Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

IPod touch apps

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IPod touch apps

Just got an IPod touch for my birthday. I want to get some apps to use on it and want recomendations on what you guys like.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Happy Birthday Andy
Old 08-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My wifwe has a touch. I'll have to see what she has on it
Old 08-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CamperAndy
Just got an IPod touch for my birthday. I want to get some apps to use on it and want recomendations on what you guys like.
I'm sure CNN has a app.. or this one http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/proud...342083576?mt=8

Happy Birthday..

Last edited by cincydiesel; 08-25-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Took Smiley face off.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
I'm sure CNN has a app.. or this one http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/proud...342083576?mt=8

Is that the one you use?

I have FOX news.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Mr. Eric is on a roll...
Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wyododge
Mr. Eric is on a roll...
I've been told baiting is in bad form on here Jeff but it is too often a one way street. Had I really bit I may have got in trouble but since he thought he was being funny it will slide but it does make it hard to ask a benign question and expect a real response. At least he did not post up the Illegal Alien route map app with water hole locations.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

I've been told baiting is in bad form on here Jeff but it is too often a one way street. Had I really bit I may have got in trouble but since he thought he was being funny it will slide but it does make it hard to ask a benign question and expect a real response. At least he did not post up the Illegal Alien route map app with water hole locations.
It's all in good fun Andy, at least with me it is...

You have to admit though, that would have been funny too. Blake has an iphone, and knowing him he has a swamp full of apps. I'm sure he'll chime in in a bit.

Happy Birthday ol man!!!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy Birthday Andy!

If you are looking for a time killer try Labryinth.

Shazam comes in handy for identifying a song playing that you cant.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by wyododge
It's all in good fun Andy, at least with me it is...

You have to admit though, that would have been funny too. Blake has an iphone, and knowing him he has a swamp full of apps. I'm sure he'll chime in in a bit.

Happy Birthday ol man!!!!!
I actually posted without reading your post as I figured it was boring and generally filled with the usual hot air.

However, you would be mistaken. I am an app minimalist. I like functional apps that are useful and try not to crowd my storage with stuff like the Zippo lighter app...

Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Andy, by no means am I trying to bait you into any situation here. You seem to take a strong hold towards the liberal beliefs in which I respect. Sometimes you bring a good argument to the table. I was only trying to help..

Regardless... Happy Birthday sir
Old 08-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
I am an app minimalist. I like functional apps that are useful and try not to crowd my storage with stuff like the Zippo lighter app...

Well I am a app novice and do not want to waste time with apps that for the most part waste time and as you say space. I guess my first question should have been clearer.

I am looking for apps that people on here find useful. Apps that may be used as part of a hobby like star charts or geocaching for example. I agree the Zippo app is a waste of space unless you are 15 and have a no idea the true capability of the piece of technology that you have in your hand is truly capable of.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
You seem to take a strong hold towards the liberal beliefs in which I respect. Sometimes you bring a good argument to the table.
That is part of the Devils Advocate thing, I don't believe most of the left leaning positions I take, it is just to stir debate up so that those that do take a truly right wing position can see that maybe a more moderate stance would actually be better. But I can't blame you for thinking I am a lefty, I seem to be very convincing to some on here.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:39 PM

A few more (sorry been in and out of the office)

Traveling as much as I do I like the TV Guide App. Lets me see whats on in the evenings no matter where I am.

Check out Vehicle Logbook. Lets you track MPG, service intervals etc. I use Sunrise / Sunset in the hunting season for stated info.

I also have a WhereIsWyoDodge app. Got it through the CIA app store. Works pretty good.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
I also have a WhereIsWyoDodge app. Got it through the CIA app store. Works pretty good.
I saw something similar on BlackHelos.gov but did not think that free was cheap enough.

Quick Reply: IPod touch apps