Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Government grants ??? For immigrants??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Government grants ??? For immigrants??

Hey everyone, NOT to sure if this is acceptable to even post in here ???? But here goes..... I have been planning on RELOCATING to the fine state of OHIO, for some time now.....I do have some money to try and start a business, but I have heard that the U.S. government puts money aside to help and invest in small business's.....I have gone through all the proper channels to get in the country, I do have some skills to offer and will employ others as well.......I guess I will be an IMMIGRANT, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I should turn to seek some financial assistance ??? I am NOT wanting to move here for someone else to take care of me or live off of welfare, I want to start a small truck business and need some help to get inventory bought.......I would appriciate any help....I have looked all over the internet, but only keep comming up with the; "send us $59.99 and we will gaurentee you $25,000.00 in government grants" I want to talk with someone that can lead me in the right direction......thanks....canucktrucks....P.S. ..Hope you guys dont feel like I am trying to invade your country or get something that is only offered to minorities......I have tried for years in CANADA to get some help, but up here we are punished and looked down on for trying to own your own company.......
Old 04-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
There are no business grants available that I know of, but there are small business loans available at reduced rates to help a business get started.

Do a search on small business loans, you should see all the info you desire.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:23 PM
DPG

The federal agency that oversees the type of assistance that you are seeking is called the Small Business Administration. You might try a google search using those words in quotes.

Good Luck!
Old 04-04-2004, 08:28 PM

"Hope you guys dont feel like I am trying to invade your country or get something that is only offered to minorities."

No way...I'd only feel that way if you were unskilled and holding a homeless sign! But, if you do come to the U.S. make sure you only tell your like-minded friends about all we have to offer...we need more people who are willing to use the system, not abuse it!
Old 04-04-2004, 10:17 PM

Some excellent info here.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:54 PM

Question Many thanks, but......

Many thanks to all of you for your help....... and I am NOT trying to get out of paying, but Are you sure there are NO such things as grants to new comers wanting to start a business????? I have just found in the past that with most small business loans, and such, they want to see a background, or some previous statements, ??? Since I will be NEW to the country and my business is brand NEW, I just dont think too many will line up to lend me money ???? ...Your thoughts are appriciated......canuck