Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Frozen Solid New Year Break Room 12/31-1/6 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/frozen-solid-new-year-break-room-12-31-1-6-a-329534/)

j_martin 12-31-2017 07:26 AM

Frozen Solid New Year Break Room 12/31-1/6

So dang cold here this morning the weather report on my computer froze up before it painted the graphs. Put a little pan heater on the Honda last night, and put a running heat gun under it this morning about a half hour ago. Hope it goes when I twist her tail.

Originally Posted by oliver foster (Post 3341213)
You could always slam on the brakes a few time to slosh the contents of the tank around and try and mix up your witches brew.
I don't want to sell a VE pump, so I am hoping it works out fine for you.

Oh Oh, now you kicked the backup plan bucket out from under me. I don't think a motor oil and #2 fuel jello will slosh at -24 degrees, so I'll have to wait for the experiment. The whole first gen board is waiting for the mayhem report.

Coffee's on, Didn't put the ph00 on because I still don't know if Bobby is stuck to the pavement in the frost in Florida. Eggs on the counter, and frying pan on the stove, make em like you like em. There's some leftover venison steak in the fridge you can either warm up for a side, or chop up into your scrambled eggs.

Mexstan 12-31-2017 07:40 AM

Good morning John - and the rest of you for when you finally wake up. Thanks for the coffee. Venison steak and eggs, now you are talking my language! Yummy, thanks.

Oh boy, I feel for you in those temperatures. Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt and very definitely do NOT want to do that any more. Cold is relative and we woke up this morning to a freezing (for us) 40F. That forced me to put a light sweater on as we have no central heat in the house. The sun is now coming up, so expect in 2 or 3 hours to back outside in shorts and comfortable in mid 70's temps.

Lazy day planned for today. Hope that the rest of you have a great day - once you get your butts unfrozen.

See yuh.

oliver foster 12-31-2017 08:20 AM

J,
I would think warming the motor oil and #2 up in the house BEFORE pouring it in the tank might help it do a little sloshing.
I am sure the wife would love a bucket or two of old motor oil in the kitchen warming up...[laugh]

Thanks for the venison steak and eggs. Yum.

Today was the first morning that I woke up too it being warmer than -20 in about a week up here in VT.

Enjoy the last day of 2017 guys!

cougar 12-31-2017 11:31 AM

Getting hit by high winds and warm temperatures. In my area, the gusts are only to 40mph, in other areas much higher. The temperatures are in the mid 30°s and slowly sliding back down from 40° last night. Turned the dragon loose, maybe he will thaw out things a little.
Making a fresh pot of coffee before heading out to the cabin again. Found out the wiring is messed up after replacing a GFI in the bathroom. My list is growing.

sherod 12-31-2017 01:28 PM

Glad to be up and running again. All my human systems were either too plugged, too loose, too warm or too cold. Now just a regular old fashioned chest cold. A friend dropped by a mason jar of home brew. Haven't tasted it yet but a sniff burned my nose. Bet it knocks the heck out of the cold, or at least makes me forget about it!

Hope nothing but the best for you Guy's in the New Year!

j_martin 12-31-2017 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by oliver foster (Post 3341248)
J,
I would think warming the motor oil and #2 up in the house BEFORE pouring it in the tank might help it do a little sloshing.
I am sure the wife would love a bucket or two of old motor oil in the kitchen warming up...[laugh]

On the other hand, if that experiment fails, I'm the one that'll be out in the cold. I think I'll pass.

Originally Posted by sherod (Post 3341261)
Glad to be up and running again. All my human systems were either too plugged, too loose, too warm or too cold. Now just a regular old fashioned chest cold. A friend dropped by a mason jar of home brew. Haven't tasted it yet but a sniff burned my nose. Bet it knocks the heck out of the cold, or at least makes me forget about it!

Hope nothing but the best for you Guy's in the New Year!

When I was in the Navy in the 60's, based in Charleston, I was visiting a friend in North Carolina, and I had a killer cold. He handed me a pint mason jar of that good stuff. I drank some (don't remember how much), flopped over backwards, slept about 10 hours, and woke up cured.

FiverBob 12-31-2017 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin (Post 3341240)
Coffee's on, Didn't put the ph00 on because I still don't know if Bobby is stuck to the pavement in the frost in Florida.

FROST???? WHAT FROST??? WHERE FROST???? Oh, you mean Frosty the snow man - - but he is not down here - - he up north. It is going to get cold here tonight. Going to be in the 50's. Brrrr. 60's tomorrow. I ain't complaining after listening to you guys.

Been looking out for the wife all afternoon after church this morning. Just now got computer turned on. Hope all have a great night and a FANTASTIC NEW YEAR.

....................[coffee].......................Ph00................:cool:

FiverBob 01-01-2018 07:03 AM

Hmmm!!!! Looks like everyone took my last statement last night to heart and they stayed up half the night. Still zonked out - - hopefully just from lack of sleep..............:o

Put fresh coffee and ph00 on to help wake up. Did not bring food - - not after what you ate last night.

Anywho - - - HAPPY NEWYEAR, SLEEPY HEADS. Hope it is a great one for all.

.........................[coffee]

oliver foster 01-01-2018 07:51 AM

Bob, I worked in the shop on my '91 and had a few IPAs till about 9 PM and then went too bed early.
I did hear some fireworks going off locally just before midnight.
I left some apple fritters on the counter as I just had turkey noodle soup and a salad for dinner...I am hungry.
Off to stoke the ever hungry wood stove. Not much warmer around here today.

Mexstan 01-01-2018 08:04 AM

Good morning everybody. What's that groaning and mumbling sound I hear every now and then?

Bob, thanks for the coffee. Oliver, thanks for the apple fritter, it goes well with Bob's coffee. Been up for hours already but did not get around to making coffee. Went to bed a bit later than normal as I got hooked on a book that I was given for Christmas. It's 704 pages long and I am already 3/4 thru it.

My wife needed some lemons so have just come back inside from picking some off the tree in our back yard. Another lovely day has dawned. Am I being cruel by saying that I have a two person swing on my terrace and yesterday after church my wife and I were sitting in it and enjoying the 77 degree weather before heading out for a delicious Mexican lunch. The tortillas that came with the lunch were so fresh and hot that they were hard to hold without burning a hand. Of course we ate at an outdoors restaurant.

Is it true that the weather for the first 12 days of the new year indicate what the rest of the year will be like? So far I am very much liking 2018.

Time for me to meander down to the kitchen and enjoy a fresh fruit breakfast.

Hope that all of you have a fantastic 2018 and some, if not all of your dreams and desires are met.

Ciao.

Scotty 01-01-2018 08:53 AM

Happy New Year!
Had a gruelling ice cold slippery wreck filled trip home and got here last night.
-56 wind chill?

all the best to all of you this year.

madhat 01-01-2018 11:06 AM

Afternoon, all. Happy New Year. Didn't stay up late to see the ball drop or anything...

Just checking in to say hi. Hope everyone is doing well in this cold.

cougar 01-01-2018 11:12 AM

Forgive my lack of enthusiasm, I had a bad night. Thank God for warm purring kitties.
Came in to grab a cup of Joe and a fritter, found one behind the counter.
The storm missed us, but there is another on its way in. Currently back in the 20°, but warming as the storm comes in. A chance of rain and/or freezing rain.

Ol-dodge 1992 01-01-2018 12:27 PM

Happy new year guys!!

Not terribly thrilled when I flushed the toilet this morning and the tank didn't start to fill up... yep! Water froze up last night ... which is odd as it's little warmer than it has been

Well no one is open so I can't replace the heat trace cable... got the line thawed out with hair dryer and loosely rewrapped and taped the insulation back on

I'll get new heat trace cable tomorrow and fix after work

Anybody gonna watch the college football playoffs tonight? I think Clemson beats Bama and then Oklahoma beats Clemson for the championship??!!??

My wife's from Birmingham so it will be a looooong week if Bama does get beat!!!!

oliver foster 01-02-2018 07:43 AM

-33F here this morning and the power went out for about 6 hours last night.
I had to empty the outdoor furnace so it didn't over boil without the pumps on. Then at midnight when the power came back on, start it up again.
All is good and the water pipes still are all working...Yeah!

Coffee and hot water for tea is on...you guy are in charge of snacks.

L8R