Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Question for CH

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for CH

Cattle Hauler<br><br>I know you mostly raise livestock. but.<br>Do ya'll use anhydrous ammonia in grain farming in KY?<br>Just curious...... I'll explain after you reply.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:10 AM

Re:Question for CH

CH<br><br>Around here grain farming is big time. Have a buddy who farms 3000 acres with his dad and brother. <br><br>Anyway, the reason I asked is the local LEO stops by my shop on occasion. Told me they had busted 3 guys stealing anhydrous ammoonia from a local ag chemical plant early this morning. All three were from KY, when asked why they were around here stealing the stuff, they replied that anyhydrous is worth around $4000 for a 20lb bottle of the stuff. I guess it is used in making meth, and not much to be had around their part of the country. LEO said that is about the 3-4th time someone has been busted for stealing the stuff from that part of the country this summer. Anhydrous is wicked stuff! It can burn you with the cold liquid just like a thermal burn, It's a shame there are people in this country buy those drugs that give these guys a reason to steal something this dangerous.<br>Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:17 AM

We had a breakin at one of our small substations. A couple of valves were left in the wrong position. Apparently, someone or somebodies were trying to go directly to the source for this stuff. Since we don't keep connectors or hoses available, they didn't get any as near as we can tell.<br>Very dangerous practice and equally dangerous stuff. For some reason, meth labs seem to be real popular out here in my little corner of Washington. We just had another bust this last weekend.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:24 AM

Yeah NWDave<br><br>It has become an epidemic around here. Especially in the spring. All the farmers use the stuff on their corn crop and when they finish their day, they usually they leave the tanks in the field until morning. Article in the local paper last spring stated a farmer went to hook up a tank one morning and found several article of clothing around the tank. Evidently one of those low lifes got a little more than he bargained for. The stuff must have got away from him and he got burned. Serves him right! Must have suffered with it as no one had checked into the local hospitals.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:26 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Yeah its bad stuff, and a prize for the meth labs. We see broadcasts on stolen An.Am. frequently. Busted a lot of methlabs this summer. Got one guy coming up the driveway at the end of a raid. Had a little chase going. These labs are dangerous and very common. Be careful using appliances in hotel rooms. They use microwaves and coffee makers to make the meth.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:47 PM

Not that I'm proud of it, but meth mfg. is big here in my little corner of the world. A year or so ago an article came out in the Dallas paper that said that a large % of those arrested there for meth point to this small county in Oklahoma as the source. It's a shame. So many lives are messed up by this stuff. When they make a bust they have to call in the a ... aw heck, whatever they call the teams that cleanup chemical spills. I guess it just contaminates the entire house when they cook that stuff.<br><br>CR
Old 10-16-2002, 01:23 PM

[quote author=cr1998 link=board=10;threadid=5950;start=0#53731 date=1034790421]<br>Not that I'm proud of it, but meth mfg. is big here in my little corner of the world. A year or so ago an article came out in the Dallas paper that said that a large % of those arrested there for meth point to this small county in Oklahoma as the source. It's a shame. So many lives are messed up by this stuff. When they make a bust they have to call in the a ... aw heck, whatever they call the teams that cleanup chemical spills. I guess it just contaminates the entire house when they cook that stuff.<br><br>CR<br>[/quote]<br><br>Let me guess... McCurtain County?
Old 10-16-2002, 01:50 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Mixed just right or wrong... they can make cyanide gas. Yup haz-mat has to respond to clean up. Most agency's have to contact the FBI who will make the proper contacts and pay for clean-up. If somebody local contaminates the scene, they won't respond and the locals may get caught with a clean-up bill that runs into the thousands. First responders have to be careful and not become victims when responding to assist someone who gassed themself.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:59 PM

[quote author=me4osu link=board=10;threadid=5950;start=0#53745 date=1034792638]<br>Let me guess... McCurtain County?<br>[/quote]<br><br>No, good guess though. It's Pittsburg County.<br><br>CR
Old 10-16-2002, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that, An Am is crazy stuff allright. The company I work for used to handle it but now they have gone really big into dry chemical fertilizer. Might start applying UAN next year.<br><br>Nothing better for killing groundhogs though!!!!<br><br>Put the hose down the hole and say goodnight!
Old 10-17-2002, 09:48 AM

For those of you interested, here is the Indianapolis Star article on those that were arrested.<br><br>http://www.indystar.com/article.php?smeth17.html,news
Old 10-17-2002, 12:13 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Dumb question - what is meth. ??? <br><br>Some synthetic drug ?<br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 10-17-2002, 12:51 PM

methamphetamine
Old 10-17-2002, 12:55 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Nice stuff- a little stronger than coffee <br><br>Thanks me4osu

Quick Reply: Question for CH