Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Might have to sell the truck!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 09:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Might have to sell the truck!

Well folks, I may have to sell the truck. The business is taking off at a rate that I did not quite expect. In the past month an a half I bought a Caterpillar skidsteer and a trailer to tow it on. Figuring that I could pull it around with the CTD. Well now I am at the point that I really need a 3500 with a dump body. I would love to keep the pickup, but financially I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. So I am going to sell the pickup and get a 3500 with a dump body on it, the only problem is, I can't find one! This presents a problem, not a huge problem, but still a problem. I have been looking for about 2 weeks now and the only thing I can find that suits my needs is a 99 F350, powerstroke, 4x4 dump that a local dealer has. I would much rather have a 3500 CTD dump, but in these parts, anyone who has one won't let it go. If anyone knows of one in the New England area, please let me know. I am looking for a 2nd gen 3500, 2wd or 4wd, auto, CTD of course, with a dump body on it. <br> Thank you in advance for any help.<br>Rich
Old 05-19-2003, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Might have to sell the truck!

you might consider a gooseneck dump body trailer. it probablly won't be bad because it's only a one ton but I know when I was going to get a dump truck the insurance was way out there just annother thing to consider
Old 05-20-2003, 06:17 AM

Like Helo Dan pointed out, a dump truck, unless plated for a farm (at which point it is VERY limited in what you can do with it) carries a hefty insurance bill. A dump trailer doesn't get the scrutiny of the insurance company and can be parked to be loaded so the truck is still available for other duties in the meantime. Also, a trailer doesn't need oil changes, inspections, property taxes, insurance, etc. that a truck does.<br><br>A guy I work with was looking at a used rollback until he found out how much the insurance was going to be on it He decided a good car trailer was a much better investment. Now if he would come to his senses and realize his half-ton Cheby gasser ain't gonna haul the way my CTD does......
Old 05-20-2003, 07:26 AM

[quote author=redramnc link=board=10;threadid=14939;start=0#140147 date=1053429478]<br>Like Helo Dan pointed out, a dump truck, unless plated for a farm (at which point it is VERY limited in what you can do with it) carries a hefty insurance bill. A dump trailer doesn't get the scrutiny of the insurance company<br>[/quote]<br><br>The trailer/CTD combo will save trips also. Bigger loads!