Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   IPod touch apps (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/ipod-touch-apps-276084/)

CamperAndy 08-25-2010 12:11 PM

IPod touch apps

Just got an IPod touch for my birthday. I want to get some apps to use on it and want recomendations on what you guys like.

Lary Ellis (Top) 08-25-2010 12:13 PM

Happy Birthday Andy :)

rockcrawler304 08-25-2010 12:21 PM

My wifwe has a touch. I'll have to see what she has on it

cincydiesel 08-25-2010 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by CamperAndy (Post 2828787)
Just got an IPod touch for my birthday. I want to get some apps to use on it and want recomendations on what you guys like.

I'm sure CNN has a app.. or this one http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/proud...342083576?mt=8

Happy Birthday..

CamperAndy 08-25-2010 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2828820)
I'm sure CNN has a app.. or this one http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/proud...342083576?mt=8

Is that the one you use?[yuk]

I have FOX news.

wyododge 08-25-2010 01:49 PM

Mr. Eric is on a roll...

CamperAndy 08-25-2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by wyododge (Post 2828842)
Mr. Eric is on a roll...

I've been told baiting is in bad form on here Jeff but it is too often a one way street. Had I really bit I may have got in trouble but since he thought he was being funny it will slide but it does make it hard to ask a benign question and expect a real response. At least he did not post up the Illegal Alien route map app with water hole locations.

wyododge 08-25-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by CamperAndy (Post 2828845)
I've been told baiting is in bad form on here Jeff but it is too often a one way street. Had I really bit I may have got in trouble but since he thought he was being funny it will slide but it does make it hard to ask a benign question and expect a real response. At least he did not post up the Illegal Alien route map app with water hole locations.

It's all in good fun Andy, at least with me it is...

You have to admit though, that would have been funny too. Blake has an iphone, and knowing him he has a swamp full of apps. I'm sure he'll chime in in a bit.

Happy Birthday ol man!!!!!

Blake Clark 08-25-2010 02:18 PM

Happy Birthday Andy!

If you are looking for a time killer try Labryinth.

Shazam comes in handy for identifying a song playing that you cant.

Blake Clark 08-25-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by wyododge (Post 2828855)
It's all in good fun Andy, at least with me it is...

You have to admit though, that would have been funny too. Blake has an iphone, and knowing him he has a swamp full of apps. I'm sure he'll chime in in a bit.

Happy Birthday ol man!!!!!

I actually posted without reading your post as I figured it was boring and generally filled with the usual hot air.

However, you would be mistaken. I am an app minimalist. I like functional apps that are useful and try not to crowd my storage with stuff like the Zippo lighter app...

[laugh]

cincydiesel 08-25-2010 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by CamperAndy (Post 2828845)

Andy, by no means am I trying to bait you into any situation here. You seem to take a strong hold towards the liberal beliefs in which I respect. Sometimes you bring a good argument to the table. I was only trying to help..

Regardless... Happy Birthday sir[coffee]

CamperAndy 08-25-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2828864)
I am an app minimalist. I like functional apps that are useful and try not to crowd my storage with stuff like the Zippo lighter app...

[laugh]

Well I am a app novice and do not want to waste time with apps that for the most part waste time and as you say space. I guess my first question should have been clearer.

I am looking for apps that people on here find useful. Apps that may be used as part of a hobby like star charts or geocaching for example. I agree the Zippo app is a waste of space unless you are 15 and have a no idea the true capability of the piece of technology that you have in your hand is truly capable of.

CamperAndy 08-25-2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2828865)
You seem to take a strong hold towards the liberal beliefs in which I respect. Sometimes you bring a good argument to the table.

That is part of the Devils Advocate thing, I don't believe most of the left leaning positions I take, it is just to stir debate up so that those that do take a truly right wing position can see that maybe a more moderate stance would actually be better. But I can't blame you for thinking I am a lefty, I seem to be very convincing to some on here.

Blake Clark 08-25-2010 04:39 PM

A few more (sorry been in and out of the office)

Traveling as much as I do I like the TV Guide App. Lets me see whats on in the evenings no matter where I am.

Check out Vehicle Logbook. Lets you track MPG, service intervals etc. I use Sunrise / Sunset in the hunting season for stated info.

I also have a WhereIsWyoDodge app. Got it through the CIA app store. Works pretty good.

CamperAndy 08-25-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2828907)
I also have a WhereIsWyoDodge app. Got it through the CIA app store. Works pretty good.

I saw something similar on BlackHelos.gov but did not think that free was cheap enough.