Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Might have to sell the truck! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/might-have-sell-truck-27213/)

richard 05-19-2003 09:12 PM

Might have to sell the truck!

Well folks, I may have to sell the truck. The business is taking off at a rate that I did not quite expect. In the past month an a half I bought a Caterpillar skidsteer and a trailer to tow it on. Figuring that I could pull it around with the CTD. Well now I am at the point that I really need a 3500 with a dump body. I would love to keep the pickup, but financially I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. So I am going to sell the pickup and get a 3500 with a dump body on it, the only problem is, I can't find one! This presents a problem, not a huge problem, but still a problem. I have been looking for about 2 weeks now and the only thing I can find that suits my needs is a 99 F350, powerstroke, 4x4 dump that a local dealer has. I would much rather have a 3500 CTD dump, but in these parts, anyone who has one won't let it go. If anyone knows of one in the New England area, please let me know. I am looking for a 2nd gen 3500, 2wd or 4wd, auto, CTD of course, with a dump body on it. <br> Thank you in advance for any help.<br>Rich

Helicopter Dan 05-19-2003 10:03 PM

Re:Might have to sell the truck!

you might consider a gooseneck dump body trailer. it probablly won't be bad because it's only a one ton but I know when I was going to get a dump truck the insurance was way out there just annother thing to consider

redramnc 05-20-2003 06:17 AM

Like Helo Dan pointed out, a dump truck, unless plated for a farm (at which point it is VERY limited in what you can do with it) carries a hefty insurance bill. A dump trailer doesn't get the scrutiny of the insurance company and can be parked to be loaded so the truck is still available for other duties in the meantime. Also, a trailer doesn't need oil changes, inspections, property taxes, insurance, etc. that a truck does.<br><br>A guy I work with was looking at a used rollback until he found out how much the insurance was going to be on it :o He decided a good car trailer was a much better investment. Now if he would come to his senses and realize his half-ton Cheby gasser ain't gonna haul the way my CTD does......

wheezer 05-20-2003 07:26 AM

[quote author=redramnc link=board=10;threadid=14939;start=0#140147 date=1053429478]<br>Like Helo Dan pointed out, a dump truck, unless plated for a farm (at which point it is VERY limited in what you can do with it) carries a hefty insurance bill. A dump trailer doesn't get the scrutiny of the insurance company<br>[/quote]<br><br>The trailer/CTD combo will save trips also. Bigger loads!