Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

thank you to all the firefighters!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile thank you to all the firefighters!!!

i'm right in the middle of the california fires. i have the malibu fire to the south and now have the castaic fire and stevenson ranch fire to the north. the north fire can easily come over the ridge onto our side of the mountain....

I just saw fire trucks from compton, santa fe springs and some others down south....

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:45 PM

That looks like a bad deal going on out there, good luck
Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 PM

Kudos to the firefighters. It is not pretty here. Keep our families in your prayers.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:33 PM

sending prayers to them and the famlies involved from colorado
Old 10-22-2007, 11:44 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Prayers to all in the Fire areas. I grew up in Fallbrook and just got a call from my old man in MT. Word is our old home burned on Sage hill and a few of our families friends have lost their present homes. This is really saddening. Prayers to all in the fire zones and be safe! And THANK YOU to all the firefighters! Kurt
Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 AM

Where we are isnt near the fire areas but we re still getting the smell and smoke from the Castaic and Stevenson fire.
The officials claim that at least one of thses was arson.
I hope they catch the ()&()*(& and throw away the key.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 AM

I'm sending prayers to everyone out there. I have family in northern LA, Mira Mesa, and El Cajon - none of them have evacuated yet, but sitting here at work in Tucson is making me jumpy with all the news reels. I have an uncle in the CHP and his precinct is pulling 13-hour shifts now, I can only imagine what all the emergency crews are doing. At least one of our fire crews has already headed out there to help. I hope everyone on the forum is okay, and their families!
-Kelly
Old 10-23-2007, 01:07 PM

I've been evacuated, and don't know if I still have a house or not. I am hoping that it missed, but I am not so sure. I got our wedding photos out and a couple other things, and I just need to keep telling myself its just material things, and my family is safe.
Scott
Old 10-23-2007, 02:11 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
"The Fire"

Yeah,I can't say enough for the brave firefighters,pilots,etc. Support folks and volunteers have also stepped up to the plate with assistance. My buddy and I returned from Baja yesterday. We experienced the strongest Santa Ana winds in 57 years. Returning from the Colonet area(approx 185 miles south) there were complete "brown outs" from the airborne dirt and dust on the road north. We had to completely stop at times as visibility went to zero. Really scary! Semi's were grounded and catching up on much needed sleep. This thing's not over yet,but we've got a change in the weather coming so hopefully we'll get a break. Best of luck to everybody affected by this tragedy.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:00 PM

Praying for you all also - and really apprecaite what firefighters everywhere do...

Here's a photo I found online that may give some scope and perspective as to this situation: (and in a bad way, it makes an incredible background)
http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/g...5.2100.1km.jpg
Old 10-23-2007, 04:16 PM

Thank you for your prayers.. alot of us up here in the mountain areas are unsure as to whether or not we have homes left. I guess time will tell. Prayers go out to all the firefighters fighting all these fires!
Scott
Old 10-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Gotta hand it to the firefighters and the volunteers and just all around good neighboors. I left my home in Poway to go to my brothers place in Lake Elsinore . and saw the reports of all the fires in LA area. Came back home this evening and everything was OK. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dieseljunkie
Thank you for your prayers.. alot of us up here in the mountain areas are unsure as to whether or not we have homes left. I guess time will tell. Prayers go out to all the firefighters fighting all these fires!
Scott
Scotty.....forgot you were up there...

Hope you place is still there....there is hope, when I was up on the hill the last time this happened, it was amazing how the fire hopscotched houses. If you're not at the top of a drainage, your chances are better.

My wife's uncle lives up there too, not sure exactly where. Based on the fire maps he's seen, he's pretty sure his place is gone. But you never know, they said Cedar Glen was gone and quite a few made it through.

Did you do your brush clearance?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:46 AM

This bad boy is off to San Diego to help out.

Martin Mars flying boat world's largest water bomber.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:46 PM

I hope all will be OK for you. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I imagine that its hard even though its material things theres still allot of history and hard work. My prayers go out to you and the others who just don't know what is or will be left when you return. I have been a volunteer FF for 15 years now and wish that there was a way that I could come and help but unfortunately my location and funds just won't allow it or I would be there.

Ryan

Quick Reply: thank you to all the firefighters!!!