubby and I got to share 45 minutes of a gorgeous sunset with pinks, purples, reds, oranges and blues/greens and striking cloud formations/ranges of light to black. all on the dusk drive home on a winter's day. tidy 1800s homes on farmland and forest. snow on the pines smells wonderful.....

skipped swimming at 6AM, did chores, paperwork, insurance dancing, made
savory stew and chocolate cake. 7 degrees tonight, make sure I have cuddle time.

Quick Reply: Warm and Fuzzy Breakroom Jan 11 - 17