Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I like BF 1942, who else is a gamer? (PC, not RPG)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My roommates and I would play Battlefield for hours back in freshman year. We downloaded the Desert combat version, that was sick.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:14 PM

Regular old xbox and James Bond games by EA. my wife loves to play James Bond (favorite is Nightfire) in team mode and wreck havock. Her favorite is to set the weapons to explosives and fly rockets around the areas as i cover her with grenade launchers for the close up punch. When we first met i would play it and she was like um ok and read a book now she is addicted to the games. When i was home she would ask wanna blow stuff up. LOL nice to have a wife who enjoys playing also. She likes the 1st person perspective she cant get the 3rd person view down (Nor I).
Old 11-13-2006, 07:31 PM

I am a gaming. I enjoy pc games and console games. BF2 on pc is sweet. The xbox 360 is a great piece of hardware, so much power for so little buck. My game of choice right now is gears of war on 360. By far one of the best games I have ever played, it is up there with halo and halo 2.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Muted User

Well lets see. I am 22 years old. I have lived through the dawn of bad Edited by Admin computer and console games.

I have played video games extensivley since Sega (no not sega genesis), NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, etc. At the dawn of PC gaming I owned a Mac, and I played the only first person shooter availiable for mac, called Marathon, which came out a year or so after Doom and had far better graphics etc.

As of current, I play Day of Defeat, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142. Mainly Battlefield 2142 though, since it is the newest and most up to date.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I play PS2, mainly Socom 2 online, Gran Turismo 4, and Guitar Hero.

And Digital Bullet, how do you already have a PS3? I've got one preordered, should be able to pick it up Friday...
Old 11-13-2006, 09:41 PM

Just a thought.....

So, should we get a BF 1942 DTR Game going??

John
Old 11-14-2006, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by bentwings
I played NASCAR 2004 for 18 hours straight right after I got it. haha.

I figured out how to remove the restrictor plate for the 3 restrictor races. It's really cool to lap Teladaga at 225 plus. It also removes it for the competitors too so it make for a real interesting race. New meaning to drafting. haha

I also had Aces of the Pacific. probably my favorite Sim. I played it to finish many times.
awww man, please tell me how to remove the restrictor plates.....must be a cheat....

I am in the NASCAR 07 phaze right now. I am doing the Fight to the top mode, adn I am killing. I got my Nextell contract 10 weeks into the year, and I am in 25th in points now... Leading busch series, and also leading open wheel modifieds...

I love the medal of honor games, or pretty much any kind of WWII sim. I guess I will have to try the BF 1942, I was afraid it was a cheap knock off of the medal of honor games, that is why I have not tried it....
Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I play BF1942 Desert Combat patch online. Love the Berlin map.

MikeyB
Old 11-14-2006, 08:07 AM

my pc is too old to play the games I want to play. COD barley runs. Well, I guess thats why I'm building a new pc for my birthday . I have too many addictions: diesels, computers, home theater, the woman, everything else...I need a vacation.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Command and Conquer Red Alert once in awhile.
I'll have to look up BF1942. I have never heard of it before.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:12 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by HappyGA
I love the medal of honor games, or pretty much any kind of WWII sim. I guess I will have to try the BF 1942, I was afraid it was a cheap knock off of the medal of honor games, that is why I have not tried it....
Originally Posted by Marine
I'll have to look up BF1942. I have never heard of it before.
For the both of you: This is a info page on BF 1942

This is a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet game. I haven't gone to BF2 or BF2142 yet. Something about flying the Mustangs, Zero's, Spitfires and B17's that's just hot!!

I HIGHLY suggest getting a copy. You can get the whole WWII Anthology of BF 1942 for like $30 brand new. Check Amazon.com.

John
Old 11-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Muted User

Red Alert was my favorite game, back around middle school. I remember going to this local Cyber Cafe (one of the first ones around, anywhere, that I knew of) and myself and about 7 others would get a LAN game going and sometimes play for half a day or even a whole day.

Before Red Alert actually, I enjoyed the original C&C, and the last one I have had the pleasure of owning/playing was Tiberian Sun, which I think is from a couple/few years ago.

It really stinks that I must be off to work now, all this talk of video games is really making me want to play some.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:39 AM

Bf 1942

Here are some videos for those at work who want to live vicariously through this!

For those unknowing about BF 1942:

BF Trailer

BF Trailer 2

P.S. I am stuck at work and spending too much time on this!! LOL

Enjoy!

John
Old 11-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Chapter President

OMG!!!! I used to play these so much. Actually in my younger days I beat every game in the series.. Lets see there was the original, RA (with two expansions), RA 2 (1 expansion), Tiberian Sun(did it have an expansion? maybe), The Dune games. Generals with Expansion. Man I love command and conquer just haven't played it recently. Waiting for the new one to come out soon.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:17 AM

Xbox here Halo2 mainly, MX vs ATV for some fun too. GSXRCrazy

Quick Reply: I like BF 1942, who else is a gamer? (PC, not RPG)