Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Christmas Music

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Am I the only one that enjoys listening to it? I can sit here for hours and listen to George and Clint and Toby and Reba and Martina belt songs out left and right. I love christmas time. It's my favorite time of year.
Nope. I love Christmas music. Like you, Christmas is my favorite time of year. Good stuff!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i usually put up my decorations thanksgiving day. 30 or so strings of lights, inflatable figures, trains under the tree, etc......

i just wish i had the property to run my big train around a real tree
[IMG][/IMG]

thats me in the blue shirt, my son in front is running it.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:16 AM

Me too, just not until after Thanksgiving. I might make limited preperations prior to that, but I refuse to look at Christmas stuff at the mall or store, listen to the music, or watch movies. After turkey day, I go get a tree, and it's on as far as movies and music.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04

i just wish i had the property to run my big train around a real tree
You would have loved the set up one of the guys at work had. Went all the way around his house and property, and the engine was powered by a 307 ci Chevy! Also had a switch or 2 and a little one stall roundhouse.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Banned

Mom's got the tree up and decorated, the house is decorated, George Strait is in the CD player, TST COMP should be here today, class is over for me today, I'm as happy as a chipmunk.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Banned

no gasoline motor in there. powered by 3 1.5 hp permanent magnet wheelchair motors, a 200 amp 24vdc controller. i have regenerative braking(means it turns the motors in generators going downhill and charges the 4 6vdc golfcart batteries). the loco weighs 840 lbs. 52" l, 22" wide, 32" tall. oh yeah, i build every part of it. lots of fun.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:44 AM

Did ya ever listen to Montgomery Gentry's version of "Merry Christmas From The Family" ?? I think Robert Earl Keen wrote it .... funny stuff.

"Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk .... at our Christmas party. They were drinkin' champagne punch and home-made eggnog."

It just goes downhill from there

PISTOL
Old 11-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Banned

Ain't heard their version but I've got Robert Earl Keen's. Also got the song that goes after Merry Christmas From the Family. That's just as good and messed up.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

REK is the man! Not a fan of christmas music (to each his own though) but the two REK songs.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned

I got in the tradition that Christmas lights and decorations weren't supposed to go up until Thanksgiving day or then after. Me and the bro and dad usually put the Christmas lights up while mom was inside cooking Thanksgiving dinner.......and then that night we would fire up the lights and set up the tree!! Man I miss them days......sucks my family not being together anymore.

I like Christmas music, but after awhile it gets to be too much if that's ALL I hear. I like when the radio stations mix it in with the normal everyday music instead of Christmas music 24-7!

I notice people around my parts are getting an early start on Christmas this year, lots of houses already have lights up and a lot of the stores and malls have lights up in the trees out front. Guess I better get off my butt and get my lights all rounded up........I only have 3 days till it's go time.

~Nick
Old 11-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love Christmas music!

Also, don't leave the "Christ" out of Christmas. After all, He is the reason for the season.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:17 PM

Dodgezilla, That is a serious trainset. Do you work for a railroad? An old guy where I live had a setup on his property that must have covered 20 acres. Had a train station, RR crossings and everything. He had a diesel locomotive and a steam locomotive both. Pretty cool setup. Also had a tremendous model set in a huge shed I have no ideal how many feet of track. One train ran from room to room etc up high on the wall. He opened up his property all the time to charitable organizations for fundraisers. A very fine man.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by derek840378
just bought a trans-siberian orchestra cd today!
Took a TSO CD with me on vacation last summer. The family sang along while driving through California on I-5 at 115 degrees!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

mike, nope of working for the railroad, just love them thats all. i enjoy building them, taking them to other railroads and letting my kids run them around.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:05 PM

Ok every Christmaslovers... I hate it! Ye Ye I know I probably have to get some kids to enjoy it again.
But this thread was about christmas music so.....this you can listen to 365/24/7

The Brian Setzer Orchestra
Boogie Woogie Christmas 2002
Dig that crazy Christmas 2005

Free download
http://www.surfdog.com/artists.php?i...d=1&type=PROMO

Official website
http://www.briansetzer.com/

Quick Reply: Christmas Music