Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

how clean is to clean?

Old 02-26-2009, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how clean is to clean?

im the kind of guy i'll let my truck only get dust on it and try to wash it as often as possible. all my buddies around town let their truck get thrashed and leave them all muddy. some of them tell me im a little crazy about how clean i keep and what not. i like to keep the undercarriage clean as possible, i spraypaint it all the time to help keep dirt off and give it the nice look.

what do all you other guys do? i know im not the only guy who does this but whats your opinions?
thanks david
Old 02-26-2009, 02:15 PM

i like to keep my vehicles clean as well... sometimes i let them go for a little bit if there is more rain in the forcast but other then that my cars stay clean. my truck on the other hand never got washed unless it rained... when i was in the mud i would hose off the driveline,brakes, windows ect but left the body muddy. it looked better, the paint wasnt the best.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 PM

I enjoy cleaning vehicles. One of the best part time jobs I ever had was working at a truck wash. I would pull the truck in the bay everyday I worked and wash it before I headed home.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:47 PM

If you only knew how much I put into my truck as far as cleaning it and keeping it clean..... I think I have a slight case of MAJOR OCD!! There is not enough space on this page to tell you how crazy I am, and the worst thing is, I hate doing it.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to see clean - look at Jim Lane's pictures ... I never knew that a truck could ever be that clean.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:49 PM

One of the local carwashes has an option called "The Speed Pass". You pick out which wash package you want, multiply by 3, and they do an automatic payment on your checking account for the total. You get unlimited washes for the month and there is a special line for speed passes only. NO WAITING IN LINE ON NICE DAYS!! I pay $42 dollars a month. I think it makes my wife mad when she calls my cell and asks, "Where are you, the car wash?" I defintely get my money's worth. It doesn't take much to make a blue truck look dirty. Makes me wish this one was white, like my old one.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:54 PM

alright good to know haha! ya Jim's truck is amazing! and dslpwr81 i know how you feel. any free time i get to myself im always taking something off of my truck and cleaining in places no one will ever see
Old 02-26-2009, 06:43 PM

IMO there is nothing that makes you feel better than someone saying,"Man, thats a good look'n truck". It should show you someone notices the time and effort you spend keeping your truck clean and looking good.
Jay
Old 02-26-2009, 07:38 PM

I can't sleep if my truck is dirty. When I was a seabee in the navy I drove a Volvo-white cabover and recruiting exhibit semi trailer around the country, it needed to be clean all the time for the shows. I would get goosebumps when it was in the semi wash bay getting scrubbed down...a physical reaction to washing a truck! Polishing the tanks and wheels just gave me an arm cramp though.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My truck gets washed every time it rains. I'm not too big on washin the big ole dually. I don't like doing it!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:09 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I have three cues it time to wash my truck.
1. Im about to take a road trip. Afterall, a clean truck runs better.
2. The wife starts complaining about the truck being a mess.
3. People at work start complaining about the mess Im leaving in the parking lot.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 PM

i like the variety of opinions thanks!

so how bout interior? i try to keep mine spotless. concidering right now its almost gutted. do you think its crazy to every so often lift up the carpet and get the fine sand that settles underneath?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:30 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by DU.DP.
i like the variety of opinions thanks!

so how bout interior? i try to keep mine spotless. concidering right now its almost gutted. do you think its crazy to every so often lift up the carpet and get the fine sand that settles underneath?
the trash gets cleaned out from under the seats when the wife complains about a funnier smell in there...
Old 02-26-2009, 09:45 PM

I'm afraid if I washed ol' Stinky there wouldn't be anything left when I was done.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Hell I dont even know what color my truck is anymore.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how clean is to clean?