Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My UPS guy is a crap head...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My UPS guy is a crap head...

My wife called me at work to tell me a big box showed up for me today. Woohoo, its my 5" TBE. Then she tells that the UPS guy dropped it twice carrying up the stairs and the box is all torn up. Plus, she tells me that he refused to help her get it in the house. Shes 8.5 months pregnant so she cant pick it up. So, my brand new exhaust is sitting outside my apartment until I get off work. Customer service is seriously slipping nowadays.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:26 PM

Call and talk to a manager. That's garbage.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:28 PM

^^^what he said^^^ Be sure to look it over when you open it. It's just exhaust but if there was even a ding I'd raise hell.

Good luck with the baby and Semper Fi. My dad served and I was born at Cherry Point right up the road from you.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I sold a beautiful 304 high polish stainless system to one of our members and got a call from him when it was delivered, he told me the system was beat up and wanted to exchange it. I had it returned to me and UPS dropped it in the road and never even came to a door to let me know it was here.

When I saw how beat up the box was as well as ALL the pipes I could understand why the Driver at this end wanted NOTHING to do with taking the heat from me on it

What these guys do at some of the depots and trucks is they roll it out of the truck so it lands on the end of the box damaging the pipes and destroying the box itself.

I know these systems are heavy but if you are going to take the job of delivering these things then you better be prepared to do it in a manner that does not damage the product.

As far as not helping your wife, there is just no excuse for that at all What ever happened to REAL Men and taking care of a Lady?

Not long ago I almost tore a worker at Lowes apart when he made a smart comment to my wife when she asked for help...... I had him backed into a pile of 2x10's wishing he was anywhere but Lowes that day He didn't know I was in the next isle and could hear everything being said, and he came REAL close that day to getting his clock cleaned out. I just don't understand some people these days
Old 03-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
When I ordered my 4" system a long time ago, I was still living in an apartment and the office would hold packages till I was back in town. When I went to pick it up, the main straight pipe was sticking out of one end of the box, and two of the flaps were torn off. Luckily the ends of the pieces were wrapped well, but that box looked like it had been through a war zone. Amazingly, all the parts managed to stay in the box till it made it to me.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:18 PM

those ups guys killed two grills before i got one that was not all broke up. ups got to eat 300. b/c they cant take care of peoples stuff. the 3rd one had holes in the box but the grill was ok. i know exhaust is heavy but do your job its not that hard.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
When my exhaust system showed up the box was pretty beat up. Same story different town.

Not helping your wife get it thru the door is lame. Maybe he could just get a route delivering small envelopes. Meow!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Im not really upset about the box, its metal tubing. Its the disrepectful way he treated my Wife. He would have had to carry another three feet to get it in the door.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't want to even start on getting packages delivered out here....lol

My UPS driver likes to drop my packages off at the bar 10 miles down the road, claiming the roads are too bad to come all the way. I drive my car down to pick them up without a problem though...

Overnighted a package through DHL from a business 150 miles away, just because I needed it and didn't have time to drive down there and get it. Showed up 3 days later...

I could go on most of the night with stories on this topic...lol
Old 03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
As far as not helping your wife, there is just no excuse for that at all What ever happened to REAL Men and taking care of a Lady?
Yeah... that is a good question.
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Not long ago I almost tore a worker at Lowes apart when he made a smart comment to my wife when she asked for help...... I had him backed into a pile of 2x10's wishing he was anywhere but Lowes that day He didn't know I was in the next isle and could hear everything being said, and he came REAL close that day to getting his clock cleaned out. I just don't understand some people these days
You know, I worked at the Lowe's in my old town, and it was great... everyone was perfectly helpful and more that happy to help you find what you needed. This one in Yuma SUCKS! I'm writing a letter to corporate...
Originally Posted by 2171CTD
Im not really upset about the box, its metal tubing. Its the disrepectful way he treated my Wife. He would have had to carry another three feet to get it in the door.
Holy crap, I'd be ticked.
I'd wait for him one day... drive off with his truck... then kick his crap when he caught up to you. Just wear gloves.

On the plus side, my UPS guy is great. Super frendly, and that boy runs everywhere. Glad I live in a quiet area of town.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered a bunch of tools from Harbor Freight, UPS delivered the box and it was ripped way open on one of the lower corners.
Only a couple hand wrenches left inside, they delivered an almost empty box.
I called Harbor Freight and they said, no problem we will send your order again, must be a common thing, they didn't argue or ask questions.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:58 PM

I've got a great UPS driver, I even have his cell phone number. I don't recieve my shipments untill late in the day, if I need it earlier I can call and he will tell me where to meet him. Now that's service!!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM

He wouldn't have dropped it if he used the right tool, i.e. a hand truck. I carry things WAY heavier then that up stairs with a hand truck all the time and never drop them. As for him not helping your wife when she was obviously preg. is down right rude and wrong.. I would def. be on the phone, they know exactly who that driver is..

raymond, that is just plain AWESOME!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 PM

We have a great UPS delivery woman, Karen, out here in Norco; she'll call my cell to see if I want her to drop my stuff at the house, my in-law's shop or in-law's house. She'll also drop his stuff at our place if he's not around, and she always throws treats to the dogs.

The FedEx dude, however, delivered a box of Harry&David pears with the corner torn open and a pear missing. Might not have been him but he's got a big ol' ZZ Top beard with no 'stache, kind of like an Amish guy driving a box truck, and it's a look I just don't trust.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by stinkindiesel

The FedEx dude, however, delivered a box of Harry&David pears with the corner torn open and a pear missing. Might not have been him but he's got a big ol' ZZ Top beard with no 'stache, kind of like an Amish guy driving a box truck, and it's a look I just don't trust.
Shame on you for profiling the guy just because he has a beard He could be the most honest man you will ever meet......

Lary
President of The Fairness For The Hairy Man Club

Quick Reply: My UPS guy is a crap head...