Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite Dodge Diesel website?
DieselRam.Com
1.91%
Turbo Diesel Register
14.01%
Diesel Truck Resource
84.08%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Controversial Poll?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 10:42 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Controversial Poll?

OK, I want your HONEST opinions on this one. I want to know which Dodge related site is your favorite. You're not going to hurt my feelings if you tell me it's another site. I'm doing this because I want to know where we need to improve, and what you think are key points in making the best site. So here is the poll. Please vote.

What's important to this poll is that you post a followup as to your reasons for voting the way you did. I can take that info. and plan site upgrades, or policy changes etc.

Jack
Old 05-13-2004, 10:43 AM
DTR Founder

I'm not going to vote on this one by the way.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Truck Resource is the best Dodge Cummins Website Because: (reminds me of HS essays)

* Quick Responses
* To the Point Responses (exception is Hoss)
* Generally a friendly atmosphere (not too much mud slinging)
* Donations not fee's
* Reliable site (not too many server/website problems)
* Getting to know the people here
* Honest answers / good advice
* Great Lengths and a Welth of Knowledge

All this results in a well run website; thanks Jack and all of the Mods
Old 05-13-2004, 10:55 AM
DTR Founder

hehehe, hoss is a pain, isn't he? So what DONT you like? what can be changed to improve? What features would you like to see in the future? I'm not talking custom avatars and junk like that, I'm talking REAL features. Something that would be very helpful to our users.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jack,

I like this site a lot, people seem to be relatively civil, you have some very good moderators for when people get out of hand, and some very knowledgeable people are giving good advise. You also have the ocasional "comedian" also. I think you need to respond to my PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:19 AM

Location: Lingleville TX but active duty Air Force all over the world currently
I think this is the best site.....I didnt pay 35$ a year to get recipes and listen to other peoples personal affairs..i wanted technical stuffand advice for my cummins powered truck not the TYPICAL BS on TDR...I also got tired of hearing peole argue over BS that they wouldnt do because it wasnt in their owners manuals TDR will never get another peeny from me....
Old 05-13-2004, 11:53 AM

I made this site my home because the guys were friendlier, and you could ask a "dumb question" and not get a ration of stuff about it. Even today, silencer ring and block heater questions have been answered for the umpteenth time in the same friendly manner they were when I asked them way back. I thought the early days lacked more technical and competition threads than the other sites, but not any more. Can't tell you the last time I visited another site...it's been a long time.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:15 PM

you mean there are other sites?
Old 05-13-2004, 12:23 PM

jack watch out for mcmopar he can be a pain sometimes. great site like he said just think you should add some color and maybe truck of the week instead of the month. there are alot of trucks here and i think they would all like to be on the front page sooner than later.

just kidding , phil
Old 05-13-2004, 12:25 PM

I visited all three sites for quite some time before I joined this one. I found it to be the best, or at least the one I liked the most. I do believe I will stay here even though we do have some truly odd characters on this place!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though I've been awarded Truck of the Month and promoted to Moderator,
I still felt I could vote for DTR with a clear conscience.

TDR is just that, TDR, say no more.

Dieselram.com is a good friendly site as well, but nowhere near the traffic here.
Questions are answered quicker and with more knowledge here than there.

TDR might (I said might) have a deeper knowledge base,
but to me it's not worth the bucks to be able to post,
and get a magazine that basically sums up what's already been posted in the forums.

I'll stick around here for a while.

phox
Old 05-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Jack,

1) The atmosphere - - friendly, no swearing, no flaming, respect others opinions without trying to bury them, patient, caring, fun (yeh, even Hoss)
2) The responses are usually to the point with some sense of knowledge. Most of the time, those that don't know, don't throw their 3c worth in and make is sound like truth
3) The variety of topics

WANTS
1) TSB listing - - I have to keep going to other sites to keep up with them (too bad the dealer can't do a better job keeping up with them)
2) Fix the smilies so they enter where your curser is sitting instead of going to the bottom of the document (I know - - picky picky picky)
3) More tech documents on comparing different items without having to dredge thru threads trying to find them

Now, is that a short want list. In other words, really good site. Thanks Jack.

Bob
Old 05-13-2004, 03:32 PM
DTR Founder

Thanks for the input guys. I agree that TSB's and technical documents are a biggie for most people, including me. I would also like to see more of that, and we're slowly getting there. I'm looking forward to being able to publish the work Rich and others have done on the technical side.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:47 PM

I am not a member at TDR. I do try to help on Diesel Ram also. I chose this site as the best overall for two reasons , [One] the clean language and the way the moderators keep things on a level keel, such as arguing and controversial subjects where people tend to get hard feelings. I so much appreciate being able to set and use a web site that my wife can walk up and not have to read all the foul language. Please keep it that way!!! [Two] the knowledge found here, So a big thanks for a great site that helps alot of people keep some of thier hard earned money by repairing things themselves as there is always someone with the correct info needed on just about everything on these good ole trucks!!!! Goodluck,,,Rick
Old 05-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Opinions...

Ok, I have been a member here for only a short while, October of 03. I have found the site to be equal to the TDR, which I have been a membersince the early 90's. To me that is a long time affiliation.

Likes of the site:
The file size for pics are larger that the TDR. To post a pic you dont have to downsize as much, which gives better pics.

The times that I have asked some questons or had problems, I have always gotten a quick response either from the adminstrators or other members.

The knowledge base is also comparible to the TDR. What is different is I feel that there are different people here which gives better ideas/opinions for what ever the idea/problem.

Essentially free site, although I would probably pay for a membership, providing that the basics of the site stayed the same.

Good people posting and having a sense of humor, not only about our love for our trucks but also for life.

Dislikes of the site:

It appears to me that whomever started this website, just used the TDR set-up and changed the backround color. What gives? At first, (and I dont know the answer to this one) I figured that someone got mad at the TDR, and started there own site because someone made them mad? I think this should be addressed. Not that it really matters.....but the history of this site I would like to know more about.

I would like to see more smiles.......

No spell check, I think that should be required or at least an option. Cuz I cant speell for chit....LOL

The other site: I never heard of it before.....

Don

P.S. Maybe we should do a poll to see how many members here are also members of the TDR.

Quick Reply: Controversial Poll?