Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   DTR Breakroom and Intervention Center (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/dtr-breakroom-intervention-center-253337/)

chaikwa 09-27-2009 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2588740)
Using power equipment and cutting things up.. What not to like about that?

They took out all the wood shop equipment after my senior year. Put in a whole bunch of computers. Sad, I learned alot in that class. I use things learned in the class everyday at work.

They cut this shop teachers classes back from 8 periods a day to 2. He had to find part time work elsewhere.

The whole point of what I'm doing with them is to bring them back to basics, show them where their lumber really comes from and what's involved in making it. In the process, we'll also show them the positive points of sustainability in the forest. I have my forester on board and he'll be presenting with me. I also have the local Natural Resources office of the USDA as well as the Michigan DNR on board to do a few other presentations later in the year if this first one goes over well. Hopefully, we'll start a trend that will raise some interest in the woodshop program, (which is an elective), as well as raise some of their interests in careers in the wood and environmental communities.

chaikwa.

FiverBob 09-27-2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 2588504)
Puppies are sometimes rejected by their mother if they are born by cesarean and cleaned up before being given back to her.

Jake!

That's what happened to me - - mama didn't want me. [dummy][verymad][laugh]

Can't say I could blame her - - she was 5'4" and 120 pounds. I popped out at 9lb14oz. I was a big one from the start - - 24" long - - doc told my father (5'7" tall) you have a 6'er, sir. Well, I finally stopped at 6'4".

Afternoon gang - - busy day so far - - just got in from church and lunch. Now a committee meeting in one hour. Hey, I want my nappypoo.

Heidi - - good to hear from you, gal - - thought you had fallen off the hog and gone to heaven. [nonono]

And instant ph00 -- who are we kidding? There ain't no such thing as ph00 that is instant. Ph00 is never instant - - hear ye hear - - ph00 is not instant. [director][yuk] So, guess I will just have to drink that regular stuff - - horrors. Normal coffee - - horrors. Oh well. See ya,

Bobby

Totallyrad 09-27-2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2588520)
Had a really bad storm here last night in the middle of the night... came outside this morning to half of a big oak tree laying down in the yard. It was more in my neighbors yard, missed their house and cars by inches. Just the other day they were talking about wanting it gone... guess they got it!

Looked at the pics Mark, they're lucky but the rest of that tree looks like a train wreck as well. Hopefully they'll get it down before it hurts someone.

Originally Posted by bigfoot (Post 2588511)
Wow I’m only the second one up this morning? Were the coffee, OK got it. Must have been a party somewhere and no one told me. Today I am 52 years old and feel 82, someone tell me the pains don’t get any worse .[laugh]So far only knees back and feet along with one shoulder.

Happy Birthday Bigfoot!

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2588555)
By the title of the new breakroom this could be a long week. Can I get a patch on some of that weird gum? Happy Birthday Bigfoot.. Rick and Scott will be happy that their not the only old guys around[tapdshut]

Hey, we resemble that remark!

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 2588556)
Fine.

JAKE! C'mere, do the history thing for 'B.O.B.' (Big Ol Blake)....

All dogs can be traced back 40 million years ago to a weasel-like animal called the Miacis which dwelled in trees and dens. The Miacis later evolved into the Tomarctus, a direct forbearer of the genus Canis, which includes the wolf and jackal as well as the dog.

Ancient Egyptians revered their dogs. When a pet dog would die, the owners shaved off their eyebrows, smeared mud in their hair, and mourned aloud for days.

Small quantities of grapes and raisins can cause renal failure in dogs. Chocolate, macadamia nuts, cooked onions, or anything with caffeine can also be harmful.

Apple and pear seeds contain arsenic, which may be deadly to dogs.

Rock star Ozzy Osborne saved his wife Sharon’s Pomeranian from a coyote by tackling and wresting the coyote until it released the dog.

Dogs have sweat glands in between their paws.

In 2003, Dr. Roger Mugford invented the “wagometer” a device that claims to interpret a dog’s exact mood by measuring the wag of its tail.

Dogs have three eyelids. The third lid, called a nictitating membrane or “haw,” keeps the eye lubricated and protected.

A dog’s shoulder blades are unattached to the rest of the skeleton to allow greater flexibility for running.

Puppies are sometimes rejected by their mother if they are born by cesarean and cleaned up before being given back to her.

Jake!

Finally, a lesson we can use! Good job Jake.[laugh]

Afternoon folks. Glad to see the intervention is going well, no animals being abused.:cool: A few more months of shock treatments will have have you as good as new.[laugh]

Fronty Owner 09-27-2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob (Post 2588760)
And instant ph00 -- who are we kidding? There ain't no such thing as ph00 that is instant. Ph00 is never instant - - hear ye hear - - ph00 is not instant. [director][yuk] So, guess I will just have to drink that regular stuff - - horrors. Normal coffee - - horrors. Oh well. See ya,

Bobby

You ever been out of the US? The coffee is instant, the creamer is instant, the phoo is instant, the sugar has ants, the water is always hot.

Totallyrad 09-27-2009 02:54 PM

Bob, sorry for the instant phoo. We were out of coco and mushrooms for your home brew stuff.

Scott, nice program you're working on.:cool: I had wood working in high school and still use the lessons I learned there. The thing that stuck in mind the most, wait until the blade stops before sticking your finger in the saw.[duhhh] Shop teacher demonstrated that procedure while showing us the machines on the first day of class. The band saw kinda mangled his thumb a bit.[redface]

cincydiesel 09-27-2009 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 2588766)
Afternoon folks. Glad to see the intervention is going well, no animals being abused.:cool: A few more months of shock treatments will have have you as good as new.[laugh]

I'm having a hard time T-rad... May need a mentor and someone to talk to:(

Totallyrad 09-27-2009 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner (Post 2588767)
You ever been out of the US? The coffee is instant, the creamer is instant, the phoo is instant, the sugar has ants, the water is always hot.

Good, I can't stand drinking my ants while they're still trying to climb out of the cup.[laugh]

cincydiesel 09-27-2009 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 2588777)
Good, I can't stand drinking my ants while they're still trying to climb out of the cup.[laugh]

Ants??? I always thought those were just coffee grounds in coffee[yuk]

Totallyrad 09-27-2009 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2588781)
Ants??? I always thought those were just coffee grounds in coffee[yuk]

You would have to put coffee in the filter in order to get grounds in the pot. I don't think we've purchased any coffee in years.[laugh]

cincydiesel 09-27-2009 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 2588784)
You would have to put coffee in the filter in order to get grounds in the pot. I don't think we've purchased any coffee in years.[laugh]

Been running it through a old used Fleetguard Filter. Makes the coffee darker when it mixes with the old oil

Totallyrad 09-27-2009 03:24 PM

So that's what that plate is for on the side.[duhhh][laugh]

Fronty Owner 09-27-2009 03:26 PM

for the most part, there usually aren't many ants in the sugar, but there is always a few. you find them after you mix your coffee, just pick them out and drink it.. or keep them in since its something in your diet that isn't rice.

FiverBob 09-27-2009 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner (Post 2588767)

Well, let's see - - I had brewed in Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, New Zealand, Australia, Guatemala, Peru, the Caymans, Belize, Virgins, but did have to suffer thru an instant in one place in Mexico - - the rest were all brewed even there. Now, about the ants - - well, on second thought, let's not go there since I don't use cream or sugar, but I definitely was glad on several stops I take it black - - no doubt. [yuk][laugh]

Blake Clark 09-27-2009 04:30 PM

Now I cant speak for the mainlands but most Euro guys Ive ever encountered on foreign ships like NesCafe instant coffee....[yuk]

Thats if you can get them to get away from that dern tea stuff....

Afternoon Yall,

Replaced the ratty screen door on my front porch with a nice all glass unit.

Grill is lit, meat ready for grilling/quickqueing.

Life is good!

bigfoot 09-27-2009 05:09 PM

Afternoon all
Four slabs of ribs and two chickens in the freezer and one the table. The hunting trailer is ready for duty, generator cleaned up and sitting in the garage. Truck fueled and hooked to the trailer and I’m about to make myself a tall cold adult beverage ( happy B-day to me )[laugh]……at least I am as soon as I get done washing all this smoke off of me . I love BBQ but I hate smoke.[duhhh]