Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Pep Boys 'Alledgedly' Firing Reservists

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 06:43 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re:Pep Boys 'Alledgedly' Firing Reservists

[quote author=Scott Edwards(Gonzo) link=board=10;threadid=12381;start=0#117132 date=1047939964]For all the rotten mean and nasty things I said about you,,,I take em all back,,,I knew I liked you sir.
[/quote]

Now, now...no need to take things THAT far... ;D

I just dropped my local Pep Boy store a little note expressing my disgust with them and telling them that I would no longer be doing business with them. >
Old 03-18-2003, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just Let 'em know that they wont be gettin my money anymore, and i am gonna do my darndest to get anyone else i know not to shop there as well....lets see if we can really hurt 'em.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:14 PM

Not only will I not spend my money on them, I have already passed the word here at work. Let them suffer the same fate the reservists family did. &gt; This anti American is getting old real fast.<br><br>Duane W.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:38 PM

Pep boys told me a while back that they could'nt accept more than 2 gal. of old oil at a time. I told them that was pretty dumb considering diesels hold more than that. besides the fact that they get paid for the old oil. [undecided]I thought they're being real comunity minded by acting that way.<br>
Old 03-18-2003, 12:51 PM

I've printed the Arizona newspaper article and will be going to visit my PB store managers here in Albuquerque (I think there are 4 total). Just to let them know that they won't be getting any more of my business and that I'm also spreading the word here at work (since I work at Kirtland Air Force Base).
Old 03-18-2003, 12:51 PM

I'll tell you that really burns me and if there was a pep boys within 100 miles of me i'd boycott them...As the matter of fact screw it i am hereby boycotting the closest pep boys and have also sent the a nasty gram the pepboys 2hrs away that i have never been to will only see the likes of me Via that nasty gram i will never do any pepin up on the truck from pep boys!! &gt;
Old 03-18-2003, 10:25 PM

i just called the news desk of our local paper and gave him a link. hes going to check it out and hopefully run it considering there are 2 PB locations in lancaster but an awful lot of reservists also ....later, scott
Old 03-18-2003, 10:27 PM

ACTUALLY I DID IT AROUND 2 O'CLOCK JUST POSTED IT IN THE WRONG PLACE 4 A COUPLE HOURS SCOTT
Old 03-19-2003, 08:15 AM

I talked with one of the 'managers' at one of our local Pep Boys Store. Initially, he acted like he didn't know about this but then after reading some of the article, he said he had heard about this. I told him that article is going around Kirtland AFB. It will then get over to the Naval &amp; Army &amp; Air Force Reserve units. The look on his face was &quot;Houston, We Have A Problem.&quot;
Old 03-19-2003, 11:58 AM

This is really interesting because here in Abilene (Dyess AFB) everytime I go in and checkout they always ask me if I'm military and offer me a 10% discount (does not apply to tires or labor fyi). If you are military or just interested ask them. I asked them if this was something new because I'd never heard of it before we got stationed here but they said they've always had it... Very interesting....
Old 03-19-2003, 09:02 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I'm sure this was an isolated idiot, but if they don't change that press release soon, they'll be showing their lack of priorities. They sound nice with that policy the law says they have too have. Even if the guy served them late notice, and they were within the law. They should realize how much preparation and little notice he may have to deal with and spend their energy somewhere other than picking on employees.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I thought the reply Pep Boys sent me in response to my &quot;polite&quot; email deserved a chance at equal time.<br><br> I am still waiting to see the outcome of all this though before I throw any dollars toward them.<br><br>Dear Mr.Ellis,<br><br>Thank you for your inquiry regarding recent press reports concerning a<br>former Pep Boys employee who filed a lawsuit against Pep Boys alleging<br>termination due to military obligations. We are confident that no<br>inappropriate actions have been taken toward this or any Pep Boys associate<br>due to his or her military obligations.<br><br>At the present time, more than 30 Pep Boys associates have been called to<br>active duty and are now serving. We would never terminate an employee for<br>military service in support of our nation and are very proud, not only of<br>our associates currently serving in the military, but also of every U.S..<br>service man and woman who has ever served.<br><br>Our policy grants leaves of absence to our associates for military duty and<br>we are in full compliance with, and in some areas exceed, state and federal<br>laws. The policy is consistent with the guidelines of the Employer Support<br>of the Guard and Reserve, a volunteer organization serving reserve and<br>guard members.<br><br>While it is not our practice to comment on ongoing litigation and personnel<br>matters, this particular employee's termination, on June 27, 2002, was<br>unrelated to his military reserve status and solely related to other<br>factors dating back to the summer of 2001.<br><br>Our prayers and thoughts are with our troops and their families in this<br>tenuous time and we offer them our support and gratitude.<br><br>Thank you for your interest in Pep Boys
Old 03-26-2003, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good on paper but I guess we will see.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:45 AM

Why would he just now be terminated on June 27, 2002 for something dating as far back as &quot;summer of 2001?&quot; Sounds a bit ridiculous... unless they are pretty lenient over there... :
Old 03-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=TPilaske link=board=10;threadid=12381;start=15#120642 date=1048700758]
Why would he just now be terminated on June 27, 2002 for something dating as far back as &quot;summer of 2001?&quot; Sounds a bit ridiculous... unless they are pretty lenient over there... :
[/quote]

I will apologize in advance for posting off topic...Sorry.

I can see theres gonna be a brand war of brand wars coming thats worse then the turbos, oil and air filters, transmissions and air fresheners combined.

S.M.A.S.H.
Sizzlin'. Meat. And. Serious. Horsepower.

[move]George Foreman Style![/move]

Quick Reply: Pep Boys 'Alledgedly' Firing Reservists