Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

For My Model Railroading Friends...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 07:36 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:For My Model Railroading Friends...

Nice!<br><br>I thought it was neat that two of my favorite lines merged a while back. What is the purpose of the different paint schemes?
Old 03-20-2003, 08:18 PM

Those are some great looking Dash 9s Hoss,...now I just have to build another layout. Maybe when I buy my house in a year.<br><br>-SFB
Old 03-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote author=BAD HABIT link=board=10;threadid=12525;start=0#118586 date=1048208418]<br>All this just reminds me of work. I see the real stuff every day. Have been working for UNION PACIFIC RAIL ROAD CO. for 18 yrs now. It's a living.<br>[/quote]<br><br>If I ever get down your way, Id love to get a tour of your shop!<br> ;D<br><br>Rich<br>
Old 03-20-2003, 09:09 PM
Administrator

[quote author=Redleg link=board=10;threadid=12525;start=15#118605 date=1048210565]<br>Nice!<br><br>.... What is the purpose of the different paint schemes?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ya know, Ive wondered that for a while. <br>Between Santa Fe and Burlington Northern, they went through more paint schemes than most other roads combined. <br><br>Im not a big fan of the Heritage paint... although it is growing on me.<br><br>Rich
Old 03-20-2003, 09:22 PM

The (shop) just called. I have to go to work and replace a broke rail. Was just fixxin to open a beer. :'( Oh well, I can use the overtime for more mod's. ;D Gotta go.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:13 PM

You guys will like the bathroom in my log cabin when it's done. The cieling beams are oak, and I plan on drilling and mounting some railroad spikes for towel/clothes hooks. I also plan on getting some old railroad lanterns and wiring them up.<br>I am also accumulating old logging tools to hang up, and maybe some shadow boxes with HO scale steam engines (such as Shay) that were used locally for logging.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=DieselDaze link=board=10;threadid=12525;start=0#118566 date=1048206044]Anyway, back on the topic, I want to see pics of those trains running when you get that far! <br><br>Rich<br>[/quote]<br><br>You'll certainly see that...although it may be a while. Over the weekend I decided I just wasn't happy with the track plan I'd been working on since January so I ripped it all up, sanded the plywood deck down smooth again and started all over. ;D I'm now in the process of drawing out my centerline of track and will soon begin putting down styrofoam risers and cork roadbed. Hopefully within a month or so I can actually have some trains running. My engines are getting very impatient...
Old 03-24-2003, 09:19 AM

[quote author=BAD HABIT link=board=10;threadid=12525;start=0#118586 date=1048208418]<br>All this just reminds me of work. I see the real stuff every day. Have been working for UNION PACIFIC RAIL ROAD CO. for 18 yrs now. It's a living.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I envy you....or at least I think I do. However...if I did it for a living I probably wouldn't be interested in watching trains and building model railroads.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:21 AM

[quote author=Redleg link=board=10;threadid=12525;start=15#118605 date=1048210565]<br>Nice!<br><br>I thought it was neat that two of my favorite lines merged a while back. What is the purpose of the different paint schemes?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Don't know the purpose...but the first one is called &quot;Heritage II&quot; and the second one is the &quot;Executive&quot; paint scheme. If you watch the lines, you'll also see the BNSF &quot;Warbonnet&quot; scheme, the &quot;Heritage I&quot; scheme...and still plenty of the old Santa Fed blue/yellow or red/silver and the Burlington Northern green/black. Truly a railroad of many colors. ;D
Old 03-24-2003, 09:24 AM

[quote author=shortfieldbreak link=board=10;threadid=12525;start=15#118627 date=1048213112]
Those are some great looking Dash 9s Hoss,...now I just have to build another layout. Maybe when I buy my house in a year.

-SFB
[/quote]

Actually, those are SD70MAC's.

GE C44-9W (Dash 9)

EMD SD70MAC

Two different engines...but I've got a few Dash 9's on my roster too. ;D
Old 03-24-2003, 09:26 AM

[quote author=DieselDaze link=board=10;threadid=12525;start=15#118655 date=1048216192]Ya know, Ive wondered that for a while. <br>Between Santa Fe and Burlington Northern, they went through more paint schemes than most other roads combined. <br><br>Im not a big fan of the Heritage paint... although it is growing on me.<br><br>Rich<br>[/quote]<br><br>I don't know the reason for it, but I'm not complaining. It gives me plenty of color for my railroad. ;D
Old 03-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Administrator

I did a trial run last night to make sure everything is in order before I start modeling the scenery.
I pulled out my diesels this time and you are correct Hoss, just running BNSF gives you plenty of color.

I had a fair amount of Blue-n-Gold in two different schemes running in the yard.
I had the Silver-n-Ren (warbonnet), Blue-n-Gold, and one Herritage II (The only one I have) running on the main lines.
I even got out my Ex-Southern Pacific Black-n-Orange with the letters BNSF painted on the battery box.

Plenty of color.

Found some issues that need to be addressed before the scenery can begin. Thats whats its all about.

Rich.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:03 AM

It's a lot easier to work out track problems now than it is once you've got all of the scenery in place...that's for sure. <br><br>I don't even know if I can count all of the paint schemes you could use for a BNSF line. You've got the green/black BN paint, the green/white/black BN paint, the blue/yellow SF paint, the red/silver warbonnet SF paint, the red/silver warbonnet BNSF paint, the Heritage I BNSF paint, the Heritage II BNSF paint, the Executive BNSF paint, the blue/yellow BNSF &quot;Patch Job&quot; paint, the green/white/black BNSF &quot;Patch Job&quot; paint.....the list just goes on and on.... ;D
Old 03-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Administrator

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=12525;start=15#119862 date=1048525435]<br>It's a lot easier to work out track problems now than it is once you've got all of the scenery in place...that's for sure. <br><br>I don't even know if I can count all of the paint schemes you could use for a BNSF line. You've got the green/black BN paint, the green/white/black BN paint, the blue/yellow SF paint, the red/silver warbonnet SF paint, the red/silver warbonnet BNSF paint, the Heritage I BNSF paint, the Heritage II BNSF paint, the Executive BNSF paint, the blue/yellow BNSF &quot;Patch Job&quot; paint, the green/white/black BNSF &quot;Patch Job&quot; paint.....the list just goes on and on.... ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ah yes, but it sure makes it easier to model! <br>You can take just about any diesel of any color, and patch on a &quot;BNSF&quot; on the side, and no one will notice the difference! <br><br>Rich
Old 03-24-2003, 07:33 PM

Before Bn was my favorite, Great Northern, there's a half dozen more color shemes for ya.

Quick Reply: For My Model Railroading Friends...