Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

St. Anger

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Anger

I expected a lot more.<br><br>I'm disappointed.<br><br>I hate to see Metallica die a slow death, but this looks like the beginning.<br><br>I may be premature, as I have not heard it all, but the initial indicators are not pretty. The title track is confusing, and inept. After the first 24 hrs. of debut, the local stations have all but stopped mentioning them. I'm not surprised. <br><br>It's really too bad, as I'd hoped for better.<br><br>What do you think?
Old 06-10-2003, 12:42 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:St. Anger

Yeah...I listened to much of it now and cant really get into much either. The local stations here are still trying to defend it. I have heard nothin but bad from friends ,etc. and the stations just keep it going. Pretty lame IMO.<br><br>A DJ last night was saying crap like...&quot;we have a mixed bag of callers on the new album, either you hate it or you like it&quot; <br><br>I still have yet to meet anyone who likes it.<br><br><br>Don~<br><br>
Old 06-10-2003, 01:04 AM

I downloaded it, and I don't care for it at all :'(
Old 06-10-2003, 07:15 AM

Is the WHOLE album like St. Anger?
Old 06-10-2003, 08:13 AM

Its ashamed, Metallica used to be the greatest band in the world.<br><br>
Old 06-10-2003, 08:57 AM

I agree with you guys this album is definitely not up to par compared to their previous stuff. Vocals sounds out of sync and the sound quality kinda bites. I think if they would've waited and polished up the sound and redid some of the vocals it would be a great album. The need to go back to the studio and redo it. I'm going to the summer sanitarium tour so I'll let you know how it sounds live maybe it might be better by then... :
Old 06-10-2003, 09:33 AM

Go Country :P <br>DM01
Old 06-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=dodgeman01 link=board=10;threadid=15711;start=0#147712 date=1055255618]<br>Go Country :P <br>DM01<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thats it! The poor guys tried to go country and look what they got.<br>Another dead skunk in the middle of the road while theres a blue bird on my window sill and I gone country twang dang cry me a river ring of fire 9-5 sing about my wife leaving with my sister and the sheep don't love me no more behind the bales music.<br><br>Dunno where that came from...must be the 'voices' coming back again. <br><br>But yer right...go country and it'll sell. :P<br><br>OK, flack jacket and old Country CD retardent helmet on.<br>Let er fly.<br>Hmmm, maybe I can make a song outta this.<br><br> ???
Old 06-10-2003, 11:59 AM

[quote author=BigK link=board=10;threadid=15711;start=0#147641 date=1055222102]<br>I hate to see Metallica die a slow death, but this looks like the beginning.<br>[/quote]<br><br>They set that in motion when they went after napster... I haven't listened to them since. <br><br>Haven't heard any of the new stuff, but a buddy of mine said it sucked. I don't much care either way...<br><br>
Old 06-10-2003, 12:06 PM

Isn't St. Anger the patron saint of people who bought this CD? This is just Almost makes Neil Young sound good (almost).<br><br>Can't go country.....country went pop. I'll stick with the outlaws, Johnny, Hank/HankIII, Willie, and the real cowboy singers, Ian Tyson, Don Edwards, RW Hampton. <br><br>Those of you stuck in the middle, check out BOTH of Hank III's shows..... 8)
Old 06-10-2003, 12:16 PM

It was bound to happen. Spent too much time focusing on kicking folks off Napster, and not enough time writing music. I love the &quot;I downloaded it and I don't care for it at all :'(&quot; comment! You may not like the hand that feeds you, but biting it like that sure doesn't seem to help, either!
Old 06-10-2003, 02:32 PM

Cowhand,<br><br>Everybody knows there is only one true Hank! ;D
Old 06-10-2003, 03:04 PM

I think it sucked too. Sounded to me like Hetfield has been hanging around Fred Durst too much. Just a bunch of no-talent shouting. Guess I'll just have to keep listening to Kill 'em All, Master of Puppets, and Black (that I downloaded with Morpheus of course). ;D ;D
Old 06-10-2003, 05:03 PM

Hey, I finally got another star! I'll paste it on my forehead.....<br><br>BradN, heard III yet? Sounds a lot like his granddaddy. Never cared much for Jr., but they overdubbed a song with all three of 'em, it's a hoot!<br><br>Hank III's givin' the &quot;you're #1&quot; to Nashville....wish I could quote his lyrics here, but I'd run the risk of being moderated for the second time today... :-[<br><br>His A**Jack stuff gives the OLD Metallica stuff a run for the money....
Old 06-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Banned

Cowhand: YES..that's the only country i'll listen to....ok maybe shania's new album {just because she is hot}..but i'd rather listen to Trance,jazz,or rock nowadays

Quick Reply: St. Anger