Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Star Spangled Banner

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Star Spangled Banner

The Star Spangled Banner like you've never heard it! This was at Texas Tech University Basketball game . . . .The National Anthem is sung by five young ladies. You have never heard it performed better than this! An entire arena remains completely silent throughout the song. You could hear a pin drop. Take a moment to listen to this...you will not regret it. The two young girls on the right are six years old. The two in the middle are seven and the one on the left is eight. Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgJnsX1GYvg
Old 10-09-2009, 07:50 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Freakin awesome. Best I've ever heard. Now compare it to this woman and tell me what you would rather hear....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTpQpRHYKpw
Old 10-09-2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Administrator
Freakin awesome. Best I've ever heard. Now compare it to this woman and tell me what you would rather hear....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTpQpRHYKpw
Why can't we all just be Americans? Black people like the ones portrayed in this video are seperated because THEY choose to be and yes, when I say they, I mean you people. Not one person stood up and said we are all Americans which is further disturbing. I dont see a white national anthem (which would be rascist before the first note would be sang), or a brown national anthem. Must you remain seperate from every other color American that gets a chill up their spine when they hear our national anthem; as they remember all the people who have given their lives for people they do not even know and generations that were not even born? Absolutely, but it is the white man's fault. Be an american, be proud, and join the melting pot. "You people" make me sick.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I only watched about 20 seconds of the second one before feeling like I was gonna yak.

The first video........... I had to stop eating my sandwich cuz of the lump in my throat.

AWESOME!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 AM

I'm not racist, but I HATE hyphenated Americans. Whenever someone describes themselves as -American, I ask for the qualification that ordains the hyphenation. "My great-great-great-grandfather came from..." is the usual response. This allows me to introduce myself as a European-American, and with a background full of Pole, I-tye, Hungarian, Czech and other despised Eurotrash-immigrant-labor-types only one or two generations removed from the homeland, I merit a hyphen too.

In my arrogant opinion, save the hyphenated American garbage for the Fresh-Off-The-Boat crowd. Newbies. You know, if you just arrived from Johannesberg and you're going through the citizenship thing, you can call yourself African-American. If you were born here, drop the hyphen and stop being so divisive.

I go to church with a family that emigrated here from Nigeria, great people with a wonderful accent. They don't describe themselves with a hyphen. They are Americans ("thanks be to God in the highest!"). They have retained their ethnicity but not allowed it to affect their nationality. They are Christians first, family second, Americans third, and culturally Nigerian fourth.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 PM

the girls were awesome

the 2nd video IS NOT the National Anthem
Old 10-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that 2nd one is a bunch of bs. believe i would have had to say something if i was their or start sing the right one
Old 10-09-2009, 12:26 PM

1st - Simply awesome.

2nd - I will grant that the singer has talent, but failed to do what she was requested to do. The MC of the event should have stood up after, thanked her, politely stated it was not our national anthem and then proceed to lead the group in singing it.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9756253 quote by the singer "Not a political statement" My foot!! Why else would you do it without telling people ahead of time.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Cactus Cuties are awesome! No doubt the best version of the National Anthem I have ever seen or heard.

They have been posted before. Here is a post with another video of them a couple of years older.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ational+anthem

Old 10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

The cactus cuties were great.. Someone should have beaten that lady with the microphone on the 2nd..
Old 10-09-2009, 04:11 PM

If that first video doesn't give you goose bumps you need to pack your s**t and move somewhere else!!!! OUTSTANDING!
Jay
Old 10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Pull Ya
If that first video doesn't give you goose bumps you need to pack your s**t and move somewhere else!!!! OUTSTANDING!
Jay
Back of your neck....

I had them head to toe.

I think that when Francis Scott Key penned those words, he intended them to be performed as these brilliant young women have.

The second video belongs right next to Obama's Peace prize, in the bottom of an outhouse.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:10 AM

Absolutely AWESOME, WOW...........
Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 AM
DTR Mom

oh yes! I still have goosebumps from whitney houston singing OUR NATIONAL song of unity and respect, for the 25th SuperBowl!!!

had a promoter screw up at Virginia city camel race event before Friday's crowd/media day. no singer to open the show with National anthem.

I walked the rail in front of the stands and 'humorously' asked for Virginia City Idol contestants to sing what is hands down THE most difficult melody.

Had a every bit of 20 hands with about ten pointing at a large man. He modestly and humbly agreed to sing, and promptly blew EVERY breathing human's mind by his respect, honor and wonderful singing voice and tone.
not a conversation in an open arena of two thousand people plus ....
like a church gathering for a mourned loved one. yeah, man. goose bumps.

THAT ...is our National ANTHEM.

remember, 'downhill' started with Rosanne barr....
Old 10-10-2009, 10:18 AM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2 out of 3 gave me goosebumps throughout. Real good feeling. That middle one made me pretty angry. All ten seconds. I even fast forwarded hoping it would get better. It didn't. However it's a good thing though......

#1 That I can freely feel the way I do about that flat out insult and say how I feel about. No matter my opinion.

#2 That I still have pride in my country enough for it to anger me and feel she should be dealt with.

I agree with stinkindiesel. Drop the crap with the -American. If you can't then at least put American first. Anyone that's so hung up on where they're from is always welcome to return. Try that in another country. This is still the only place I want to be. Yeah, things are alot different than they were just twenty years ago, but it's still good. The voice of the country seems to have lost some volume but the feeling is still there. I love to see that flag blowing in a breeze and I don't even mind when it's older and a little tattered. Just means that it's doing it's job. To always stand for what it is no matter what. Getting some tears now from thinking about it. SD sees what I see. The ones just getting here are so happy to be here that they share pride in it like most of us. Ask someone you see why they're dressed or acting like they do in regards to their "native" country, and most will tell you they've never been there. Probably couldn't find it on a map either.

Enjoy your freedoms. I do. Matter of fact I have a rifle stripped down next to me. I'm gonna go to town and pick up some more solvent and some ammo. Clean it, oil and go to the range. All without a second thought about what another -American might say or think. Try that somewhere else. Oh, and I need a new American flag decal for my truck while I'm out.

Chris