Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Muslim Stamp in U.S. post office (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/muslim-stamp-u-s-post-office-30539/)

Cummnzpowr 08-15-2003 04:56 PM

Re:Muslim Stamp in U.S. post office

NWDAVE: so where do you draw the line on who in the muslim religion we can trust. They all look and act the same weather they be in the middle east or here :( ...i think we should NOT support this stamp or trust any of those people very much, not saying we can't befriend them if they interact with us, just saying we should be careful. :- [eyecrazy]..and why doesn't the post office commemorate Christian's or Diesel enthusiasts with our own stamps,why Muslim heritage?it did not originate here nor will it ever be 100% accepted either,so all i'm saying is get rid of the stamp... ::)

Tyrone 08-15-2003 05:11 PM

As I have many family members that are Muslim, and I have been trained in the Muslim faith, I cant believe what I am reading. I know my family is as American as it gets. However many imigrants to the U.S. that are of Muslim faith I do feel should be scrutinized. Lock the borders till the threats diminish. As to the stamp, if they have a Muslim stamp then to be fair a Morman stamp, a Baptist stamp, etc etc should be available also. Lets have one generic stamp for all and bring postal rates down.

Lary Ellis (Top) 08-15-2003 06:52 PM

Frankly I am a little dismayed by this thread in general. I certainly understand why the Muslim faith in general is getting some bad press right now, but there are far more "Peaceful" practicing Muslims, than there are zealots.

To criticize everyone of that faith because of the actions of a few, is against everything this Great country stands for and in my opinion a real mistake.

The United States is built on the strength of diversity, that comes from ALL of the people who call her home. For us to openly single out any one religious faction because of the actions of a few is just plain wrong and extremely short sighted.

We need to look much deeper than a persons religious beliefs to judge them, and certainly those beliefs do not automatically make any one a terrorist.

As a former Special Ops soldier, I can tell you that I have made some very special relationships with people of all colors and religious beliefs. But sadly I always see the same ridiculous actions coming from normally sane individuals, who feel the need to point fingers at someone when they don't even have a clue.

SittingheredisgustedTop

DPG 08-15-2003 06:59 PM

What Top said.

SittingHereAgreeingWithTopDeWain

Mexstan 08-15-2003 07:17 PM

What Top said. All I was really trying to do was to point out the fact that your American way of life is being eroded. If I pointed a finger unfairly at the Muslim religion then please accept my apologies. Unfortunately there are a few Muslim radicals that are spoiling it for everyone. My main point was that your politicians are for self serving interests giving away your constitutional rights. Your country was founded on religion and that helped to make it the great country it became. As your politicians work so hard to remove religion from everything, your problems are getting worse and your country is unravelling. The Holy Bible that figured so predominantly with your founding fathers is almost to the point of being banned by your own government. Take a hard look at why this is. Christian teachers are losing their jobs because they want to wear a cross to school. The ten commandments are being removed from public places. School kids are prohibited from mentioning the name of Jesus Christ while all other forms of religion is just great. Look around you, and you will find that even satanism is being taught is some schools. Is this what you call freedom of religion? I just can't understand why the majority of you are just sitting on your hands while what your founding fathers worked on so hard is being trashed. It worked for hundreds of years so why not for hundreds of years in the future. Americans, take a look at yourselves. As you steadily allow your self serving politicians to dismantle your country, it is changing for the worse. Is this what you want?
OK, off my soapbox.

Shovelhead 08-15-2003 07:19 PM

[quote author=Tyrone link=board=10;threadid=18414;start=15#msg173060 date=1060985507]
As to the stamp, if they have a Muslim stamp then to be fair a Morman stamp, a Baptist stamp, etc etc should be available also. Lets have one generic stamp for all and bring postal rates down.
[/quote]

This says it best. ;)

08-15-2003 08:11 PM

Much of what's going on in our country we can credit liberals for - and if you want to see a snapshot of the end result of long-term liberal leadership and politics, look no further than states like California and New York - like what you see?

Then simply vote Democrat Liberal tickets, and get set to enjoy your own local version of what WE already have... ;) :( :( :(

NO, all Californians do NOT share that political view - but like the Muslims, we ARE guilty by association - and actually must shoulder our share of the blame because we continue to allow it - just as the "good" Muslims have the power to slowly change what goes on inside their faith - or share the blame directed at their radical militant followers if they don't...

I'm sure there are "good" folks in Communism and other social/political countries or groups we don't view in a friendly way - maybe we should make a stamp up for THEM as well to show how fair and open-minded we are in this country? ;) ;)

08-15-2003 08:22 PM

A bit less than a thousand years ago Muslim civilization, back then the most advanced and powerful in the world, was assaulted by terrorist organizations from another culture. These terrorists murdered thousands, set fires to cities, shrines, and businesses, blew up bridges and canals, hijacked ships, and occupied areas and sites that were sacred to the Muslim faith. The terrorists talked about "holy crusades against the demonic unbelievers from the East."

Muslim civilization responded by declaring a world war against the terrorists and their sponsoring culture. Eventually Muslim armies penetrated into the heart of that culture, and Muslim governments tried to rebuild that culture to reflect more peaceful, Islamic values.

The "terrorists" were Christians, of course, and the sponsoring culture was Europe. Today, their actions are known as the "Crusades."

Be careful. Others will judge you as you judge them.

I. :(

08-15-2003 09:38 PM

"Muslim civilization responded by declaring a world war against the terrorists and their sponsoring culture....

The "terrorists" were Christians, of course, and the sponsoring culture was Europe."

And it's EXACTLY because MANY in the CURRENT Muslim faith are STILL actively pursuing that same war agenda against those "infidels" and nations outside their faith, that we are where we are today, and THIS discussion is taking place - I wonder if the Muslim powers-that-be are considering a Christian stamp to be offered in THEIR equivalent postal service?

Cummnzpowr 08-16-2003 01:31 AM

Gary...they prolly do have a Christian stamp..it's on the wall in some Taliban cave with darts through it and pictures of George W. Bush with a big X through his face :-

AlpineRAM 08-16-2003 05:58 AM

[quote author=Gary - KJ6Q link=board=10;threadid=18414;start=15#msg173143 date=1061001530]
I wonder if the Muslim powers-that-be are considering a Christian stamp to be offered in THEIR equivalent postal service?
[/quote]
I wouldn't wonder too long about it- Jesus is considered as a high ranking saint and a small prophet in Islam.

Personally I have made friends with a lot of muslims and other religions like animists and nature religion in Africa.
If I regard my personal experience with people and their religious beliefs I do not see any difference when I scrape off the most visible layers like the turban for the sikhs and the like. In my personal experience there is an equal distribution of good and bad people across the religions. I don't claim this to be statistically significant, but it makes me personally oppose against prejudice based on religious belief.
I know that religion is of great personal value and importance for believers of any kind, and most people regardless of their belief get agitated when their beliefs are criticized.
Mexstan says that the USA were built on christian morale and belief- I think they were built on morale and ethics based on the thoughts of people who were christians but were very tolerant about other religions. AFAIK the constitution that I do consider as the central document of the whole USA states the freedom of religion.

I second Lary on his disgust about the prejudice and I am disgusted by the intolerance displayed by some of the posts.
I want to thank Mexstan for his clarification.

Abdul ibnAlpineRAM ;D

08-16-2003 11:10 AM

"I wouldn't wonder too long about it- Jesus is considered as a high ranking saint and a small prophet in Islam."

Well, of course, my point was more related to recognition by Muslims of a specific RELIGION - such as, say, the Lutherans - after all we're talking about a stamp the recognizes a RELIGION, not a specific "prophet" or leader/founder of that religion... See the difference?

But I certainly agree - and clearly stated my observation that there ARE many fine and decent folks in every religion and political party - whose worse "sin" might be the failure to present a clear rebuttal and opposition to the public evidence of wrongdoing within their respective groups.

That public "evidence" of disgust by the main body and leadership of the Muslims opposing the bloody and criminal actions of the radicals within their group has been quite conspicuously absent by much more than occasional scattered and timid lip service by those within their group.

I have NO problem as a conservative Republican, to send frequent letters of criticism concerning liberals to the local newspaper for public display, whether in my own party or that of the Democrats, making my own feelings on those issues quite clear.

Maybe the Muslims in this country as well as others would gain more respect and credibility with the rest of the world if they would become more *publicly* outspoken and resistant to some of the violent radicals inside their religion and society. ;) ;) ;)

PumpDaddy 08-16-2003 08:47 PM

For ALL of the Bill and Hillary lovers that have forgotten, OUR country was founded on OUR BELIEF in OUR GOD, not THIERS. This country offers ALL who come here a greater oportunity to have better than they had before, but why in hell should we cater to their languages, thier customes, thier beliefs, YOU ARE in MY country, when I visit thier country they don't cater to me, they look down on me as an American and I have even been spit at and cursed. It's a crying shame that our political leaders don't have the gonads to stand up for whats right. I use to think it wouldn't happen in my life time, but more and more I think it will, this country will become a fricking welfare state and every little dick head that claims to have a religion will have more rights than me and my kids. LOOK at the prisons, cable tv, A/C, and better lawyers than we can afford. It's coming and the American people have there heads in the sand, because they "don't want to offend anyone". Offend, HECK, I'll pop a cap between thier eyes, leave them bleeding in the street and go eat dinner. THIS IS MY COUNTRY NOT THIERS, THEY ARE GUEST HERE, IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT, GET OUT AND GO HOME OR BACK UNDER THE ROCK THEY CRAWLED OUT FROM UNDER, but don't come here to my HOME and tell me to change to suit you. As it says IN GOD WE TRUST. allah was not a god, but a THUG, read thier so called bible, he didn't promote peace and caring, but war and death, just what they are doing now. MEXSTAN I agree, AMERICA WAKE UP and get your head out of your ***. It's coming sooner than we think, thanks to the jerks in Washington and the U.N. I agree with the ones that say we should relocate the U.N. to France, but then tell them that if they interfer with us again, they'll GLOW for 10,000 years.

wannadiesel 08-16-2003 08:54 PM

I think maybe it's time this got shut down. It seems to bring out the worst in people. Some serious evil in this thread.

westcoaster 08-16-2003 09:04 PM

thinking of terror attacks...
Oklahoma city
Unibomber
washington sniper
Waco *?
how about those highschool shootings.
Not a muslum in the bunch (that I know of) all done by (presumably) christian americans.

Did I miss any?