Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cool Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Pics!

though these were some pretty cool pictures!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/578373
Old 02-27-2005, 10:40 PM

Pretty awesome....That jeep cracks me up tho....Its got some good articluation for being stock tooo. That pic with the dodge pullin the D9...thats AWESOME!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:44 PM

WOW!!!

Those pic's of the dozer in tow are impressive!! How much do you think that load wieghed?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:50 PM

No way on the D9?? That load would have crushed your truck to the ground. Good try!!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by kandgo
No way on the D9?? That load would have crushed your truck to the ground. Good try!!
I did the normal photoshop checks for a fake and it acutally looks legit. I didn't see any of the usual blurring or mismatched shadows. Plus, creating the smoke effect with correct shadows on a photoshopped image is fairly difficult. Either this is a professional photoshop or the trailer was loaded extremely tail heavy.

brandon.
(Shouldn't this be in the other section?)
Old 02-27-2005, 11:06 PM

Originally posted by joefarmer
I did the normal photoshop checks for a fake and it acutally looks legit. I didn't see any of the usual blurring or mismatched shadows. Plus, creating the smoke effect with correct shadows on a photoshopped image is fairly difficult. Either this is a professional photoshop or the trailer was loaded extremely tail heavy.

brandon.
(Shouldn't this be in the other section?)
I gues I should stop using my twin screw Kenworths to move our dozers around with?? Look at the truck it is not even squating?? It does look cool I will admit but no way! Goodluck,,,Rick
Old 02-27-2005, 11:21 PM

I don't usually post much but I enjoy this sight. Cool pictures but I have to make a comment on the Dodge hauling the CAT. The weight of a D9N is 96,000 lbs. and a D8N is 82,000 lbs. the tractor is far enough back on the trailer to crush the pick-up. By the way I've worked for a CAT dealer for 22 years. Neat pictures though. My $.02 worth. Mike.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:28 PM

I gues I should stop using my twin screw Kenworths to move our dozers around with?? Look at the truck it is not even squating?? It does look cool I will admit but no way! Goodluck,,,Rick
Definately keep the Kenworths! I guess if you look at the first pic with the tractor on the car hauler, the truck squats a good bit in the back and not with the dozer. From my limited experience with loading a trailer, I know you can manipulate the load for minimal weight but I have no experience with the trailer in question. Again, it looks like a pro quality photoshop job since there's none of the streaking or blurring when the contrast is turned up. Or maybe that day was his lucky day?

Now I have to go find a D9 to borrow and test my theory...

brandon.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:33 PM

A D9r weighs 50 to 55 tons Ours gets moved with no blade and still needs a serious trailer....nice work picture boy
Old 02-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Might not be a Photo-Chop, but notice you never see a picture of the hitch point.
The trailer could be parked, and he backed up to it.

Still,.... a neat picture.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:29 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Deere is a dead giveaway, look at the fenders on the trailer. Those tractor tires would have seriously crushed the trailer.
Nice truck though and very creative photoshop work, someone knows what they are doing!!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Obviously, the dozer pics are a no brainer but so are the pics of the Deere on a 6 ton float?!?!.......I'm not exactly sure what model it is but it is around the 150-200hp range........that it one hell of a load all by itself!!.......that tractor would flatten that 6 ton float!!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree. There's no way that truck could handle the weight of a D9. The rear bumper would be sitting on the ground. His tires aren't even bulging out at the bottom. No way.

Nice PhotoShop work....but I don't think so.

Same with the JD. Unless they loaded that thing onto the trailer with a crane then there's no way they could have driven it onto the trailer without crushing the fenders.

Oh yeah...since when did the 2001 Dodge come with a High Output Cummins??
Old 02-28-2005, 09:59 AM

Originally posted by Hoss

Oh yeah...since when did the 2001 Dodge come with a High Output Cummins?? [/B]
There was an option for a HO that year.

Pics are totally bogus. Those big mudders would have blown out, and he would be sitting on rim.

Remember the picture of the truck hauling sod?
Old 02-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Palmetto_kid
There was an option for a HO that year.
Didn't know that. I thought '03 was the first year they offered an HO. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quick Reply: Cool Pics!