Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dogs chasing trucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 06:02 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dogs chasing trucks

Kinda off the wall here, but it's not like it's never done in here.<br>My neighbor and I have, for all purposes, identical trucks. Color, style, and basic configuration are pretty much the same. The biggest difference is his is a gas burner.<br>Dogs will go out of their way to chase mine while ignoring his. It doesn't matter who's driving and or riding in the vehicles.<br>I wonder if the turbo whine/squeal/noise is doing it? I know that a dogs audio range is much greater than us two legged animals. Some dogs tend to be more agressive than others.<br>Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?<br><br>shortround out
Old 02-19-2003, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Re:Dogs chasing trucks

Yeah, there &quot;was&quot; this fluffy looking dog that &quot;use&quot; to chase mine every time I went past this house in town. Well, seems the other day when it was icy, he ran across in front of me and apparently miscalculated when he went to go back across in front of me again. I haven't seen him since.<br>Maybe it is that turbo whine that attracts them, I don't know.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:55 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe y'all should get a Ford. Then the dogs couldn't keep up with you.... :P
Old 02-19-2003, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not the dogs problem, it is the problem of the jerk that lets the dog run loose and someday become a casualty.<br><br>I have four dogs, love dogs, but can't stand people who let them run loose and get in trouble - like when you hit them it is your fault! :<br><br>Come in world.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:02 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=11140;start=0#106383 date=1045659312]<br>Maybe y'all should get a Ford. Then the dogs couldn't keep up with you.... :P<br>[/quote]<br><br>Dang Hoss, I didn't now you could push a truck that fast.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:34 AM

You'd be surprised what you can do when a 90 pound German Shepard is gnawing on your backside....
Old 02-19-2003, 08:07 AM

[quote author=MrBilly link=board=10;threadid=11140;start=0#106385 date=1045659351]<br>It's not the dogs problem, it is the problem of the jerk that lets the dog run loose and someday become a casualty.<br><br>I have four dogs, love dogs, but can't stand people who let them run loose and get in trouble - like when you hit them it is your fault! :<br><br>Come in world. <br>[/quote]<br><br>That's the problem I have with cats. People just let 'em roam. It's illegal, but not enforced. We had a cop hit a dog that the neighbors down the street let run (or it just happened to get out daily &gt;) by my house. He asked whose it was because he was going to ticket them and make them responsible for the damage to the car! They didn't learn though, the next dog they got runs around just like the other one.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:13 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Penguins never chase a vehicle.<br>They can unhook chains, unlock doors and drive so they rarely have an issue like this.<br><br>
Old 02-19-2003, 08:17 AM

I forgot. I was going to add that the chows we used to have could tell our cars from about two blocks away!!! I had a PSD and a Suzuki cycle at the time, wife a Saab. We live on a busy street with cars going by all day and night. Those guys could tell our vehicles and start barking about two blocks away. There were plenty of PSD's that went by and they would only pick out mine!!! Should have seen the confusion ??? &gt; ??? when we pulled up in a different car and got out.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:46 AM

My Dad told me once somebody he knew (in the '50s) used to tie a rag on a hubcap and drive by just slow enough for the dog to grab ahold of it then speed up a bit. It tended to send the dog rolling through the ditch and cure them of chasing cars.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:52 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Shortround, maybe it is all those chicken bones you toss in the back of that truck, that has those dogs chasing you around ;D
Old 02-19-2003, 09:40 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

For some odd reason, I knew you guys would go off on a tangent. Any kind of answer, not mattering whether it was revelant to the subject matter or not, just as long as it was an answer. <br>I guess I could go and ask the dealer, might even get an answer further out in left field.<br>Trying to be serious now, I wonder if the turbo might affect their hearing to the point that the sound bothers them? They don't even bother with Ford and Chevy diesels. Only CTD's. Let's see now........... exhaust pulse rate of a 6 cylinder inline diesel, combined with the blade count of the exhaust and inlet spools, plus the rpm and rpm rate increase/decrease, and throw in a few injector pressure harmonics. Might be something to work with. <br>I've spent several 12 packs observing these dogs. Wonder if they are just chasing quality and not quantity? (Crap, I'm beginning to sound just like y'all now. Thanks Top!!!!!!)<br>Getting out of here before I start talking to myself.<br><br>shortround out
Old 02-19-2003, 10:32 AM

I've always said if you want to understand them then walk a mile in their shoes (paws). My suggestion would be to get down on your hands and knees and hang out with them for a while (just watch out of Gonzo). Lay around the yard, chew on some bones, chase a few trucks.....you'll get it figured out. Maybe they just like chasing CTD's. Most other vehicles on the road are probably too hard to catch.... :P ;D
Old 02-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=11140;start=0#106383 date=1045659312]<br>Maybe y'all should get a Ford. Then the dogs couldn't keep up with you.... :P<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Well, well, well!<br><br>Welcome back Hoss! <br>Its been a long time. <br><br>Welcome back!<br><br>Rich
Old 02-19-2003, 11:09 AM

Good to see you back, Hoss. I've missed your quick wit around here. <br><br>

Quick Reply: Dogs chasing trucks