Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Marine Corps Breakroom 070902-070908

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First day that the recruits learn how to use their rifle to kill... should be interesting. Long days on the range.
Ahh the good ol' days of snappin' in. I can still feel the cramps in my hips and the ever-numb left hand. Semper Fi
Old 09-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by l jobb
Don't hold back on those feelings SDI Madhat tell it like it is...

Mark Mark Mark I see we need to schedule a little shall we call it diversity/sensitivity training. writing on the black board 1000 times. I am a naughty SDI I am a naughty SDI
Well, he is!!!!!!!!! Dis-gust-ing!!!

Just had some chow... gas chamber chicken... Tasty!! I'll be paying for it later...

I'm in the office right now for about 5 minutes, had to grab some paperwork, it's nice and cool in here, almost want to take a nap... Nope, gotta get back on the boys!!

Hope everyone is having a good one.

-mad
Old 09-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by PChouinard
Ahh the good ol' days of snappin' in. I can still feel the cramps in my hips and the ever-numb left hand. Semper Fi
Does the phrase " Elbows and toes" mean anything to you?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 AM

Does the phrase " Elbows and toes" mean anything to you?
I can't remember using that phrase at MCRD Hollywood but i do remember good sight picture and perfect sight alignment. It's been 11 years since I,ve seen a Marine Rifle range and I was coaching then. We only fire 25M in the Air National Guard here. kinda sucks, I'd love to get back on a KD range sometime.. I miss my M-2 .50 also.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:53 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Jeesh, do I feel old....

army range after VietNam was M14 carbines, M-16 toys, .50 cal machine guns (fun! til the barrel burned out) and M203 grenade launcher.
no regiment; just shoot to kill.

NEVER could understand why they wanted to be a drill sergeant at the grenade wall...scary to see some nervous recruits pull the pin and toss it- instead of the grenade.......

MADHATTER- actions reflect leadership yada yada... try SNR exemplifies
the rigorous high standards for disbarment (or whatever you call getting kicked out). I did that with a few New York State police/ corrections recruits when I taught at the academies. No one ever called me in.......

insipid - polite way of saying too stupid.

hold the line, my son- you'll get through this company just fine!
leave the negative stuff behind and embrace the idiots! Ahhh! I love my job!
higher ups will notice, good things come to those who look like they care...

all packed, waiting to head out tomorrow at 0300
GOOD TO SEE ya Dually and CHAIKWAfriend!
heheh yeah, I JOBB, I do love the people of the North country! hard work, good food and exercise all year round. can do more with hand tools and eager to share or get together! my kind of folks..

heidi going out to put the harley starter back together
Old 09-04-2007, 04:05 PM

Afternoon all,

Houston, 80's & Tstorm now.
Still dealing with Texas DMV or what ever they call it. Haven't got a streight answer on "do I need a CDL?" This is for the truck GVWR 11K toGVWR 10,423. Getting paper work from eyeball Dr that says I meet Texas vision requirment.

Washed truck ystdy, Up the chance of rain to 100% and boy did it rain. Did get pool time at sisters.

Wannabe, nice pix. Do you go out on the water in your tug boat?

CIN breakfast was good, thanks

Gonna have to start dinner soon, spaghetti night.

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by PChouinard
I can't remember using that phrase at MCRD Hollywood
It means that, while you are in the prone, you get on your toes and elbows, and nothing else...
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

MADHATTER- actions reflect leadership yada yada... try SNR exemplifies
the rigorous high standards for disbarment (or whatever you call getting kicked out). I did that with a few New York State police/ corrections recruits when I taught at the academies. No one ever called me in.......

insipid - polite way of saying too stupid.

hold the line, my son- you'll get through this company just fine!
leave the negative stuff behind and embrace the idiots! Ahhh! I love my job!
higher ups will notice, good things come to those who look like they care...
I'm gonna save some of those phrases...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:24 PM

Mark, anytime you want to release some "troop frustration", just remember, we're here to lend a "broad shoulder" cuz, many of us have been there, done that and have the stripes to prove it. It matters not the uniform you wear, but that you took the time to serve your country. 2, 4, 6, 10, 20 or even the big 30: it all counts in my neighborhood. Yeah, I know, I put in some time as a career counselor.....I hope you won't hold that against me. It was square that had to be checked off in SAC. Yes, .......I've been SACmsized.....

~Dave
Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

No worries, Dave. Thanks!
Most recent drama... I dropped some kids for drugs the other day, and one of them came back because of the numbers game. Never had a kid come back that was positive on the pee test... This is dragging motivation down...

104 days... 104 days. I feel dirty inside for counting the days at something that I used to love. Better them than my career or my families well being.

Semper...what?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
good to see MomHat is fixing the MadHat...

busy here. buddy gave me his truck. he needs it till next spring.
but, I have to keep it running till then, then, it's mine, free.
not sure a '97 Ranger is worth the effort....

nice pics of the yard, JWBM...just get that homeless lady out of yer tugboat....

is that the house, or the resort? i showed wife the pics, she said we can come visit you now.

she wants to know is there a Purse selling store nearby?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:47 PM
DTR Mom

Talking Too Much of a Good Thing....

Carborundum! Semper Carborundum! (Always a hard grind) LOL

remember, when you 'disconnect' from your mission- and motivation IS your mission- you are all by yourself to handle everything alone. why make it tougher?
Be the supervisor the lower DIs and even the knotheads can look to for the straight answer, sound judgement and proof of heart (to stick it out no matter what, just for a buddy). Do it for yourself cause Momma sure didn't raise no sore loser! Your wife didn't marry a man SHE has to take care of!miller chelada beer to you from me, pat on the shoulder and telling you to 'get this squared away marine".

How's Chrisr R? can't find his way here cause he is a Coastie?

here's a pic for ya Davey, notice the laughter! we had a blast, don't dare put the four horse motor on it! spin yourself silly...LOL
Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Anytime visit! house has five bedrooms and a seperate apartment

just don't tell her that over 100 retail outlets are 70 miles East (Prada, etc.)
95 acres of wildlife, one acre pond for swimming and koi. occasional bear in the raspberry acres, deer settling in now for the apples (orchards) pear trees shaken for the wineries already, very happy bees. (they get drunk from the left over fruit) streams, waterfall and trails all over the mountain. horse or 4 wheeler - your choice. I cook dinner at 5PM; better be washed and ready to eat by six, husband came from family of nine. no leftovers....ever.

son eats like a horse, very quiet, but finally getting enlisted end of this week or beginning of next for the Army National Guard- yee haw! we can make him do KP... relax in front of the fire, special dessert wine or your choice of beverage for the romantic...
Old 09-04-2007, 09:00 PM

JUSTWANNABEME.... "Special" "VERY" SPECIAL OPPS

Looks like special ops to me... (LOL) I'm not going to talk trash or put anyone down, I think anyone who serves their country "including the coast guard" deserves a pat on the back... I just got out in January of this year after 5 years in San diego and 2 years in Cherry Point, NC. I went to Iraq 4 times and was part of the USS COLE ops when they were bombed in Aden, Yemen in 2000. I just took what I learned in the fleet and am now fat dumb and happy making 3X the money being a power plant operator...
Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Well just got back from Detroit, 425 miles on less than 12 gal of gas,NOT BAD (WAS RUNNING 75 MOST OF THE TIME) THATS 35+ MPG IN MY BOOK!:
HAD SAFE TRIP ,PICKED UP MY CARVINGS AND MY PRIZE(2ND&3RD PLACE RIBBONS.)
WOW ,BROTHER-IN LAW GAVE ME SOM NEAT CUMPUTER PARTS, I`M DEFINATELLY GOING TO UP GRADE, PENTIUM 4 120 GIG HARD DRIVE 7200RPM
(HE KEPT THE 2 -10,000 RPM HARD DRIVES HE HAD)hE IS BIG ON GAMING SO HAS REFRIGERATED HEAT SINKS IN MOTHERBOARD HE GAVE ME,SHOULD BE A SMOKER,EAVEN AN AIRCONDITIONER THAT FITS IN THE EXTRA CD-ROM TRAY.
IF I CAN GET THIS ALL WORKING ,WELL ANY HOW MOST ANYTHING WILL BE FASTER THAN THIS CUMPUTER.
NIGHT ALL!
CLAUDE TEA BREWED IN SOME RECRUTES SOCK,HMM (HEY MAD , THIS STUF HAS A STRANGE FLAVOR !)
Old 09-05-2007, 12:46 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Something happened today...

If you have been paying attention, you know I have been in Brunei. This is a dry country. Alcohol sales are forbidden period.

Today, I headed home. I landed in singapore with a 9 or 10 hour layover and since its not with the same airline, I cant sit in the secured area.

As I walk thru immagration and passport control, there is a couple guys on the other side passing out little cups of Lemonaid sure, Ill have a shot. then he tells me its a mixture of Lemonaid, Johnny Walker, and some sour liquour. . and politely lets me know that I can pick up a bottle of Johnny Walker in the duty free shop he is standing in front of. I grab another and say thanks, I will get one on my way back out

Im starting to like singapore. They knew EXACTLY what I needed....

Quick Reply: DTR Marine Corps Breakroom 070902-070908